[FM23][SKIN] The Annual Show Your Skin thread

TCSSkin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09/08/2023 at 12:31, _Ben_ said:

It is quite a narrow typeface but I prefer that and I'm coming from the UCL font that is also one. The font is called Francophil Sans - as you can see below - and it also has the special characters so Icelandic names can work! I particularly like the numbers in this one.

1286f623211b89cae02ef1999db400f7.png

It's actually quite a simple Find/Replace in Notepad++ to get the font changed though.

---

As for your second question..

like the ambiguity between natural/accomplished but I've made some changes since my last release where you can use a hidden button on the player position to bring up this:

15d701b2d773e1a953acc82319875486.png

From there you can see the side preference and whether they are natural/accomplished etc.

Hello there,

I've decided to switch dark polish skin font to this one, really enjoying it but got a problem displaying croatian, turkish and serbian names. I'm not an expert so i politely ask you if you have a solution for this.

image.thumb.png.23a65b020bca40e4e30e871fd89995b3.png

Thanks, in advance.

29 minutes ago, Kewan said:

Hello there,

I've decided to switch dark polish skin font to this one, really enjoying it but got a problem displaying croatian, turkish and serbian names. I'm not an expert so i politely ask you if you have a solution for this.

image.thumb.png.23a65b020bca40e4e30e871fd89995b3.png

Thanks, in advance.

the font might not have the letters to show the names correct 

2 hours ago, Kewan said:

It would appear that there is no bold version of some of the characters:

127d665ce97f1c178e7c41997ed6ecd8.png

I might have a further look to see if I can find a similar font that does have these.

Two questions which I'd like to ask for some help with, whilst kind of showing what I've got, so far...

33da169e53b129546b09264ea172055f.png

Adding some bits to the home page in order to save the clicks:

These need to be made to fit in with what I want here but the first job was getting things that worked. So, question one: What would be useful here? I like that I can see the squad depth, league comparison , best XI and next opponent (not shown) but wanted to know what else would fill this button area. Next question: Is there a line of code that can be used to show/hide this dependent on whether this is my team squad or not? I know there are for players, below, but have not found one for teams...

<record id="object_property" get_property="PHcr" set_property="Shwn" />

Thanks!!!

Developed a couple of those little add-ins to the squad panel:

Squad view with the buttons on the left:

008cf7ec11c79589c4722a9496fe7eb7.png

1) Nice little visual of the best (and worst) players within a team and a quick breakdown of their percentages (obviously, cannot display more than one player - as seen there with the tackle success rate):

165649bba868d5691e6ee40a6c15dd12.png

2) Depth chart now works for positions:

c38dd1a6f90cb1bc33a465ef1e576bfa.png

3) A little bit more detailed last match - showing minutes, goals and assists, as well as some feedback:

e89df50ed0c9b67be38626bc38d42ec2.png

12 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

1) Nice little visual of the best (and worst) players within a team and a quick breakdown of their percentages (obviously, cannot display more than one player - as seen there with the tackle success rate):

3) A little bit more detailed last match - showing minutes, goals and assists, as well as some feedback:

The only thing I can add on this is OUAOUUUUUU

and one more little thing in stats . 
is possible to and PPDA ? passes per defensive action

Edited by milenec11

15 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

incredible. absolutely incredible 

Hi @_Ben_ I've been following your skin's progress for months. The work you do is really interesting. Unfortunately I cannot use it because it is not compatible with my Huawei notebook which has a 16" screen with a resolution of 2520 x 1680 pixels. Will you be able to make your skin compatible for other resolutions too? or do you know any method to adapt your gorgeous skin to my notebook? Thank you and keep going, the community needs people like you!!!

8 hours ago, milenec11 said:

and one more little thing in stats . 
is possible to and PPDA ? passes per defensive action

Sadly - these are the only ones that I've found to exist within the game!

5 hours ago, bluestillidie00 said:

incredible. absolutely incredible 

High praise indeed! Thank you.

2 hours ago, milenec11 said:

We cross fingers for a public release …..( I do not Push things , I did not push things. I did not push things ) :herman::seagull:

I'm not saying never! Finished this off last night by moving the buttons to a more sensible place:

7553670674ed3d6ee523c8d3ac0b741f.png

I really want to have the ability to show/change buttons depending on when it's your team or not, but I can't find an example anywhere to steal the code from.

I also remade the Team Talk space to show more info but, for some reason, adding this as a button stopped me from being able to select views on the squad page.

1 hour ago, s_pasmus said:

Hi @_Ben_ I've been following your skin's progress for months. The work you do is really interesting. Unfortunately I cannot use it because it is not compatible with my Huawei notebook which has a 16" screen with a resolution of 2520 x 1680 pixels. Will you be able to make your skin compatible for other resolutions too? or do you know any method to adapt your gorgeous skin to my notebook? Thank you and keep going, the community needs people like you!!!

Thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately, it's just so hard to build for different resolutions and screen sizes. FM gets around this by utilising space and, even though I've hugely cut down, my skin does not. I've added spacers around the outside of most things to try and build in that element but it's not a perfect fix. Could I possibly trouble you for some screenshots of what it does look like? More out of interest than committing to a fix...

8 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I'm not saying never! Finished this off last night by moving the buttons to a more sensible place:

I really want to have the ability to show/change buttons depending on when it's your team or not, but I can't find an example anywhere to steal the code from.

I also remade the Team Talk space to show more info but, for some reason, adding this as a button stopped me from being able to select views on the squad page.

Thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately, it's just so hard to build for different resolutions and screen sizes. FM gets around this by utilising space and, even though I've hugely cut down, my skin does not. I've added spacers around the outside of most things to try and build in that element but it's not a perfect fix. Could I possibly trouble you for some screenshots of what it does look like? More out of interest than committing to a fix...

mate every time i see it's felt like orgasm:hammer:

33 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

@_Ben_ if you can and want you "must" fix and in shouts in game the individual shout cause now can not select anything...

10 hours ago, milenec11 said:

@_Ben_ if you can and want you "must" fix and in shouts in game the individual shout cause now can not select anything...

Nor can I but I’ve taken everything out of every folder that may be connected and can’t find the source of my issue. It’ll be done!

Fancied a little remake of the Last Match and Next Match areas so that they resemble something that feels linked and also authentic in a report style. I'm aware that it doesn't match the general style of a number of other panels but I enjoyed making it and doing some skinning work again...

1. Last Match

c18db56334a4753b50b3ea6fa6293e65.gif

Skip between the overview, specific ratings and G/A/mins for starting XI, specific strength and weaknesses and them some more, deeper, statistical stuff.

2. Next Match

1dc9547479dd43995ed7244dd8262bc4.gif

Skip between the overview with more manager and player info, their attacking/possession/defensive contributions, a stat pack and some team metrics.

15 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Fancied a little remake of the Last Match and Next Match areas so that they resemble something that feels linked and also authentic in a report style. I'm aware that it doesn't match the general style of a number of other panels but I enjoyed making it and doing some skinning work again...

1. Last Match

c18db56334a4753b50b3ea6fa6293e65.gif

Skip between the overview, specific ratings and G/A/mins for starting XI, specific strength and weaknesses and them some more, deeper, statistical stuff.

2. Next Match

1dc9547479dd43995ed7244dd8262bc4.gif

Skip between the overview with more manager and player info, their attacking/possession/defensive contributions, a stat pack and some team metrics.

I got chills, they're multiplying

And I'm losing control

'Cause the skin you're supplying

It's electrifying!:applause: