FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First thoughts on the beta

Overall impression:

Solid but frustrating. Not entirely sure how to configure tactics in the new ME quite yet. Will definitely need a few visits to the tactics forum to figure out how to fit pieces together.Ā 

The good:

Loving the new ball physics and general 3D textures. Player movements look much more fluid. Keeper animations are solid - can even see them punch the ball.Ā 

Attacking player movement is much improved. Generally take up much better positions. Players will often play the obvious pass forward if available. Crossing doesn't always hit the first man and go out for a corner and player seem much more willing to cross at appropriate times. It's a nice change of pace from the wait for cross then clang it off the player nearest you loop.

The bad:

Defending set pieces is a nightmare. I think all defensive players get a 200 point IQ drop the moment the ball goes out of play. Seem to have zero awareness on threats, particularly on throw ins and the natural position recovery after the ball is cleared initially.Ā  Everyone seems to be caught between mark player I'm near and run blindly back to my assigned position. Leads to a lot of heart in mouth stuff.Ā 

Speaking of throw ins - the deep attacking throw in offsides bug is still present. If a player is taking a throw in from the corner flag, the player receiving the ball should never attempt to play a one-two with him.Ā 

The ugly:

Given up 3 Penalties in 4 games. Probably not a bug but holy hell. None of them are even tackles. Just players "pushing" another player when a ball gets lofted from 40 yards away.Ā 

Other random thoughts:

With the new positional awareness for attacking movement I feel like we'll need better defensive tools or at least a better understanding of what is available to have players be responsible for certain channels. Faced a 4-3-3 double mezzala with an IWB and IFB and DLF and could not stop them nor get on the ball. Man Marking pulls players out of position and positional marking seemed to have no effect. I don't expect it to be addressed this year but I hope it doesn't lead to some crazy OP tactics that don't look bad but take advantage of poor defensive awareness or tactical limitations.Ā 

Wish there was more context on duels. Seems like a lot of players will just give up the ball while trying to dribble. I'm sure its hard to show in 3D but the text would be nice if it said there was a tackle or a poor touch or something.

Jumping reach/heading appear to have an outsized importanace (at least in premier league) on the game. Would like to see more hoofs/clearances make it over the top of defenders and have them at least have to chase things down.

Ā 

Just try early access with Spurs using your world db, and Saudi clubs will splash all their money on your players, Kane and Son for 150+m, even you can sell Emerson Royal for 60m

Interesting money power of Saudi clubs just like irl

One game in and the match engine is vastly improved on FM23. It feels more like real football. The movement of both the players and the balls is infinitely more realistic. I've recorded a match from beginning to end (16 minutes) and uploaded it to YouTube in case anyone is interested in how the game looks and feels.

Ā 

Hi, is the u21 Premier Division new rule working as intended??

The rules state 'no foreign players not registered for the first team in the match squad'. This can't be correct surely? I would have thought it works the same way as the actual Premier League, whereby u21 players are all eligible.Ā 

Ā 

It seems ridiculous that I have an u21 squad with like 10 foreign kids, and none can play ANY games for my u21s. This isn't the case in real life as u21 premier league sides are full of foreign kids?? This will surely affect the development of youth when playing in England and must be a bug??

3 minutes ago, Reflection86 said:

Hi, is the u21 Premier Division new rule working as intended??

The rules state 'no foreign players not registered for the first team in the match squad'. This can't be correct surely? I would have thought it works the same way as the actual Premier League, whereby u21 players are all eligible.Ā 

Ā 

It seems ridiculous that I have an u21 squad with like 10 foreign kids, and none can play ANY games for my u21s. This isn't the case in real life as u21 premier league sides are full of foreign kids?? This will surely affect the development of youth when playing in England and must be a bug??

If you think this is not right, please report it in the relevant Bugs forum and let the developers have a look

9 hours ago, SmurfDude said:

Managed to get rid of Mctominay, Maguire, and Donny van Beek. Living the dream hereĀ 

Maguire and McTominay solid squad players for me. :DĀ 

Donny was sold.

Loving wingers with cut inside role. Finally!

