*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Developing wonderkids into world class players is the best part of the game for me. Game breaking if this is knackered. Seems like young players aren't developing well enough even after the hotfix (see FM Scout on YT) if they aren't good enough to get in to a good teams first XI from the get go.

Is there any further insight on how mentoring groups are working / not working this year? Please don't say it's the same as FM22 - I don't want a return to previous versions where you could make 20+ model citizens by having angelo palombo mentor a couple of youngsters every season but I'd hope its better than the randomness and hit and miss of last year.

Are young players able to improve for a human manager in the U23s or in reserve football?

Are there any newgen wonderkids coming though who are good enough for top EPL sides from 16 or 17 (these players were non existent across FM 22). Thanks.

3 hours ago, agent007 said:

its stiill terrible. Black players still wear WIGS. 

Luke Mullen_ Profile.png

Ha Ha yeah, when I get that hairstyle I immediately use the Editor.....I cant be looking at that . Thanks for the post

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The forum used to be filled with never ending complaints about too many injuries, as realistic football injuries can see half your squad carrying some form of knock all season, so im sure SI toned it back.

It did used to be a complete nightmare and you had to get used to playing half fit players. 

Is that not how it works now, just via morale?

Low morale sees players perform worse.

But it’s haphazard to the point of randomness.

and there’s SO MUCH clicking / so many questions that anybody sane loses the will after a while.

and you lack that sense of purpose/intention, which I think the modifier would bring. 

22 minutes ago, Fabregas_04 said:

Yes, lots of improvements but brace yourself for the all too common defensive cluster****s that will have you ripping hair out. I really hope they get this sorted for release, or sooner because this ME really feels like there is potential.

This is about my only real issue with the M.E so far that I have taken an interest in. At the moment I am 14 games into my first season (Yes I know, People probably have bigger size samples) but of the 15 goals I have conceded I believe 9 of them have come from a long punt from the opposition keeper over the top of my midfield, Seeing my defenders stand there and ball bounces over them or between them, Goalkeeper stands there taking selfies whilst one of the opposition strikers walks right through to score. 3 of those goals were in one match 1-0 up and in comes a long kick now it's 1-1, 3-1 up and then it went to 3-3 all from long kicks from their keeper. Ok, Maybe one time you could get caught out from such an action, but 3 times within one half. Not too likely. I don't mind seeing one or two every so often, but for the love of my sanity and the thousands of other players around this needs toning down.

4 horas atrás, aj6658 disse:
  • AI team hoarding older players and not developing youth - never fixed and currently present in this edition 
  • Dynamic youth rating - never fixed 
  • Passing stats - never fixed
  • Genpressing being OP in FM22 - Never fixed 
  • Terrible transfer AI - not been fixed for years. I posted about in my save spurs bought DVB for 20m in Jan, selling him for 6m later for a loss. 
  • Graphics thats have gotten worse from 17. FIFA manager had better graphics than FM23 10 years ago. 

This "Its a BETA" defence is so asinine. Evidence above of things never fixed. 

Maybe hold SI to a Higher standard?

Which was the last version of the game to have most of these working properly?

I fancy a long youth development save this weekend..

18 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Report it then please :thup: Saying that, I'm sure somebody already has 

Was also an issue on the last FM and was reported as such, for things reported on the last edition to get carried over to the new edition, beta or not, really is poor.

Hello, I'm playing with Blyth Spartans in the Beta to learn the new things (...) and I noticed something weird. When I tell the youth section head to take care of signings for the U18s, he comes up with some pretty good 16-year-old talent every week that I can sign for 300/week. That almost looks like an exploit to me?

Edited by Conardo

1 minute ago, KamyKaze said:

Just had the most tense finish of a season ever. 

Tied last game with Liverpool and they're in front cause: first tiebreaker is Overall goal difference, and we're tied on that, so next tie braker is Overall goals scored and they are in front cause of that.

They score early and I'm on the wrong foot. We only score the first on the seccond half but they winning 2-0 by then. But then Palace scores against them and all I need is one more goal. Chance after chance missed and I was in pain till Halland scores at the last minute possible for the title win :D

Amazing stuff

image.png.91f7041cbef37233730e7132df132534.png

Definitely report that as a bug. I'm not happy about that at all. SI are awful to let this through ;)

8 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Definitely report that as a bug. I'm not happy about that at all. SI are awful to let this through ;)

What do you mean? this is a perfect recreation of Aguero giving them the title a few years back. This must mean this game is scripted :D 

18 minutes ago, KamyKaze said:

What do you mean? this is a perfect recreation of Aguero giving them the title a few years back. This must mean this game is scripted :D 

Not enough injuries in FM23, totally unrealistic particularly for Norwegian strikers. Scripted for sure ;)

2 hours ago, Tonton_Zola said:

But it’s haphazard to the point of randomness.

and there’s SO MUCH clicking / so many questions that anybody sane loses the will after a while.

and you lack that sense of purpose/intention, which I think the modifier would bring. 

