Clicking on a team stopping the game

I haven't put this in the bug tracker because I'm not sure that it's the games fault but I thought I'd see in here if anyone has similar. The game was working fine with some background and logo packs and 1 other skin going on in the background. I downloaded some different backgrounds, logos and skins along with the level 8 database from here. I then had the game just stop on me and display an error message (didn't screenshot it unfortunately so don't know what it said). Now I can't click on a club to go into their info from anywhere else but the league table for that club. For example if a club name comes up in my inbox and I click on them, then the game stops for about 5 minutes before going to the next page.

I've had this laptop for a few years now and played FM on it absolutely fine up until this. Deleting and re-installing everything including the game is next up on the list to try, but just thought I'd see if anyone has experienced anything similar. Thanks

15 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

I haven't put this in the bug tracker because I'm not sure that it's the games fault but I thought I'd see in here if anyone has similar. The game was working fine with some background and logo packs and 1 other skin going on in the background. I downloaded some different backgrounds, logos and skins along with the level 8 database from here. I then had the game just stop on me and display an error message (didn't screenshot it unfortunately so don't know what it said). Now I can't click on a club to go into their info from anywhere else but the league table for that club. For example if a club name comes up in my inbox and I click on them, then the game stops for about 5 minutes before going to the next page.

I've had this laptop for a few years now and played FM on it absolutely fine up until this. Deleting and re-installing everything including the game is next up on the list to try, but just thought I'd see if anyone has experienced anything similar. Thanks

Can you try this without any extra files and in the basic skin? If it still happens, please try to verify the game. See if that fixes things.

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-us/articles/9997753543185

Otherwise, try to clear your cache and preferences:

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-us/articles/9997644231185

Thanks for the advice, much appreicated. I cleared the cache and preferences as suggested.

It seems it could be a skin issue though. The game works fine on the basic skin now but the other 2 I have downloaded I have the same issue on both. The only other thing in my head is maybe it's to do with the stadium backgrounds that come in once you click on a club. Anyway, I can play the game again perfect again now so I'll just leave it as for now :)

Just now, potbellypigs said:

Thanks for the advice, much appreicated. I cleared the cache and preferences as suggested.

It seems it could be a skin issue though. The game works fine on the basic skin now but the other 2 I have downloaded I have the same issue on both. The only other thing in my head is maybe it's to do with the stadium backgrounds that come in once you click on a club. Anyway, I can play the game again perfect again now so I'll just leave it as for now :)

You could try to report it back to the skin creators, perhaps they can help out, or fix things. Glad you got things running again! :)