FM23 England Level 10 Challenge

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 41 Minuten schrieb fcunitedfan:

I was considering Tower Hamlets, but seeing as someone else has chosen them I won't. I kind of like the sound of Montpelier Villa. Sounds like a good team to win the Champions League with lol.

image.png.25975d9f6a386c8e715a4d3aa5e3c240.png 

4 minutes ago, fcunitedfan said:

Well, this chairman sucks... All I want to do is go on a coaching course, but he won't let me as it could lead to a bigger club coming in for my services... :idiot:

It's fair enough. When you start a journeyman save with no qualifications, it's your best chance of getting job offers.

1 minute ago, phnompenhandy said:

It's fair enough. When you start a journeyman save with no qualifications, it's your best chance of getting job offers.

I didn't get this at the start of my Dafuge's challenge save in Vanarama North. The board were happy to let me study for all the qualifications I wanted.

1 minute ago, fcunitedfan said:

Some of the players I've been able to sign on amateur contracts are amazing for this level. I've just signed Jayden Smith, a Vanarama North/South quality striker!

He was my top striker! (Kinsly Murray I stole from FC Bristol at the end of the season)

13 minutes ago, fcunitedfan said:

Some of the players I've been able to sign on amateur contracts are amazing for this level. I've just signed Jayden Smith, a Vanarama North/South quality striker!

Yes unfortunatly i dont think there is anything i can do or set to prevent this from happening.

If anyone has any suggestions i am open to them.

I could set the clubs at Level 10 with very low reputation but i dont know if that would help or not.

1 minute ago, lionel messi said:

Yes unfortunatly i dont think there is anything i can do or set to prevent this from happening.

If anyone has any suggestions i am open to them.

I could set the clubs at Level 10 with very low reputation but i dont know if that would help or not.

I'm not complaining lol. 

I am considering making a few alterations to make the challenge a bit more of a challenge in the lower leagues.

I am considering making teams at Level 10 Semi-Pro. (They will have to offer non-contracts to players, they will only be able to offer £50pw maximum as this is already set)

I am thinking of lowering the club reputations of the Level 10 clubs to make it a little harder to attract players and may not be able to get national league/national league n/s standard players at the start of the game like we can at the moment.

If you do manage to storm through Level 10 it might be harder at Level 9 due to your low club reputation.

At Level 8 you will be able to offer Part-Time contract to star player, the rest will be non-contract.

At Level 7 you will be able to offer Part-Time contracts to star players & Regular starters, the rest will be non-contract.

At Level 6 you will be able to offer Part-Time contracts to all players.

Let me know what you think about these proposals?

They will need to be tested to see if it works good.

21 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I am considering making a few alterations to make the challenge a bit more of a challenge in the lower leagues.

I am considering making teams at Level 10 Semi-Pro. (They will have to offer non-contracts to players, they will only be able to offer £50pw maximum as this is already set)

I am thinking of lowering the club reputations of the Level 10 clubs to make it a little harder to attract players and may not be able to get national league/national league n/s standard players at the start of the game like we can at the moment.

If you do manage to storm through Level 10 it might be harder at Level 9 due to your low club reputation.

At Level 8 you will be able to offer Part-Time contract to star player, the rest will be non-contract.

At Level 7 you will be able to offer Part-Time contracts to star players & Regular starters, the rest will be non-contract.

I just finished a one-season save with 4 lower league dbs (Scotland, Wales, N. Ire and Rep Ire). I chose to manage a club in a league with the lowest reputation of the lot, which was level 7 in Wales - all amateur clubs with super-low reps. The same issue happened in my save. So I don't think just lowering the reputations will solve this problem.

I even tried to make it more realistic by having a total of 4 amateur staff members - the manager, assman, one coach and a physio. NO recruitment department. The game (via the chairman and assman) still threw stupidly good available players at me each week. Most joined higher ranking clubs, but I could still regularly recruit hyper-upgrades to cause me to dominate my league.

I'm not sure the non-contract fix will be a solution as you can release an inferior player to bring in a better one on the same salary. Someone might do a season trial save with another db that has L10 clubs as part-timers to see if they have the same issues or not.

People new to your database or extremely lower league management generally might love all the winning though. Not everyone wants to make it harder. For those that do, like myself, you can make up your own self-imposed rules. I use a hide-attributes skin and run an academy intake-only campaign, with me starting off with no coaching badges and minimal playing experience.

Season Division Place P W D L F A G.D. PTS Average Attendance
22/23 North West Counties League Division 1 South  1st 38 31 4 3 134 42 92 97 210

1885214039_EccleshallvWythenshaweAmateurs_Presentation.thumb.png.846be56bd8ddc5233a3822d4188bf8f4.png

1933011483_NorthWestCountiesLeagueDivision1South_Stages.thumb.png.c616ab4ad079f4910f0c4022ce674320.png

I got knocked out of the North West Counties League Cup in the 1st Round on Penalties by Winsford Utd and I reached the 4th round of the FA Vase before again being knocked out on penalties, this time by Avro.

