One of the toughest challenges on Football Manager....

Has anybody (on the current version) attempted to win the SPL with a side other than the Old Firm - without any editing, cheating or deleting till you get the right result.

In terms of winning an outright league it must be the toughest challenge in the game.

Post here if you have!

2 saat önce, Stevo_99 said:

Has anybody (on the current version) attempted to win the SPL with a side other than the Old Firm - without any editing, cheating or deleting till you get the right result.

In terms of winning an outright league it must be the toughest challenge in the game.

Post here if you have!

SPL? i did not understant

I loved this challenge in FM21 and FM22. I was able to win with Hearts, Hamilton, and even Edinburgh. The exploit is the loan market -- as you can find players available who are just as good as what Celtic and Rangers have. It's a bit tougher now in a post-Brexit world, but it can still be done if things break right.

I find winning the EPL with a low payroll club to be much tougher. Loans just don't get you players as good as what Man City and Liverpool have, and you have to hope those clubs have an "off" year.

Yes, I won it with Aberdeen. It took me 8 years to break the Old Firm. Rangers hit a bad patch and only finished 4th in the year I won it. Celtic lost on the last day of the season to hand me the title. 

23 hours ago, supersjay said:

No...the hardest challenge (which can be done in any league) is to go through a season drawing every match - without cheating! 

I disagree. The hardest challenge is to go a full season losing every game without being sacked. No cheating...

Youth Academy only, in England, with a tier 6 team that is newly promoted from (unplayable) tier 7... thats the toughest widely played challenge you can do IMO...

Can reduce the difficulty by being in another country with less tiers or managing a professional team in League 1 or 2 maybe, but even then it is very very hard. I am likely getting the sack in my first season in tier 6 England :lol:

Edited by BrightLad5
Spelling

i will say there are no tough challenges for the experienced fm player. what makes them challenging isnt the difficult rating but the length, tediousness and how much actual real world time it takes.

every challenge is possible but it just depends on your time and how patient you are.

It's not even close to the most difficult challenge.  The AI even managed it after a little while.  Any challenge in the game has its difficulty evaporated as the seasons go on anyway, the AI isn't good enough to put up much of a long-term fight.

On 13/11/2022 at 14:52, gunnerfan said:

SPL=Scottish Premier League.

Which doesn't exist anymore, and hasn't for a number of years.  SPFL is the league system, Scottish Premiership is the league, in all its them-down-South aping glory.

The toughest challenge this year is to be able to achieve the same level of performance of the real manager of SL Benfica Roger Schmidt, (according to FM database creators the man deserves a prize-nobel in tactics...) which is so far, 25 matches played and not one single defeat YET, only 4 draws conceded, and playing competition matches since the pre-knock-out stages of the Champions League, on top of that, Group Leader at the CL,being able not to be defeated against the humble likes of PSG and Juventus... (Try that with the under-rated FM23 Benfica team...)... it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE TO IMITATE IN FM23 (so far, since the database was made by the usual PT Haters) THE REAL DELIVERY OF THE TEAM WITHOUT MASSIVE TRANSFERS IN. IT IS RIDICULLOUS for years THE CA/PA attributed to top players in the PT league, this year the likes of GONÇALO RAMOS (!!! a 21 YO striker already at the world cup...), RAFA SILVA, Neres just to mention Benfica players (FCPorto was top of the CL group as well, try that with the Porto FM23 team...): I WISH Benfica gets to play REAL Madrid on the CL to make you all swallow your usual biased work on the database!! CRonaldo, Luis Figo, and the entire legion of PT league players having success abroad support my claim, all were regular under 150PA  FM## players until they moved elsewhere in ENG/ESP/GER/FRA/ITA... The "Potencial " was always there... was not increased elsewhere, that's your own definition... applied generously to crappy teens from the UK but missed a lot elsewhere

Edited by The RawK

• 3 weeks later...

Gonçalo Ramos just scored an Hat-Trick at the World Cup 1/8s in Qatar...  (with a ridiculous FM23 database CA144 PA152...) sitting CR7 and Rafael Leao on the bench... for your amazing scouting team to reflect on their ultra-biased work

Edited by The RawK

6 hours ago, The RawK said:

Gonçalo Ramos just scored an Hat-Trick at the World Cup 1/8s in Qatar...  (with a ridiculous FM23 database CA144 PA152...) sitting CR7 and Rafael Leao on the bench... for your amazing scouting team to reflect on their ultra-biased work

That....was random 😄 Probably best placed in the database issues section.

Try to win the champions League with STM Sports from Wales in FM22 or FM23!! (I am trying in FM20)

Spoiler

Its impossible to do without a custom database in fm22 and fm23 because:

"Closure of the club
On 27 July 2020 it was announced that the club would not play in the 2020–21 season, and would dissolve." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STM_Sports_F.C.

9 hours ago, The RawK said:

Biased against who? You realise it's a Benfica fan who will be setting the attributes and abilities for Ramos? 

On 20/11/2022 at 18:06, xkvicd said:

The toughest challenge in FM is winning the champions league with FC Vaduz. I would say it is borderline impossible without savescumming.

I keep wanting to try this and then remember how hard it would be

One of my favourite ever FM saves was about seven years ago, eventually winning the SPL with Dundee Utd having initially got them promoted from the second division. I was also finishing my PhD at the time and staying in a friend's flat while she was on holiday so it's especially vivid in my memory! I can't remember which version it was, though. We played a 4-4-1-1 with a wide playmaker and a winger, some brilliant football. I think it's actually not as hard as you'd think, because most of the other teams in the SPL are *****, so as soon as you start getting third or fourth regularly you can easily build up some cash reserves, improve the squad, bring in younger players and so on. I think I won the UEFA cup before I won the league.

3 horas atrás, dannyfc disse:

Biased against who? You realise it's a Benfica fan who will be setting the attributes and abilities for Ramos? 

I think you are misinformed, all Benfica fans and FM## gamers are outraged at the database evaluations of the Portuguese players for years, the fact is, once they have a transfer to the PL/La Liga their PA increases 25% just by getting in the plane... want some evidence? Compare Bernardo Silva, Ruben Dias, João Cancelo, Bruno Fernandes, Diogo Jota, Ruben Neves, João Palhinha, Matheus Nunes, Nuno Tavares, Pedro Neto, Ricardo Pereira, for instance, their PA  from 7-10 years ago with their PA now...don't even mention the hilarious example of CR7 long ago, some PA150 before the 1st move to ManUnited...

1 hour ago, The RawK said:

I think you are misinformed, all Benfica fans and FM## gamers are outraged at the database evaluations of the Portuguese players for years, the fact is, once they have a transfer to the PL/La Liga their PA increases 25% just by getting in the plane... want some evidence? Compare Bernardo Silva, Ruben Dias, João Cancelo, Bruno Fernandes, Diogo Jota, Ruben Neves, João Palhinha, Matheus Nunes, Nuno Tavares, Pedro Neto, Ricardo Pereira, for instance, their PA  from 7-10 years ago with their PA now...don't even mention the hilarious example of CR7 long ago, some PA150 before the 1st move to ManUnited...

I don't know, I have seen some great talent from the Portuguese League. Fabio Silva comes to mind, I remember him at 16 and he developed in to a beast in my games. Nascimento also comes to mind.

Maybe they didn't have a fixed PA and it was random at times.