The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, stevedaytona said:

I agree - beta version probably completed last week and SI just need approvals from licensees before they can release.  But also think SI have a timed plan for release - releasing too early stops speculation about it and if they have youtubers making videos (as last year) that all needs to be correctly timed to get maximum sales benefit.

One thing is for sure - they need to stop those YouTube sponsored videos and live streams for good. Imo of course. 

7 minutes ago, Espeo said:

one of the mods did say "there's a reason it's not being released today" - maybe that was cuz it's at midnight

Yep.  It's because Greggs got Miles' order wrong and gave him Chicken Bakes instead of Steak Bakes.  And I too would be salty as hell if I got back and found they'd given me those abominations rather than the good stuff.

1 minute ago, jim owen said:

so tomorrow for youtube wannabe influencer videos and then wednesday (if 24 hour window), or Thursday (if 48 hour guaranteed window) for actual release?

Sounds plausible, unfortunately. I’m still hopeful for tomorrow though! Sometimes things don’t have to make sense? 

2 minutes ago, jim owen said:

so tomorrow for youtube wannabe influencer videos and then wednesday (if 24 hour window), or Thursday (if 48 hour guaranteed window) for actual release?

TBH as much as I loved the clear feature reveal list this year I have felt there has been no video content to dig into 

Hopefully the YouTube CC will fill that appetite to calm some people down 

1 minute ago, 3maldini3 said:

I jut did. Or at least scrolled through dozens of jersey number images and gifs.

Bottom line is not beta yet?

Oh. Yeah. That’s why the threads still open. They close when the betas dropped

It’s coming. In 2004 I broke a couple of toes on release day of FM, and stayed home from uni as couldn’t properly use clutch pedal. Didn’t move for days playing FM!

Today I fractured the same toes. While I can’t guarantee full release, it’s a sign something is coming. 

16 minutes ago, Phil930 said:

It’s coming. In 2004 I broke a couple of toes on release day of FM, and stayed home from uni as couldn’t properly use clutch pedal. Didn’t move for days playing FM!

Today I fractured the same toes. While I can’t guarantee full release, it’s a sign something is coming. 

Speedy recovery! Hope the beta is imminent now 

40 minutes ago, Phil930 said:

thank you for your sacrifice!

4 hours ago, jim owen said:

Why give them any window when they usually make absolutely awful videos that don't hype the game at all and last year made one that bashed it (I didn't watch it), I gave up watching them a few years ago in fact.

If we are getting a shorter beta period than last year for YouTubers...then eugh.

1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Why give them any window when they usually make absolutely awful videos that don't hype the game at all and last year made one that bashed it (I didn't watch it), I gave up watching them a few years ago in fact.

If we are getting a shorter beta period than last year for YouTubers...then eugh.

I also think the age of the players who play FM are not interested in YouTube. That seems to be the younger generation who are still playing FIFA etc 

2 minutes ago, trevjim said:

I also think the age of the players who play FM are not interested in YouTube. That seems to be the younger generation who are still playing FIFA etc 

Exactly. Also if FM ever goes down the ultimate team route it will be the one thing that makes me stop buying it. Out of The Park baseball did it and of course the core single player game has suffered much like it has in FIFA.