The welsh league

Been playing youth challenges there a bit. Often quite easy to become a good domestic team, but toppling TNS can be a challenge. The real challenge is making much progress in Europe, so if you are looking to win the CL, you need to be prepared for a lot of seasons!

I found the scouting to be very challenging.

I took Holyhead Hotspur to the Premier Division and had hardly any money for scounting, as you can expect it was an awful season and got relegated. 

Caernarfon Town took pitty on me and hired me keeping me managing in the Premier Division but again, ran out of scouting money by November, but I am atleast now trying to challenge TNS for top spot. It seem like a very financially poor league to manage in, hoping it might change with some Euro Qualification.

Saying that, it has been a nice change to manage in Wales.

I had a really enjoyable game a few years back on FM14 where I managed to make Connah's Quay into a top two team over 6 years. This was before they won it in real life, but I just couldn't topple TNS. 

I've not really got much helpful advice as it's been so long, but I did enjoy it so it's worth a try. 

I plan to go back at some point, but my games since then have been a long one club save in Portugal and my current game is a journeyman one so it's been hard to find the time to go back. 

• 2 months later...

Currently managing abertillery bluebirds got promoted first season to Welsh premier and currently sit 4th just outside European places after 14 games, I don't tend to scout players, at end of every season I offer trials to all released players from premier League teams under the age of 20 and then lety coaches say which ones are worth signing. I do this for every league down to league 1.

20 hours ago, JimmysTheBestCop said:

If you are doing a build a nation save. I suggest researching as those saves really need a bunch of editor stuff or after 20-30 years the in game universe falls very flat. 

Oh how so?

I was thinking of doing exactly this.