No 2024 format for the UEFA competitions

Being annoyed by the changes UEFA decided to make with the new UEFA competitions format, I created this file which simply removes the new 2024 format and keeps the current one, including the nation coefficients. Nothing else about these competitions has been changed.

The edited competitions:
UEFA Champions League
UEFA Europa League
UEFA Conference League
UEFA Youth League

No_2024_format_V3.fmf

Additional version with away goals reactivated (Only select one of the two files):

No_2024_format_with_away_goals_V3.fmf

Old files:

No_2024_format_V1.fmf (23.0)
No_2024_format_with_away_goals_V1.fmf (23.0)

No_2024_format_V2.fmf (23.3)
No_2024_format_with_away_goals_V2.fmf (23.3)

Edited by V2023

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2022 at 04:38, hrmantovani said:

Sadly this caused some conflicts in my Ajax save. This was the only editor file I used, so unless it's a FM bug itself this is the reason why the Dutch Cup didn't take place in the 2024/25 season and the Eredivisie in 2025/26.

I had a look, the problem seems to be that the Dutch cup requires the group/league stage of the Champions League to start and the international playoff requires the cup to be finished. It's a simple fix, but sadly I hadn't noticed this before. I've added the additional file now for future saves.

Edited by V2023

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/11/2022 at 16:43, V2023 said:

Being annoyed by the changes UEFA decided to make with the new UEFA competitions format, I created this file which simply removes the new 2024 format and keeps the current one, including the nation coefficients. Nothing else about these competitions has been changed.

The edited competitions:
UEFA Champions League
UEFA Europa League
UEFA Conference League
UEFA Youth League
UEFA Super Cup

Additionally, there is a file fixing the Dutch cup and league to work with this file. It does not change anything about the competition itself, it plays out like in the vanilla game.

No_2024_format.fmf 22.06 kB · 55 downloads No_2024_format_NED_fix.fmf 21.75 kB · 17 downloads

hello, I use your file but I noticed that no awards get awarded, this was a the only file loaded.

10 hours ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

hello, I use your file but I noticed that no awards get awarded, this was a the only file loaded.

That's weird, I've run a test myself and all Champions/Europa/Conference League awards are awarded. What season are you in?

On 25/11/2022 at 01:15, themodelcitizen said:

Can we have a version with away goals re-activated? :lol: I'm sure it's a simple fix I can do myself mind you. Nice to go full pre-2018 or so

I dislike away goals myself, but here you go.

No_2024_format_with_away_goals.fmf

Edited by V2023

5 hours ago, V2023 said:

That's weird, I've run a test myself and all Champions/Europa/Conference League awards are awarded. What season are you in?

december 2025.

I have made changes to your file, but those changes were only for stadium requierments and cards(IIRC)

19 minutes ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

december 2025.

I have made changes to your file, but those changes were only for stadium requierments and cards(IIRC)

Could you send me the changed file so I can run a test with it?

2 hours ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

After looking through the file, I don't think I changed anything since I usually add terracing

No_2024_format Mine.fmf 22.09 kB · 1 download

So, I did some testing and for some reason this problem only appears with the files being split, though I don't know why. I've updated the post now to include a combined version, for any future saves.

1 hour ago, V2023 said:

So, I did some testing and for some reason this problem only appears with the files being split, though I don't know why. I've updated the post now to include a combined version, for any future saves.

Thank you! For finding out!

Edited by HurkaDurk69

Update to V2

- Updated to work with the 23.3 update
- Files now work with any Dutch file without the need for an additional file
- Awards now work in every file

Edited by V2023

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/03/2023 at 17:16, V2023 said:

Update to V2

- Updated to work with the 23.3 update
- Files now work with any Dutch file without the need for an additional file
- Awards now work in every file

any chance of a New update please for 23.4 cheers

Update to V3

- Updated to work with the 23.4 update
- Until SI fixes the Icelandic Cup, the Icelandic Second Division is filled up with an additional team from below

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/05/2023 at 15:14, V2023 said:

Update to V3.1

- Removed the Icelandic temporary fix

Hello, any idea if removing this is enough to keep the Champions/Europas as they are BUT!! to remove the drop from teams that lose into the lower cup?

image.png.c758e2ac508140150b8d6b4684f3277d.png

Because if it's as simple as removing the Fate actions and Qualification rule then i'm totally doing it, it's actually the only good change i like about the new thing they are doing to the champions league, i dislike all the rest but the no more drops from those that lose is great.

looks like it's not that simple after all XD didn't work got error of "few teams", so if i may ask and if it's not to much time spent on it, could you @V2023 see if it's possible to remove the loser drop into Europa and Conferance leagues? Thanks for the work you did :)

6 hours ago, SkyRipper said:

looks like it's not that simple after all XD didn't work got error of "few teams", so if i may ask and if it's not to much time spent on it, could you @V2023 see if it's possible to remove the loser drop into Europa and Conferance leagues? Thanks for the work you did :)

Here you go

No_2024_format_wo_Dropdown.fmf