Serbia vs Switzerland & Cameroon vs Brazil - 7pm GMT

Darius1998

1 minute ago, pearcey_90 said:

:thup:

I don’t know why you cared so much on the BBC games considering it was just a push of a button upwards. Both channels are easily accessible. Almost like the people who moan during Wimbledon that theres sport on BBC1 and Bargain Hunt is on a different channel. It doesn’t make a difference! 

Can understand for those people who have to watch on say Freeview for ITV4 why it’s annoying. But it’s pretty obvious why Brazil are on ITV1. It’s not about which is the better game. It’s which game is going to get ITV the most viewers and please their advertisers. And to the casual fan Brazil is the bigger draw.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Sort of a running joke that I’ve been saying that despite being one of the best box to box midfielders of all time in FM I’ve never seen him have a big game and don’t get why he deserves that reputation.

I think if I actually saw him live he’d be so poor his leg would fall off or something.

Gotcha. I think he got a bit overrated a few years ago, and IDK how he's played for Serbia, but generally pretty good for Lazio. 

(Few players seem as good IRL as in FM)

Edited by XuluBak

2 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Embolo makes it FOUR goals before half-time!

I love how mad some of the later group games have got! :lol:

Such a shame that groups were so uneven, you can argue that third placed teams from today and yesterday have shown more than runners-up from first four groups.

Also, for all the negatives of WC in Qatar, having it early in the season is way better than after the season when most players are spent, especially on top teams.

Edited by GunmaN1905

4 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Such a shame that groups were so uneven, you can argue that third placed teams from today and yesterday have shown more than runners-up from first four groups.

It’s the nature of tournament football, you need that luck of the draw, but it’s a shame that we’ve said goodbye to some of the teams we have when Poland make it through for that display of utter cowardice the other night.

1 minute ago, Peter G said:

Imagine looking at this and thinking that 3 team groups are the answer

The only question 3 team groups is the answer to is “How do we completely destroy the best competition in the world?”

10 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

They've shown more going forward. Not so much defensively. 

14 minutes ago, Tony85 said:

I don’t know why you cared so much on the BBC games considering it was just a push of a button upwards. Both channels are easily accessible. Almost like the people who moan during Wimbledon that theres sport on BBC1 and Bargain Hunt is on a different channel. It doesn’t make a difference! 

Can understand for those people who have to watch on say Freeview for ITV4 why it’s annoying. But it’s pretty obvious why Brazil are on ITV1. It’s not about which is the better game. It’s which game is going to get ITV the most viewers and please their advertisers. And to the casual fan Brazil is the bigger draw.

For the casual person who’s not that invested in football, catching some of the Serbia/Swiss game would be more entertaining than Brazil game, especially when on ITV1 or ITV4. 

Also, BBC is annoyingly not a click of a button up. They’re still stuck in the dark ages where it’s 115 on sky.

Just now, CFuller said:

Freuler scores. 3-2 Swiss.

I don't think Forest will be signing any Serbian defenders to play with him. :p

Both teams have already scored more goals against each other than Brazil scored against either of them. :D