I think it would be pretty easy to figure out and "game" eventually, plus how would it work for AI managers?

Always wondered that for interviews as they are, do AI managers automatically do the "best" answer? Or are they programmed by their personality?

19 minutes ago, Ferocious289 said:

Anyone else having the europa/cl music spilling over into the match?

The tune plays in its entirety. As long as you don't click to start the game and let all the pre-match graphics and line ups complete, it'll sync in time to stop when the game starts. As soon as you skip a section, it'll continue to play whilst the game starts. 

Just offered Gundogan to test if someone would make an offer for him and Newcastle take the bait and offered 10M for him to get im a month earlier than they would get him if they offered him a contract as his City's contract is ending... off to see if this is already reported

image.thumb.png.6a8cc4e8d0aecf402b906a2c31fb75ce.png

3 hours ago, Martinho said:

Developing wonderkids into world class players is the best part of the game for me. Game breaking if this is knackered. Seems like young players aren't developing well enough even after the hotfix (see FM Scout on YT) if they aren't good enough to get in to a good teams first XI from the get go.

Is there any further insight on how mentoring groups are working / not working this year? Please don't say it's the same as FM22 - I don't want a return to previous versions where you could make 20+ model citizens by having angelo palombo mentor a couple of youngsters every season but I'd hope its better than the randomness and hit and miss of last year.

Are young players able to improve for a human manager in the U23s or in reserve football?

Are there any newgen wonderkids coming though who are good enough for top EPL sides from 16 or 17 (these players were non existent across FM 22). Thanks.

I mean...

There was already a massive wonderkid bloat on FM's anyway/ People seem to think a wonderkid every few seasons is the norm :D It's not.

If there's less wonderkids newgens than usual, great. It means it will make them even more valuable and a joy to follow

4 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

and now YouTuber RDF

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong - but his tactics focus on exploiting the match engine for positive results, rather than creating/implementing an actual style of football within the match engine. But if that's to your taste, then perhaps our palette isn't suited to dog poo. Grazie Mille.

Edited by Fealneerg

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The forum used to be filled with never ending complaints about too many injuries, as realistic football injuries can see half your squad carrying some form of knock all season, so im sure SI toned it back.

It did used to be a complete nightmare and you had to get used to playing half fit players.

SI should either put out a game that's as realistic as possible or allow users to pick the setting that they want: realistic or fake.

10 minutes ago, KamyKaze said:

Just offered Gundogan to test if someone would make an offer for him and Newcastle take the bait and offered 10M for him to get im a month earlier than they would get him if they offered him a contract as his City's contract is ending... off to see if this is already reported

There's some logic to it. English clubs can't offer contracts to future free agents at other English clubs until the last month of their contract. Foreign clubs can offer 6 months before their contract expires. So by agreeing to pay that 10m they can lock in his transfer rather than having to wait until June and hoping no foreign club agrees a deal with him before they're even allowed to make an offer.

If the same happens in foreign leagues then it may be an issue. But due to England's unique free transfer rules it's potentially justifiable there at least.

12 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

There's some logic to it. English clubs can't offer contracts to future free agents at other English clubs until the last month of their contract. Foreign clubs can offer 6 months before their contract expires. So by agreeing to pay that 10m they can lock in his transfer rather than having to wait until June and hoping no foreign club agrees a deal with him before they're even allowed to make an offer.

If the same happens in foreign leagues then it may be an issue. But due to England's unique free transfer rules it's potentially justifiable there at least.

That's fine but when they made the offer there were 24 days remaining on his contract. So I'm thinking it is indeed a bug

53 minutes ago, Fealneerg said:

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong - but his tactics focus on exploiting the match engine for positive results, rather than creating/implementing an actual style of football within the match engine. But if that's to your taste, then perhaps our palette isn't suited to dog poo. Grazie Mille.

Ah, that's why I've never heard of him. I just watched one video where he showed that low block works well. Thanks for the tip - I won't subscribe to his channel.

5 hours ago, Sky said:

Ah yes, clubs taking a punt on a player and selling for a loss never happens in real life.

