Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

I actually figured it out!

Southgate didn't want to qualify tonight because then he'd have to play Foden and Trent, who'd destroy Wales and then he'd face pressure to play them in the knockouts.

A true mastermind.

He's trying to avoid having to put any one of them on the pitch, nevermind both. :D

Worst display so far from any team considering the amount of talent that did make it onto the pitch.

4 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Truly appalling. 

Damaged the rest of the campaign for us and whoever we face. 

Has it?

I mean it's stopped Southgate from giving minutes to players who need fitness, like Walker, and who might be useful later in the competition. But otherwise England are in pole position to qualify 1st, which actually looks a better half at the moment because Spain, Brazil, Argentina, and possibly Croatia are going to be in the other half the way things are

I say Argentina, I recognise they're in a bit of bother but I expect them to finish 1st

Edited by Astafjevs

Now seriously, one thing I can't figure out is Rice and playing it out of the back.

Even at really low levels of professional football, if you want to play it out of the back, one midfielder drops between the CBs, sometimes even in 3 CB formations and offers another option.

Whenever England CBs or Pickford had the ball, Rice would actively hide behind the US striker who is not even pressing, but just standing on the pass line and they always had to go wide to FBs or Pickford just hoofed it.

Everything else aside, this is just the most basic thing for low level of football and watching a top team be so clueless against not even pressing is actually horrifying.

Southgate is honestly so bad that if you gave him any mid-table EPL team he'd get them relegated over a season, guaranteed.

1 minute ago, m_fenton said:

Love the melodrama here :D Well on course to qualify from the group, a crap 0-0 in the groups (which certainly was crap) is hardly the end of the world.

The complete abject 2/10 performance is a worry.

Southgate yet again showing he doesn't have a plan B. We don't even have a striker half the time while Kane is gallivanting around the pitch.

1 minute ago, m_fenton said:

Love the melodrama here :D Well on course to qualify from the group, a crap 0-0 in the groups (which certainly was crap) is hardly the end of the world.

One of the best things about coming home is how the average England fan is going to be really annoyed by it :D 

2 minutes ago, m_fenton said:

0-0 flatters England. Talent vs output, that's about as bad as it gets. 

2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Now seriously, one thing I can't figure out is Rice and playing it out of the back.

Even at really low levels of professional football, if you want to play it out of the back, one midfielder drops between the CBs, sometimes even in 3 CB formations and offers another option.

Whenever England CBs or Pickford had the ball, Rice would actively hide behind the US striker who is not even pressing, but just standing on the pass line and they always had to go wide to FBs or Pickford just hoofed it.

Everything else aside, this is just the most basic thing for low level of football and watching a top team be so clueless against not even pressing is actually horrifying.

Southgate is honestly so bad that if you gave him any mid-table EPL team he'd get them relegated over a season, guaranteed.

He already did that with Middlesbrough, relegated them not long after they reached the UEFA Cup Final under McClaren.

Edited by Heartwork

Can't believe I stayed up until 4 am to watch Maguire and Stones pass the ball to each other like 10000 times. Can Southgate be sacked mid-tournament?

Also, why tf did Foden stay on the bench? And why did Mount not get subbed off? Southgate is absolutely brain-dead.

1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

He already did that with Middlesbrough, relegated them the season after they reached the UEFA Cup Final under McClaren.

Eh? Southgate was at Boro for 3 years, they went down in 2009 and made the UEFA final in 2006., stop making things up.

1 minute ago, XuluBak said:

0-0 flatters England. Talent vs output, that's about as bad as it gets. 

In what way does it flatter England? Both sides had some OK opportunities, neither had any where someone "must" score. 0-0 was what both sides deserved.