Jekyll and Hyde

This is so predictable, and happens with all clubs and formations: we score a ton of goals in the first half (4 nil, 5 nil, 6 nil), and then it all stops in the second half (usually suffering 1 or 2 goals). Complacency? Tiredness? I sub with younger eager players, and demand more, to no avail.

How to avoid Jekyll and Hyde performances? Thanks.

This happens to me. It aways happens when I am a few points in front at the top of the Premier.

3 or 4 up at half time, then I'm lucky to scrape through with a draw, all my important player ratings go down to 6, when I sub them other players go down to 6.

Then after a few games I am a few points behind in the league and everything returns to normal.

I know people keep saying nothing is scripted, and I believe them, it does make me wonder sometimes.

SI's AI gone mad perhaps? 

18 hours ago, FrazT said:

I have often found that praising the team at halftime will cause complacency, so I will mostly use the "don't get complacent " team talk then.

I do this a lot. It works in close matches at home, but never on a mid-match landslide...  :(

22 hours ago, phd_angel said:

This is so predictable, and happens with all clubs and formations: we score a ton of goals in the first half (4 nil, 5 nil, 6 nil), and then it all stops in the second half (usually suffering 1 or 2 goals). Complacency? Tiredness? I sub with younger eager players, and demand more, to no avail.

How to avoid Jekyll and Hyde performances? Thanks.

Complacency. I don't know if teams being thumped tighten up even more to try limit the damage?

On 26/05/2023 at 23:19, starbugg said:

Worth a try FrazT, thanks.

I always tell them how fantastic they are, which usually pleases them lol

Remember, green is not always a positive! It just means they are more happy. Some times you want them angry, or calm them down, just to get their feet back on the ground and don't expect the game to be won already.

I've found that when my team is on a winning streak and we barely beat a team we are projected to beat a lot. I tell them it's not good enough. Sure, some might be angry, but at least they will focus for the next game. The mentality of the players does not just come from the match day, it starts well before.