You're right, AI squadbuilding is completely fine, and that's why the entire reputation curve in game shifts older as the game goes on.  It's very normal for eight of the top twelve players in the world to still be there sixteen years later.  This is an exact 1:1 representation of reality.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Domoboy23:

I mean...

There was already a massive wonderkid bloat on FM's anyway/ People seem to think a wonderkid every few seasons is the norm :D It's not.

If there's less wonderkids newgens than usual, great. It means it will make them even more valuable and a joy to follow

There is a difference between "not so many wonderkids" and "it's hardly possible to develope players because of a bug"

On 27/10/2022 at 17:22, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm managing in Belgium, and to be honest, I can't remember even getting a news item about it. The prize money in the league is peanuts, so I assumed there had to be a separate TV deal. I'll have a look at the finances page when I load it up later on. 

EDIT - Just loaded it up there, and for the first season, league TV revenue was £1,281,025, and I'm manager Club Brugge

Thanks for checking. It's been like that for years, and I have no idea why. There was a TV deal signed in 2020 (that is still in place) for 103M total, to be divided among the clubs, iirc by their five year league coefficient.

https://www.hln.be/jupiler-pro-league/handtekening-van-103-miljoen-staat-er-eindelijk-eleven-ondertekent-tv-contract~a33efb0a/

38 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

I’ll be honest, I’ll probably wait for the release to see if anything changes now, otherwise this could be the shortest FM on record for me.

I cannot see anything that has changed in my limited time. The much vaunted ME changes are…not really visible to me? The animations are still iffy and the goalie animations still don’t fit what I see on a weekly basis at football. I don’t care about the level of graphics like some, but wrong animations do hurt the immersion.

Granted I’m playing Catenaccio football in Serie C, but there are things that don’t seem half as intuitive as FM22, certainly focusing play down a certain flank or watching a tightly marked and closed down player be exactly where he should be, but my tight markers are nowhere near them. 

I’ve noticed a lot of outside of the boot shots going straight as well. 

The scouting is another issue I think. I bought this FM because I haven’t used scouts since the last time they revamped it and this seemed like a step forward. It is not, in my opinion. I am very much “I was a certain type of player and nothing else will do”, but I was intrigued by the near misses idea, but everyone that was recommended to me was way off on something (the point of it), but it was such a specific focus, that being off by that much meant I was not interested.

Also, the focuses seemed to take on a life of their own. It may be that I need to sack my DoF (who has zero control over anything) as he kept putting in a 17-22 recruitment focus, even after being deleted, when all I wanted was a 17-19 focus. 

Squad planner isn’t as intuitive as it could be and quite frankly it was quicker to go my own way rather than use it. I can see it being a good thing if you sign players after Jan so you can see where you need to sell, but again, it’s a multi-click mess.

I think this is my jumping off point for FM, as it doesn’t cater for my style of management, which is fine, we all grow out of games and SI have done a stunning job keeping me interested since ‘93! But everything good about FM23 was in FM22 so far

Sums up my thoughts, as well.

4 minutes ago, JamieTC13 said:

Don't know where to post this but surely this isn't right the board wanting to take my chief scout away but leave just the normal scout

Untitled.png

if you think it is a bug raise it in the bug forum and give them the save game, they wont see it here

1 hour ago, KamyKaze said:

Not sure anyone posted this before, but the Supporter profile indeed changes after a season ends

image.thumb.png.0391fdcd1943a26523279fccc02a6fa5.png

It's been confirmed that it changes, I think the question is what does the change mean? What is the outcome of having more fair weather fans than hardcore? Does the makeup of the profile affects the influence on the board? None of that was explained.

2 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

You're right, AI squadbuilding is completely fine, and that's why the entire reputation curve in game shifts older as the game goes on.  It's very normal for eight of the top twelve players in the world to still be there sixteen years later.  This is an exact 1:1 representation of reality.

Unfortunately, to mask some of the AI squad building issues, it's best to load as many leagues as possible on playable. Teams in playable leagues will be more aggressive in the transfer market potentially driving up the prices.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is that not how it works now, just via morale?

Low morale sees players perform worse.

Now people complain about youth not developing. How are they going to develop without getting opportunities because of injuries to veterans? Obviously the fast decline of old players wasn't the solution either because reputation played a factor.

Unless you intentionally dog out a player, which no user will ever do, interactions have a minimal impact on morale. It is only a matter of choosing the right answer. Furthermore, out of 15 questions, about 5 of the answers may have an impact on the game. As I mentioned in another thread, press and player interactions need to have a greater risk/reward factor, and there should be no right or wrong answer. It should also be a tug of war between keeping the board, fans, and players satisfied with your response in press conferences.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon