The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I doubt it.

If people can't handle others having alpha access, imagine the scenes if it's platform restricted when you get the beta.

I've seen some serious misjudgement over the years (face paint included) but that would be quite something.

It's quite common these days for companies to soft launch betas in specific regions/countries only. (Looking at you Blizzard)

Just putting it out there....

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SynergyIso7 said:

Serious question, do you think this will be the best FM to date with all the new features and ME improvements?

Nah, cant see it being anything amazing but hopefully the most complete ending before the next massive changes. 

4 minutes ago, SynergyIso7 said:

Serious question, do you think this will be the best FM to date with all the new features and ME improvements?

It has potential to be.

It also has potential to not. It seems like they've done a lot of work on players positioning, awareness and movement from an attacking perspective. So I'm interested to see how defending AI handles it. Otherwise it's going to be 5-4 galore and I hate that. Also if it's going to be unrealistically easy to offload players with the new intermediate stuff, and also if set piece goals are gonna be OP. 

As ever, there's a lot of potential for stuff to go wrong. But this has been touted as the most polished version ever. So I was genuinely expecting it to be one of the earliest drops we've had, but that hasn't been the case. So that's either not true, or the licensing fires that 2 hours later apparently weren't fires... are actually blazing fires which is still delaying.

I'm hoping it will be polished and best to date, especially with FM25 having the potential to flop due to the amount of changes.

Edited by Domoboy23

4 minutes ago, SynergyIso7 said:

Gonna have to be something special to beat 07 and 08

Edited by trevjim

6 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I doubt it.

If people can't handle others having alpha access, imagine the scenes if it's platform restricted when you get the beta.

I've seen some serious misjudgement over the years (face paint included) but that would be quite something.

The fine print does say it may become available at different times on different platforms 

5 minutes ago, SynergyIso7 said:

I think FM has been solid for the last few years . Additions to offloading players set pieces and more international management focus is just the icing, or cherry for our American friends 

Just now, nunch98 said:

Also has anyone seen if it's seamless to transition FM23 save to 24 or have I got to start in preseason (currently mid September)

The save will just continue as normal, the only difference is it will be on FM24, not FM23. 

8 minutes ago, Barbz2012 said:

image.png.8a76f32a1302ee7651d9cd011d4e01f5.png

It just renders NDA's completely useless if so.

IF they did know, and weren't allowed to tell anyone (They keep claiming they don't know and yet keep making bold statements on here and on social media) tweets like that I'd be fuming if I were SI.

Edited by Domoboy23

11 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Think if the Speculation thread goes ahead next year, it should only be allowed to start 3 weeks before. not 5 weeks we did this year. 

People on page 20 were speculating it was going to be out 4 weeks out 

Fixed that

Just now, Domoboy23 said:

IF they did know, and weren't allowed to tell anyone (They keep claiming they don't know and yet keep making bold statements on here and on social media) I'd be fuming if I were SI.

he won;t actually know lol

2 minutes ago, nunch98 said:

Has anyone seen what features don't carry across on FM23 saves

Everything carries over, aside obviously from the updated database.

So with stuff like set piece coaching, all coaches will get a set piece rating and the game will slowly start generating newgen set piece coaches, so it might take a bit to get some really skilled personnel in that regard (or maybe you're lucky and one of your existing coaches rolls a 20 and you can just put him on set piece duty). :D

Just now, Domoboy23 said:

IF they did know, and weren't allowed to tell anyone (They keep claiming they don't know and yet keep making bold statements on here and on social media) I'd be fuming if I were SI.

Most of the Sigames/Sega staff probably don't know when the Beta is getting released so the content creators wont know either.

They are probably just taking a guess like the rest of us.

What is the difference between us saying it is coming out today and Youtubers like DoctorBenj etc saying it.

I don't want another day of people moaning about Youtubers again :mad:

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Most of the Sigames/Sega staff probably don't know when the Beta is getting released so the content creators wont know either.

They are probably just taking a guess like the rest of us.

What is the difference between us saying it is coming out today and Youtubers like DoctorBenj etc saying it.

I don't want another day of people moaning about Youtubers again :mad:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471o3l6b5qes6y8kq90t

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

Do you think they'd be as good if you played them now though?

I still did this for a very long time with FM07 and had an amazing time. Mostly the speed of progress is great compared to now. However, the tactics with the sliders and the corresponding match engine do not hold up so great anymore which why I have stopped playing them mostly now.

3 minutes ago, doctorbenjy said:

I don't know as in, nobody at Sports Interactive has communicated the time in which the beta will release to me, however, I do hear things, and it's probably the most logical time/date based on the history. 

Me and Jack absolutely enjoy messing with people a little bit, but as I think someone pointed out, if they'd officially told us, we would not be allowed to speculate. 

Admit it, you based your guess off all the solid evidence you read here right? RIGHT?

You can tell us.

4 minutes ago, doctorbenjy said:

I don't know as in, nobody at Sports Interactive has communicated the time in which the beta will release to me, however, I do hear things, and it's probably the most logical time/date based on the history. 

Me and Jack absolutely enjoy messing with people a little bit, but as I think someone pointed out, if they'd officially told us, we would not be allowed to speculate. 

So what I hear you saying is that they *unofficially* told you 😉

Got it....wink, wink 😂