The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year, the first videos was announced in the afternoon while the beta was released about 24 hours later, as far as I remember. This year the alpha videos are released in the morning meaning that the beta will come this evening or at latest tomorrow morning.

At least, that's my theory...

1 minute ago, Wolf_pd said:

If only everyone lived by it we hadn't had 16 reports on this thread and hidden more than 100 posts....

1% of the posts have been deleted that's terrible! 

16 reports out of 165k views on the thread as well!? 

🎻

I went to check on the content creators I view, Spiffing Brit and Josh Strife Hayes. Neither of them have an FM video up. I don't suppose there's much chance of Forged in Fire knocking out a video on it.

1 minute ago, nunch98 said:

1% of the posts have been deleted that's terrible! 

16 reports out of 165k views on the thread as well!? 

🎻

You mean, a lighthearted thread about a beta should have more reports than a thread about the Israel-Gaza conflict?

5 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Just to be clear this wasn't a critisism of SI or the creators just an observations about when it looks likely for the beta to drop as usually these are given about a days exclusivity before the beta drops

Own your criticisms, here's mine, that chap needs to put his teeth away, Im after the beta not fake smiles. 

1 minute ago, santy001 said:

I went to check on the content creators I view, Spiffing Brit and Josh Strife Hayes. Neither of them have an FM video up. I don't suppose there's much chance of Forged in Fire knocking out a video on it.

Excellent creators, Spiff and Josh, but I don't think I've seen much FM content there... Would be happy to see it though!

4 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

You mean, a lighthearted thread about a beta should have more reports than a thread about the Israel-Gaza conflict?

Do you expect more 'crime' in a city of 100,000 or a 1,000,000?

Also subject matter, I-G will have a more mature audience than a thread where we are literally talking about a game.

Edited by nunch98

5 minutes ago, fhofte said:

Which FM game did you think was the best so far?

FM 07 and 08 I think were the best ever. FM 12 was decent too.

Sadly for me personally, I feel the game has moved away from focusing its core fundamentals and added too much fluff and tedious stuff.

Things like social media, player and press interaction's sounded cool but in reality they became such a chore and repetitive.

I absolutely loved it when they introduced FM classic/touch as that did away with a lot of the bloat but sadly they seem to have abandoned them again for PC.

This year however, it's nice to see that Squad building AI has finally been improved.

I don't care for graphics as play mostly 2D and the first thing I do is send my Ass man to do all the interactions.

I am hoping that this new era is a focus on the fundamentals again and moving away from the social side of it.

For me the RPG/social side came from the stories we created, not from interactions which were at time so nonsensical, they actually broke immersion in and detracted from the point they were meant to add to.

Edited by trevjim

I get that the beta is out when its out, but why do we have to wait a day (probably) because content creators are uploading videos? So we can spend the next 24 hours watching videos to see if Man City is a good team on FM24? Just release it if its ready, i dont care what content creators think of the game, and I think i speak for 99% of the hardcore FM base. 

Just now, Barbz2012 said:

as alpha vids out beta will be tomorrow so no need to hype till then

If you're not going to get into the hype then why bother being here? The beta is coming today, it is international beta day after all

2 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

I get that the beta is out when its out, but why do we have to wait a day (probably) because content creators are uploading videos? So we can spend the next 24 hours watching videos to see if Man City is a good team on FM24? Just release it if its ready, i dont care what content creators think of the game, and I think i speak for 99% of the hardcore FM base. 

I'm just here for the gifs mate

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, bigmattb28 said:

If you're not going to get into the hype then why bother being here? The beta is coming today, it is international beta day after all

cos i am being realistic and laugh at some of people speculating 

30 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

In case anyone is not sure on my level of pathetic addiction, I've left my PC on at home so I can remotly access it and install the beta then move all my graphics etc over should it release before I leave the office tonight.

World class behaviour 

1 minute ago, Barbz2012 said:

cos i am being realistic and laugh at some of people speculating 

Even though the thread is titled as a speculation thread. Once again...

speculation
/ˌspɛkjʊˈleɪʃn/
noun
the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Just now, KingBuzzo15 said:

Even though the thread is titled as a speculation thread. Once again...

speculation
/ˌspɛkjʊˈleɪʃn/
noun
the yearly tradition of posting of gifs and Chuck Norris jokes on the SI forum

Fixed that for you :brock: