[FM23] Random and Small Skinning Questions

TCSSkin

4 minutes ago, johnwalker said:

Thanks both, I'll try and show you what I mean. 

image.thumb.png.9aac9f1bc6231800ca0fd27e830e630d.png

image.png

This works.

image.thumb.png.2e7155693aae2eb714488dfba8f77d94.pngimage.png.8ecccebe1b7fe500ecc7b169a81a7f9b.png

This doesn't.

Should also say even though I have clearly changed red_replacment to red on all the values, it loads the default red_replacement Ben set in his classes. 

It's like Ben's class from his skin is being loaded in my skin because it's named the same.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, johnwalker said:

I'm an idiot!

I didn't have a config file in my classes folder so it wasn't importing, literally wasted all day being stupid :D 

Glad it’s resolved. Could I ask to see a screenshot please - interested in how others have interpreted what can be done with classes. 

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Glad it’s resolved. Could I ask to see a screenshot please - interested in how others have interpreted what can be done with classes. 

Will do when I've finished messing.

Leading on from this.. does anyone know if it is possible to create a hint pop-up for an icon set in a class?

19 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Maybe a skinning question, but if it isn't, I know someone will be able to point me in the right direction. With job titles like DoF and Manager, what would I need to change to make it something like 'General Manager' and 'Head Coach'?

what is the problem'?
KEY-348845: General Manager[COMMENT: the title the chairman uses at the club]
KEY-330006: Head Coach[COMMENT: Editor; job type]

5 minutes ago, Olas Nick said:

what is the problem'?
KEY-348845: General Manager[COMMENT: the title the chairman uses at the club]
KEY-330006: Head Coach[COMMENT: Editor; job type]

My staff list shows as 'Chairperson' and 'Manager'. How can I make it so it reads 'GM' and 'Head Coach'?

9 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

My staff list shows as 'Chairperson' and 'Manager'. How can I make it so it reads 'GM' and 'Head Coach'?

I think that you used to be able to change the in game language from English UK to English USA and that changed some job titles. I think!!

1 hour ago, lukewm said:

Does anyone know how to change this button to the default circle shape that it usually is? Copied files over from another skin due to my lack of knowledge with skinning and don't know how to change it back, if anyone could help that would be great.

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 14.05.52.png

anything can be turned back by gradually deleting the copied files
in this case i think it would be .\graphics\chrome\buttons\continue\button.png
although in a custom skin it can be anything

Hi all

Apologies I am very new to see this, but could someone talk me through please or refer me to somewhere on how I would add the "I" info, popup within the match/player bar at the bottom please, seen it on some skins but unsure where it is located/changed?

For personal use only

Thanks in advance

On 12/02/2023 at 21:39, EnigMattic1 said:

That works. Managers are now Head Coaches and the DoF is a GM. Thanks.

Does anyone know if there is a way to actually rename a Manager as Head Coach without having the full language change? There are other words: payroll, vacation etc that I don’t want to change. I assume there’d be a string somewhere…

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to actually rename a Manager as Head Coach without having the full language change? There are other words: payroll, vacation etc that I don’t want to change. I assume there’d be a string somewhere…

This is what I originally wanted. I wonder if making changes in the 'example.ltf' or 'person properties' would make any difference? I know the id for General Manager in example.ltf is 227976

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

10 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

This is what I originally wanted. I wonder if making changes in the 'example.ltf' or 'person properties' would make any difference? I know the id for General Manager in example.ltf is 227976

Should be possible by changing the "hint" in person properties or similar files depending on where the needed info is..

i'm 99% sure i did this a very long time ago, so still 1% unsure it's wasnt just a dream :D

On 14/02/2023 at 20:59, snowofman said:

Should be possible by changing the "hint" in person properties or similar files depending on where the needed info is..

i'm 99% sure i did this a very long time ago, so still 1% unsure it's wasnt just a dream :D

If you were to remove the translation id from the relevant lines in person properties and then input what you wanted, would that not have the same effect? It does get kinda confusing, seeing 'pitch' referred to as 'field' and such.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't, meant to be a negative comment, it's just that I have been used to the English(UK) side of things and, upon changing to English(US) to get terms such as 'Head Coach' and 'General Manager' for my Canadian save, it is a little strange.