The board asked if I wanted to turn Semi-Pro which I agreed. May help keep some of my players longer as less likely to be stolen away. Also the league is making us add 200 seats to the stadium costing $28k (pounds but can't be bothered finding the pound symbol). The bank gave us a 5 year loan for the upgrade.

Points for winning the league - 15pts - Total so far - 15pts

vor 7 Stunden schrieb lionel messi:

Very good idea. Had the same idea yesterday.

9 hours ago, lionel messi said:

How low are you planning on going with the club reputations? Just had a quick look, and the lowest rep teams at level 10 are 200. So, did a little test. I took charge at Abingdon United, a random 200 rep team who are predicted to finish bottom in the Hellenic League Division 1. Grabbed a few key staff so I could find some players to sign, and was quickly recommended players who are far too good for a level 10 club. So, even at 200 rep, clubs can sign players they realistically shouldn't be able to.

22 minutes ago, emik said:

A manager from Poland comes to England to bring glory to Holland

image.thumb.png.f702f599fdc1813a6c8944f2365501ab.png

image.thumb.png.d956f89ef67b919f0ee825df074fe751.png

Good luck. I did consider Holland, before taking charge at Montpelier Villa. I don't know why, but the idea of taking control of a club with a name which doesn't sound like it's an English team interests me lol. I also considered FC Deportivo Galicia, Washington, and AEK Boco.

You guys are tearing through the first season. I still haven't got to Christmas 2022 yet!

As for recruitment, I think it's a mixed bag - yes, there are lots of good players but while most will accept a trial, as soon as I try to sign them they get 5-10 offers from clubs in higher divisions. Usually/almost always, they accept one of those offers and refuse mine. Better reputation is often given as the reason.

33 minutes ago, warlock said:

You guys are tearing through the first season. I still haven't got to Christmas 2022 yet!

As for recruitment, I think it's a mixed bag - yes, there are lots of good players but while most will accept a trial, as soon as I try to sign them they get 5-10 offers from clubs in higher divisions. Usually/almost always, they accept one of those offers and refuse mine. Better reputation is often given as the reason.

I had that problem, but have gotten lucky on a few occasions already and signed some fantastic players. As I was offering amateur contracts with no wages, I was attempting to sign as many players as I could find and taking what I could get. I'm currently in October 2022. and have managed to sign 2 Vanarama North/South quality players and 1 Vanarama National quality player. The rest are 2.5-3.5 star rated. 

24 minutes ago, fcunitedfan said:

I had that problem, but have gotten lucky on a few occasions already and signed some fantastic players. As I was offering amateur contracts with no wages, I was attempting to sign as many players as I could find and taking what I could get. I'm currently in October 2022. and have managed to sign 2 Vanarama North/South quality players and 1 Vanarama National quality player. The rest are 2.5-3.5 star rated. 

Yes, 98% of the players you approach will reject you - it's tedious trolling through them all, but you still get enough coming to dominate your rivals. One consequence of spending all season trying to recruit every A+ prospect you're shown is that your squad never achieve coherence (never out of the red). I also had to promise a few we'd upgrade the training facilities - which ain't happening, so they'd not stay for the next season.

1 minute ago, phnompenhandy said:

Yes, 98% of the players you approach will reject you - it's tedious trolling through them all, but you still get enough coming to dominate your rivals. One consequence of spending all season trying to recruit every A+ prospect you're shown is that your squad never achieve coherence (never out of the red). I also had to promise a few we'd upgrade the training facilities - which ain't happening, so they'd not stay for the next season.

Yeah, my team cohesion is stuck in the red as well. Doesn't seem to be effecting results though, as we're top of the table and unbeaten in 9 matches. I've also had to make that training facilities promise to a few players, as it's locked when attempting to sign them.

13 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Northern Premier League Premier Division - 35 Points.

Northern Premier League Challenge Cup - 35 Points.

Capture.thumb.JPG.466cc094f6165b87dcc5f5aa8870102f.JPG

Is the player signing becoming more difficult as you rise through the leagues, or are you still easily able to sign players who are realistically too good for the league you're in?

1 hour ago, fcunitedfan said:

Is the player signing becoming more difficult as you rise through the leagues, or are you still easily able to sign players who are realistically too good for the league you're in?

I have not played today yet as im updating the file.

It has been quite easy so far.

But i think national league north (the division i am now in will be a bit more difficult) i have had 2 players turn me down as they want me to get promoted to vanarama national first before even agreeing to speak to me.

1 minute ago, lionel messi said:

I have not played today yet as im updating the file.

It has been quite easy so far.

But i think national league north (the division i am now in will be a bit more difficult) i have had 2 players turn me down as they want me to get promoted to vanarama national first before even agreeing to speak to me.

Level 6 (Vanarama N/S) is the great dividing line. Below that, SI hasn't made or tested the game to cater for fan-made leagues, so there are weaknesses that can't be 100% resolved though the editor.