Match 23: France vs Denmark - ITV - 4PM GMT KO

craigcwwe

Stadium 974 for this one, the one with the containers. 

Denmark have beaten France twice this year, both times in the Nations League. 

France beat Australia 4-1 in their opening game whereas Denmark played out a rather dour 0-0 with Tunisia to start their campaign. 

Four changes for the Danes here and Thomas Delaney, who went off injured in the first game is ruled out of the remainder of the tournament.

Edited by craigcwwe

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interested to see if Denmark try and take on France or just try to contain them. They have a good record against France I think but after The Netherlands won their Nations League group I am less sure how useful that is as a gauge of ability. Think both teams will take a point really but France might conjure something out of nothing.

9 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

Interested to see if Denmark try and take on France or just try to contain them. They have a good record against France I think but after The Netherlands won their Nations League group I am less sure how useful that is as a gauge of ability. Think both teams will take a point really but France might conjure something out of nothing.

Yeah, last time they played Denmark easily won while having a go at them, high press.

But they've looked unconvincing against Tunisia, so I can't see France losing.

At least therir manager isn't afraid to make changes, pretty much half the team.

Also, finally feels like we're getting into it. Two good games coming up tonight, with all 4 matches tomorrow being really important and fairly interesting.

24 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Denmark are in a similar position to the US. Highly unlikely Tunisia beat France in the final game, so Denmark are relatively sure of having a playoff for 2nd place vs. Australia even if they lose this afternoon 

Yeah, Denmark have almost got a free pass here.

May as well have a good go... if they can beat France then they will only need a draw against Australia instead of having to win.  But the difference between a draw and a loss for them here probably isn't too significant... they can go on and beat Australia and qualify either way.

C'mooooonnnnnn the Danes. Always loved Denmark since we got stuck in Copenhagen for an extra 5 days when the Icelandic volcano vomited over Europe in 2010. Such a likeable set of players and, y'know, the Eriksen ting innit mush 👉👉👉

Just now, The_jagster said:

I don't really have a problem with such cynical fouls getting reds, Christensen knew Mbappe was beating all three of them to the ball.

Of course, but I think that's a door best left closed. Refs already have too much impact on matches. Don't want them trying to interpret things like.