4 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

If you were to remove the translation id from the relevant lines in person properties and then input what you wanted, would that not have the same effect? It does get kinda confusing, seeing 'pitch' referred to as 'field' and such.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't, meant to be a negative comment, it's just that I have been used to the English(UK) side of things and, upon changing to English(US) to get terms such as 'Head Coach' and 'General Manager' for my Canadian save, it is a little strange.

Yes it would, mine was just if you wanted to keep the current translation id :)

2023-02-1720_33_03-Window.png.1900dd5387bce45cf153dd3456447e22.png

what is responsible for the appearance of this section?
I determined that the entire field is widget class="pitch_squad_depth" . but it does not define the appearance of the icons in any way

<widget class="pitch_squad_depth" id="pitc" vertical="true" pitch_length_multiplier="1.02" pitch_draw_grass="true" select_event="slic" pitch_line_colour="faded white" pitch_keep_selected_icons="true" pitch_touchline_width_percentage="30" line_width="1">
							<boolean id="pitch_draw_goals" value="false" />
							<boolean id="pitch_draw_markings" value="true" />
							<boolean id="pitch_allow_player_selection" value="false" />
						</widget>

On 11/01/2023 at 10:11, keysi said:

It surely is this file because I was able to remove the animation code for both league table and latest scores but nothing changed when I added width for the main container or panel itself.

Reveal hidden contents
<panel cancel_mouse_hide="true">
	<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_alignment="bottom, extend"/>

<boolean id="save_immediate_state" value="true" />

<container>
		<attachment_group class="vertical_arrange_autosize" vertical_alignment="top, extend"/>

<container>
			<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_autosize" horizontal_layout="-1,-1" />
			<!--competitions drop down-->
			<container id="btns" navigation_container="true">
				<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_autosize_all" horizontal_alignment="left, extend"/>

<widget class="popup_button" id="mlsc" auto_size="all"/>
			</container>

<container navigation_container="true">
				<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange_vertical_autosize" horizontal_alignment="right"/>

<widget class="icon_button" click_event="canc" auto_size="all" controller_button="b_button">
					<translation id="text" translation_id="249644" type="use" value="Close[COMMENT - Button to close tutorial dialog]" />
				</widget>
			</container>
		</container>

<!--league table and updates-->
		<container>
			<attachment class="test_screen_size_attachment" skip_if_false="true">
				<list id="properties">
					<record>
						<flags id="alignment" value="horizontal" />
						<integer id="min_value" value="0" />
						<integer id="max_value" value="1000" />
						<symbol id="set_property" value="height" />
						<integer id="true_value" value="400" />
					</record>
					<record min_value="1000" max_value="1400" true_value="500" />
					<record min_value="1400" max_value="10000" true_value="600" />
				</list>
			</attachment>
			<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_alignment="fill"/>

<!--league table-->
			<container class="inner_subtle_box" id="Leag" default_width="-1" minimum_width="450" priority="1" navigation_container="true">
				<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
				<translation id="title" translation_id="248082" type="use" value="League Table" />

<container id="leag" class="match_league_table_panel">
					<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
				</container>
			</container>

<!--latest scores-->
			<container class="inner_subtle_box" id="Late" default_width="-1" minimum_width="450" priority="1" navigation_container="true">
				<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
				<translation id="title" translation_id="243219" type="use" value="Latest Scores" />

<container id="late" class="match_latest_scores_panel" file="match/match update latest scores">
					<record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
				</container>
			</container>
		</container>
	</container>

</panel>

EDIT:

I decided to edit the match/match update latest scores.xml where is the simple list/table and adjusted the size in comparison with the default file. That means the team names are visible in full, the same as other things so I don't need to adjust the size of the whole panel.

image.thumb.png.56536b0fe2fab9a20e75161092d633dd.png

image.png.49025859dfb147e99a85dd2aa57ba580.png

EDIT 2:

Or like this when I increase the last number from 35 to 60.

image.png.1f0dbcaa4f03da3dbc5e0cc068e4509a.png

Where can I locate the match/match update latest scores.xml as I want to do the same as you @keysi? I have removed Recent Events from the Tato 'Around the Grounds' panel, but the column width remains the same and the minutes is cut off like in your first screenshot.

