WORLD CUP SHOCK!!

3 minutes ago, monty-rfc said:

what do you mean mate? relatively new to the forum

This is directly from match engine bug forum.

How to find a PKM?

*After your match has finished or if you return to your schedule and view the match you can save match in the top right corner of the screen. This will save your PKM file for your to share so we can further investigate the issue. You can also find .pkm files in your 'automatic' folder which is located 'Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\matches\automatic*

Then just add .pkm file and send here or to me. But if it's too hard just let it be. :) I'm just curious what happened inside the match.

2 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

This is directly from match engine bug forum.

How to find a PKM?

*After your match has finished or if you return to your schedule and view the match you can save match in the top right corner of the screen. This will save your PKM file for your to share so we can further investigate the issue. You can also find .pkm files in your 'automatic' folder which is located 'Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\matches\automatic*

Then just add .pkm file and send here or to me. But if it's too hard just let it be. :) I'm just curious what happened inside the match.

No I can't mate but I'm now over a year past the match date, is this why?

Just now, monty-rfc said:

No I can't mate but I'm now over a year past the match date, is this why?

Mm not sure or you just have not set full details on in the detail level settings.

FM -> detail level

There's also setting how much game saves matches in mb's.

FM -> settings 

1 hour ago, RJCPS said:

Oof that Tunisia result should be straight into bug section xD

Also shouldn't Holland be "The Netherlands" now?

I raised in the data bugs, last year. I provided links from Wikipedia, UEFA and FIFA!!!! They reply, Saying they (SI) are considering the English names of those nations...  Oh well... :ackter:

But if still not okay report it in the bug threads, maybe they listen if more people report it as mistake. Or there is an uproar of Dutch or Nederlanders.

8 hours ago, grade said:

I raised in the data bugs, last year. I provided links from Wikipedia, UEFA and FIFA!!!! They reply, Saying they (SI) are considering the English names of those nations...  Oh well... :ackter:

It's not really the English name of the country though... is it?

Oh well, back to managing in the London Premier League I guess :D

It seems ridiculous, and I suppose it is, but when you look at that run Tunisia had it's not completely out of this world. France and Denmark are obviously big favourites to get through that group but Tunisia getting a result against Denmark isn't inconceivable, in fact they only drew to the biggest underdog in the group in Australia.

You'd be hard pressed to find an easier run of Mexico, USA and Croatia in the knockouts of a World Cup. Then if you take the Germany game in isolation it's a one off match, and we see upsets on a weekly basis in football. If we could run the 2022 World Cup 100 times in real life, you'd see some odd winners for sure

7 hours ago, Steve1977beyond said:

This sounds a bit dodgy guys, is this a known bug and are SI going to fix it? 

Nah, not a bug. You could argue it's a bug if plenty of people were seeing it, but I think everybody that's posted here other than the OP has had a winner that seems pretty reasonable. It shouldn't be impossible for a team like Tunisia to win (just like it isn't in real life), so as long as it's incredibly rare, as it seems to be, then there's nothing really wrong with it.

4 hours ago, thefmveteran86 said:

Speaking of the World cup did anyone else see they reduced the groups into groups of 3 teams and made more of them or is that not going to happen in real life around 10 years into the future? 

Yeah, that's the plan from 2026 onwards. A 48 team World Cup. It switched to that in FM22 as well.

Personally I'm really not a fan of it, 3 team groups are just dumb. I made a 40 team World Cup mod for FM22, 5 teams per group so it was still expanded to include more teams (mostly from Africa/Asia) but doesn't have an incredibly uncompetitive group stage. Updating that for FM23 will be one of the first things I do once the full game and editor release!