The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing thats always done my head in - why cant they release at the start of the season!!! or at least shortly after a quick data update after transfer window closes?

November release is a joke

just work harder one year, get more done, & be ready for an early release.....easy! ;-)

anyone know why this is?

5 minutes ago, Gersdude123 said:

What Main save ideas do use have for FM24. 

Lyon for me. After seeing how badly they are doing at the moment, I knew I fancied a save with them, rebuild them and take down PSG, then leave and go to another team on the save.

Just now, gunner86 said:

Worth the trip though

I've been to Newcastle before, couldn't understand a word anyone spoke. Thought they spoke English, but I was apparently wrong...

Just now, Ncfc_king said:

At least the Beta will be out by the time you get back 

Hopefully!

2 minutes ago, soundboyy said:

one thing thats always done my head in - why cant they release at the start of the season!!! or at least shortly after a quick data update after transfer window closes?

November release is a joke

just work harder one year, get more done, & be ready for an early release.....easy! ;-)

anyone know why this is?

Data Lock

17 minutes ago, Dadecane said:

has anyone ever done a south american save? argentina first division in particular? ive only ever done europe. but im thinking of taking over San Lorenzo in buenos aires as their stadium is in the neighborhood where my father was born. it would be a journeyman save anyway as my goal would be to win the league ad libertadores and eventualy land a top euro gig, but has anyone done it?

I'm a regular in South America.

I enjoyed Argentina much more back in the Apertura/Clausura days. I know that format wasn't for everyone, but I found it quite good. The best thing about managing one of the traditional 'big five' in Argentina are the matches against your rivals. With San Lorenzo you'll have the added clasico against Huracan, which I believe is their fiercest rival. 

I think my South American save this time around will likely start with Once Caldas or Libertad (once the files are out for the other leagues). Colombia's format is also not to everyone's liking, but I enjoy it. Something different, and I quite like the season being broken up into two halves. It allows me to refocus. 

Just now, nunch98 said:

Is it worse in English Newcastle than Irish Newcastle?

I don’t know. But I have Irish Irish friends, as in not Dublin. And I have no idea what they’re saying more than half the time

2 minutes ago, Anners said:

You will now and forever be known to me as "Geordie XaW".

I'm a bit further away than that, but sure thing! :D 

1 minute ago, nunch98 said:

I'm not sure how that is the closest Greg's to anyone. What port does the ferry come in at?

image.png.9ec04ad39a929522d9ff97c62b14048a.png

Norway -> Denmark.

Just now, erextion said:

Ooof, you think geordie is rough? Try going to Scotland. 

True. Some of them don’t even say letters right.

i assumed though, due to stereotypes, when I got my first call centre jobs, all the Scots would be angry, and the Welsh would all be lovely. I was wrong.

Just now, XaW said:

Norway -> Denmark.

I'd day you'd have a good chance of Greg's a bit closer to the south coast of England, save you a few hours 😂

Just now, erextion said:

Ooof, you think geordie is rough? Try going to Scotland. 

Could be worse for all I know,  but the heavy set taxi driver with one tooth was impossible to understand. He even dropped us off at the wrong place, but just accepted it rather than try to argue we were staying at another hotel... Just took an Uber! :P

Just now, nunch98 said:

I'd day you'd have a good chance of Greg's a bit closer to the south coast of England, save you a few hours 😂

Haha, just asked for the closest one, and technically it's the one in Newcastle! :D 

4 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

There's been hardly any SI staff teasing, and I'm convinced at this point Zachary just has tabs open to troll us 

Yeah it's whats making me think the worst atm. 

Because surely with the reception over the last couple of days, if they had set it to release later today, they'd all be on here giving hints and stirring up some hype? 

They might keep quiet if they know its not coming out as they don't want to give the mods another hard clean up job.

Just now, DaveMUFC said:

Yeah it's whats making me think the worst atm. 

Because surely with the reception over the last couple of days, if they had set it to release later today, they'd all be on here giving hints and stirring up some hype? 

They might keep quiet if they know its not coming out as they don't want to give the mods another hard clean up job.

They’re all, you know, working. Or in a meeting

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Norway -> Denmark.

Are you doing a Greggs tour through England there? There's one in Folkestone, about a 19 hour drive instead.

...why am I looking for Greggs on the other side of the country? What has this thread done to me.

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

There must be a more direct route than via France

I can fly in a plane, but by car, I don't think so.

Perhaps a ferry from Stavanger to Newcastle or something...?

Just now, gunner86 said:

They’re all, you know, working. Or in a meeting

Yeah, I think this is a good sign.

They only normally get involved in the hours before the release if I remember correctly.

No steamDB updates is good too.

Just now, Anners said:

Are you doing a Greggs tour through England there? There's one in Folkestone, about a 19 hour drive instead.

...why am I looking for Greggs on the other side of the country? What has this thread done to me.

Google said it was the closest one to me! And I don't question Google, as soon as the robots have free will, I want them to remember I always said thank you and listened!

5 minutes ago, Gersdude123 said:

What Main save ideas do use have for FM24. 

Will definitely be starting with an original Leicester save (our team and setup is perfect for some of the new roles and match engine changes, and it’s always a lot more fun starting in the Championship), will probably also try out a your world version and build a team more stylistically similar to our Championship/Premier League winning teams. Want to give Hertha and Malaga a go at some point as well.