3 hours ago, the_hoyle said:

Where can I locate the match/match update latest scores.xml as I want to do the same as you @keysi? I have removed Recent Events from the Tato 'Around the Grounds' panel, but the column width remains the same and the minutes is cut off like in your first screenshot.

in the match folder as your own text says.. else you'll have to unpack the panels folder and grab it from there

On 15/02/2023 at 21:18, snowofman said:

Yes it would, mine was just if you wanted to keep the current translation id :)

Well, I removed the translation id for anything that was 'Manager', 'Assistant Manager' or 'DoF' and replaced the job roles in question with 'Head Coach', 'Assistant Coach' and 'GM', but it didn't work

Well, I removed the translation id for anything that was 'Manager', 'Assistant Manager' or 'DoF' and replaced the job roles in question with 'Head Coach', 'Assistant Coach' and 'GM', but it didn't work

did you remember to restart the game as it may not change until  that. it's a properties file

edit: and remember to check if the "<flags id="customisation_context" value="none" />" is set to play

Edited by snowofman

2 hours ago, snowofman said:

did you remember to restart the game as it may not change until  that. it's a properties file

edit: and remember to check if the "<flags id="customisation_context" value="none" />" is set to play

The game wasn't even running when I made the changes. I cleared the cache and reloaded the skin when I booted it up.

I couldn't find "<flags id="customisation_context" value="none" />". Where should that be located?

Edited by EnigMattic1

16 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

The game wasn't even running when I made the changes. I cleared the cache and reloaded the skin when I booted it up.

I couldn't find "<flags id="customisation_context" value="none" />". Where should that be located?

they are in person proeprties in most if not all blocks

some are already play by default

Edited by snowofman

Anyone know how to install logo partially? i still want to use the current default logo and just complete those missing EPL clubs. I did prepared the epl clubs logo image into the folder and edited the xml. It can show the one that i prepared, but the default logos were gone....

And I change "none" to "play"?

yes. there is a chance it will allow the changes you previously have made

i remember it had to be done to allow the Id to be used elsewhere,

i just can't remember if it was already play when i changed the text as you have

Edited by snowofman

42 minutes ago, snowofman said:

yes. there is a chance it will allow the changes you previously have made

i remember it had to be done to allow the Id to be used elsewhere,

i just can't remember if it was already play when i changed the text as you have

Nah, didn't work. It still shows 'Manager' etc.

Is there info somewhere about how the game handles conflicting config.xml files. If there is a situation where I have two different config.xml files that link different files to the same player, does that break the game? If it doesn't, how does the game handle the conflict, which file would be chosen?

Been working on the staff panel this evening...

04384c0644325a008cc1c756f7dc4cf2.png

Got the main part tabbed as I wanted but looking to use the space at the top to display 'cards' for key staff. Does anyone know where I might be able to find any before I have to try and build them myself? It already is very temperamental and I haven't been able to get anything to actually pull through properly...

Edited by _Ben_

6 hours ago, Ukko-Pekka said:

Is there info somewhere about how the game handles conflicting config.xml files. If there is a situation where I have two different config.xml files that link different files to the same player, does that break the game? If it doesn't, how does the game handle the conflict, which file would be chosen?

works in folder name which is sorted alphabetically. if you had folder "A" which had 150 players in a config file, and folder "B" with 1000 players, it'll load folder A first, if there's conflicting players it'll prioritise A.

Em 15/02/2023 em 11:03, snowofman disse:

ui.main_content_margin

<global id="inset" name="ui.main_content_margin"/>

at the bottom of Client_object_browser

Sorry to bring this back up and thanks for shedding light on this issue, I was looking for the same thing.

I followed the instructions and noticed that the "ui.main_content_margin" appears a lot inside the settings.xml with different values. I've been trying to tinker a bit, but I couldn't see a difference, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Could you please tell me what values would be able to adjust both spaces below? I'm trying to make it more compact: in #1 bring it a little more to the left and in #2, compact the spaces in this box, in order to gain a little more space for the squad list/info.

