SF1: Argentina vs Croatia, 7PM GMT, Lusail Iconic Stadium

Darius1998

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, craigcwwe said:

Gvardiol has just been mugged off properly by Messi. 

No shame in that like but still. 

A learning experience, as they say.

I'm kind of annoyed now we didn't see the Superclasico, just because Dalić is completely inept and fielded the same team against two completely different styles.

Orsato starting to hand out yellows now, while not doing it for way worse tackles. :lol:

Just now, kpain16 said:

Do you watch the game? Just interested

He's the definition of a teenager posting bad memes on this forum.

Edited by GunmaN1905

Just now, JD nawrat said:

There's no chance he retires mid-season. 

Considering PSG is playing Bayern in CL, might go out as a winner rather than another battering. :lol:

Idk, to me this Argentina defense still looks questionable and a team with actual attacking threats can tear it apart, it will be interesting to see how Scaloni sets up against France on Sunday, might go back to 3 CBs.

1 minute ago, Mr Adam said:

Messi needs to win the World Cup and then retire on the spot. Will cement his legacy as the true GOAT forever before his decline hastens.

I think he might retire from Argentina if he wins it, next Copa America isn't until summer of 2024

no chance he leaves the job at PSG though :D

Yes, no shame in being mugged by Messi but he's going up and down the pitch and covering most of our defense. Messi being Messi and running half of that, would destroy any defender in the world in the same circumstances.

1 hour ago, Smallen said:

If Messi can drag Gvardiol out like he just did there, then there’s loads of space in behind for De Paul. Gvardiol is mega but he seems very aggressive on my limited viewing of him.

I did call it to be fair :cool:. Very aggressive and wants to get tight which is fine against 99.99% of attackers, but it’s exactly what Messi will have wanted him to do.

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

I did call it to be fair :cool:. Very aggressive and wants to get tight which is fine against 99.99% of attackers, but it’s exactly what Messi will have wanted him to do.

Tbf, you can't exactly drop off Messi either. If he's on, and getting your defenders isolated 1v1, you're probably in trouble regardless. 

16 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

We talked about how Southgate wouldn't be good enough to be an EPL manager in club football.

Dalić wouldn't be good enough for Croatian league. His biggest strength was exactly the same, making friends with best players and uniting the team.

I wrote about it the other day, we were extremely unlucky in almost every single tournament since '96 up until he took over, whether it be injuries, refereeing or just ridiculous match scenarios.

Then he joined and you witnessed what happened over the past 4 years, despite our level of playing not being close to 2016 where we legit looked like a top3 team in the tournament and actually attacked everyone.

Now he'll leave, Modrić will retire, we will go back to group eliminations or Ro16 and casual part of the nation will remember him as a mastermind. :D

Life is so unfair.

He got you a World Cup final and a semifinal, and you still don't like him :D 

Is there actually any managers, that you rate? :D 

Just now, XuluBak said:

Tbf, you can't exactly drop off Messi either. If he's on, and getting your defenders isolated 1v1, you're probably in trouble regardless. 

very true! But I think given the choice he’d definitely prefer you to be tight so he can do exactly what he did for the third goal.