Anyway, many thanks again.

Spoiler

<!-- GLOBAL SETTINGS FROM FM-WIDGETS MOVED HERE OUT OF WAY -->
<!-- global settings -->
    <set_global name="ui.main_box_gap" >
        <integer value="8"/>
    </set_global>
    <set_global name="ui.main_box_gap_vertical" >
        <integer value="6"/>
    </set_global>
    <set_global name="ui.main_box_gap_horizontal" >
        <integer value="8"/>
    </set_global>
    <set_global name="ui.main_contrast_box_gap" >
        <integer value="8"/>
    </set_global>
    <set_global name="ui.inner_box_gap" >
        <integer value="16"/>
    </set_global>
    <set_global name="ui.main_content_margin" >
        <integer value="8"/>
    </set_global>
    <set_global name="ui.button_row_gap" >
        <integer value="0"/>
    </set_global>
    <set_global name="button_row_gap" >
        <integer value="0"/>
    </set_global>

Spoiler

<!-- gap used around main content area -->

<record >
            <flags id="resolution_orientation" value="horizontal" />
            <integer id="resolution_minimum" value="1" />
            <integer id="resolution_maximum" value="1366" />
            <list id="value">
                <record>
                    <string id="name" value="ui.main_content_margin" />
                    <integer id="value" value="10" />
                </record>
            </list>
        </record>
        <record>
            <integer id="resolution_minimum" value="1367" />
            <integer id="resolution_maximum" value="1919" />
            <list id="value">
                <record>
                    <integer id="value" value="16" />
                </record>
            </list>
        </record>
        <record>
            <integer id="resolution_minimum" value="1920" />
            <integer id="resolution_maximum" value="100000" />
            <list id="value">
                <record>
                    <integer id="value" value="21" />
                </record>
            </list>
        </record>
    </list>

image.png.27beba3c9743eddfcf40cae21cd427a4.png

1 hour ago, lugui said:

Sorry to bring this back up and thanks for shedding light on this issue, I was looking for the same thing.

I followed the instructions and noticed that the "ui.main_content_margin" appears a lot inside the settings.xml with different values. I've been trying to tinker a bit, but I couldn't see a difference, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Could you please tell me what values would be able to adjust both spaces below? I'm trying to make it more compact: in #1 bring it a little more to the left and in #2, compact the spaces in this box, in order to gain a little more space for the squad list/info.

Anyway, many thanks again.

Reveal hidden contents

<!-- GLOBAL SETTINGS FROM FM-WIDGETS MOVED HERE OUT OF WAY -->
<!-- global settings -->
    <set_global name="ui.main_box_gap" >
        <integer value="8"/>
    </set_global>
    <set_global name="ui.main_box_gap_vertical" >
        <integer value="6"/>
    </set_global>
    <set_global name="ui.main_box_gap_horizontal" >
        <integer value="8"/>
    </set_global>
    <set_global name="ui.main_contrast_box_gap" >
        <integer value="8"/>
    </set_global>
    <set_global name="ui.inner_box_gap" >
        <integer value="16"/>
    </set_global>
    <set_global name="ui.main_content_margin" >
        <integer value="8"/>
    </set_global>
    <set_global name="ui.button_row_gap" >
        <integer value="0"/>
    </set_global>
    <set_global name="button_row_gap" >
        <integer value="0"/>
    </set_global>

Reveal hidden contents

<!-- gap used around main content area -->

<record >
            <integer id="resolution_minimum" value="1" />
            <integer id="resolution_maximum" value="1366" />
            <list id="value">
                <record>
                    <integer id="value" value="10" />
                </record>
            </list>
        </record>
        <record>
            <integer id="resolution_minimum" value="1367" />
            <integer id="resolution_maximum" value="1919" />
            <list id="value">
                <record>
                    <integer id="value" value="16" />
                </record>
            </list>
        </record>
        <record>
            <integer id="resolution_minimum" value="1920" />
            <integer id="resolution_maximum" value="100000" />
            <list id="value">
                <record>
                    <integer id="value" value="21" />
                </record>
            </list>
        </record>
    </list>

image.png.27beba3c9743eddfcf40cae21cd427a4.png

I did not bother with the selection of digital values, but simply deleted the line in the client_object.
at the same time, there may be some nuances with some panels of some classes that are on the edge, but this can be corrected quite simply by slight changes in the panels themselves

25 minutos atrás, Olas Nick disse:

I did not bother with the selection of digital values, but simply deleted the line in the client_object.
at the same time, there may be some nuances with some panels of some classes that are on the edge, but this can be corrected quite simply by slight changes in the panels themselves

Thanks for the reply. Indeed, by following your tip and deleting the line, it was possible to make the adjustments that I mentioned previously, but at the same time, it impacted the layout of information on screens other than Team Squad.

Anyway, I'm considering what to do, if I keep the screen the way I'd like it and adjust the ones that are impacted - which would be a bigger job, both to edit and to find out what each panel is.

Thank you very much.

On 18/02/2023 at 22:11, snowofman said:

in the match folder as your own text says.. else you'll have to unpack the panels folder and grab it from there

Thanks @snowofman- I have FM23 through the xbox game pass so unable to extract the game files as there is no resource archiver.

47 minutes ago, lugui said:

Thanks for the reply. Indeed, by following your tip and deleting the line, it was possible to make the adjustments that I mentioned previously, but at the same time, it impacted the layout of information on screens other than Team Squad.

Anyway, I'm considering what to do, if I keep the screen the way I'd like it and adjust the ones that are impacted - which would be a bigger job, both to edit and to find out what each panel is.

Thank you very much.

I havnt looked into which does what, i did simply as Olas also did in the end and then just adjusted what needed to be

If you look at the codes you have attached you can see that the lines are leading to the same, just at different sizes. so it just adjusts the margin accordingly to the resolution or zoom used by the user

by removing the line you simply removes the option for a space around the main body 

i would "think" that by changing those values, you can change the space to what you like, but it might not be as simple as that as alot more could be affected many other palces then what a simple removing the 1 line from the mail body...

i hope it makes sense, it might just be me spacing out :D

Edited by snowofman

Anyone able to point me in the right direction for how I would go about adding 'Heat Map' and 'Passing Network' tabs to the in-game tablet? Have tried fiddling around with some things but I have absolutely zero skinning knowledge and no idea what I'm doing. :)

1 hora atrás, snowofman disse:

I havnt looked into which does what, i did simply as Olas also did in the end and then just adjusted what needed to be

If you look at the codes you have attached you can see that the lines are leading to the same, just at different sizes. so it just adjusts the margin accordingly to the resolution or zoom used by the user

by removing the line you simply removes the option for a space around the main body 

i would "think" that by changing those values, you can change the space to what you like, but it might not be as simple as that as alot more could be affected many other palces then what a simple removing the 1 line from the mail body...

i hope it makes sense, it might just be me spacing out :D

Thank you again. I understand what you suggested, it makes sense. However, I still haven't been able to achieve a significant difference by just messing with the various values. The only thing that was actually effective was the suggestion given by @Olas Nick, to remove that line, that did have some visible effect, but messed up other screens.

I'll keep trying to find a middle ground, I'll share if I get something.

13 minutes ago, lugui said:

Thank you again. I understand what you suggested, it makes sense. However, I still haven't been able to achieve a significant difference by just messing with the various values. The only thing that was actually effective was the suggestion given by @Olas Nick, to remove that line, that did have some visible effect, but messed up other screens.

I'll keep trying to find a middle ground, I'll share if I get something.

yeah as said, i removed the line long ago, so i havnt tried changing the values :)

Can I just draw_horizontal_dividers?

I mean if I need empty space, just write <container height="10"/>

I want to draw horizontal line between emblems and cup logo for example:

image.png.999eb421dda1be03d3c27e13dd190100.png

Found the answer - <widget class="horizontal_subtle_divider"/>

But if you can explain me more tags, it will be greatful :) 

Edited by Novem9