Using 4231 atm and can't get Fernandes to play remotely good form AMC position no matter which role I give him which is quite frustrating. My long term goal is to switch to 433 as that's the only formation that can accomodate Mainoo and Gore at the same time but whenever I play 433 I can rarely score a goal or create a chance. :D

8 minutes ago, FrazT said:

If you think this is not right, please report it in the relevant Bugs forum and let the developers have a look

Doing it now as I'm convinced it's a bug. Can't be right that IRL prem u21 teams are packed full of foreign kids, yet in game none of them can play an u21 match, simply cos they aren't registered in the 25 man first team squad. They can play in the actual Premier League maches without being registered, but not the u21 league!

1 hour ago, esca said:

Just try early access with Spurs using your world db, and Saudi clubs will splash all their money on your players, Kane and Son for 150+m, even you can sell Emerson Royal for 60m

Interesting money power of Saudi clubs just like irl

I sold Dendonker for 20 million!

12 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

There are 4 players and two of them share a name with one another. It's like there are two Jebbisons and Two other guy who slips my mind on the pitch one for each side.

Ah. Spent a good 5 minutes staring at it, the circles and trying to decide if the OP was giving positive or negative feedback around positioning, movement etc. Didn't notice the other Jebbison on the far left.

Ā 

24 minuti fa, luka_zg ha scritto:

Using 4231 atm and can't get Fernandes to play remotely good form AMC position no matter which role I give him which is quite frustrating.

Oh no, this brings back bad memories from the pastā€¦

29 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

There are 4 players and two of them share a name with one another. It's like there are two Jebbisons and Two other guy who slips my mind on the pitch one for each side.

You are right. they are the same one in the game.Ā 

Played 3 games in the lowest Spanish league and overall I love the match engine.Ā 

However I am a bit concerned there might be too many penalties being awarded. I have given away 4 penalties and received one.Ā 

My defenders are very bad so that might be contributing to the number of penalties but it feels like too many.Ā 

Really enjoying this. A lot of the UI seems kind of retro to me? Feel like im the only one who sees it though, parts remind me of older games and its class. The white outline around the in-match commentary isnt something ive noticed in older games but is just lovely.

Id been deeply involved in a FM23 save (Aberdeen trying to overthrow Celtic/Rangers. Finally won the league in 28/29, on Wednesday night) so being able to use that save on FM24 with the improvements to the game is great. Played one game but it felt like i was seeing how I actually wanted my team to play, which i only got flashes of in 23.

8 hours ago, thomas_e said:

Is this a joke?

Not the place for this discussion at the very least. Others are also allowed their view even if they don't align with your. Please refrain from continuing this topic.

Don't know if this is a common problem or something I'm doing wrong. When selecting Real World and adding 4-5 leagues, the game only allows me to start in the start up league, the others are greyed out šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

9 minutes ago, FM'd-BRO said:

Don't know if this is a common problem or something I'm doing wrong. When selecting Real World and adding 4-5 leagues, the game only allows me to start in the start up league, the others are greyed out šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

I think it's due to the new game modes (if you are trying one of those?). May be worth creating a dummy manager to start the game, then add a new manager right after and retire the dummy one.

7 minutes ago, Caletti said:

Has anyone noticed that the passing efficiency is too high again?

I see mostly high 70s to mid 80s in my games so far in lower league England. In the league the highest is 91%, but only 4 teams over 85%,Ā  and the lowest is 79%. Looking at the closest I found, which is League Two, it's not far off, but slightly too high completion percentage.

13 minutes ago, Caletti said:

Has anyone noticed that the passing efficiency is too high again?

Yes, finally, thank you. I'd noticed it at first glance and I scrolled through 7 pages of feedback posts to see if someone else noticed it too. It's annoying, everyone in my 23 save (2nd Turkish league) turned into prime Busquets - Xavi - Iniesta.Ā 

Ā 

Which brings me to my next point, is positional play being forced upon us? Like, we all have to play Pepball? I love that brand of football, don't get me wrong, but is it forced to be this way and no other way?Ā 

The ME seems to be really good so far and people that complain about not having a with ball and without ball formation should be happy because now you can defend for example with a 442 and attack with various shapes like the 235,325,334 etc.

I also like the fact that players who are offside hold their runs and allow the next player who isn't offside to go for the ball

I'm going to save the game files incase an update changes the way the ME works so I can go back to the way it is nowĀ 

Edited by DarJ

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

I see mostly high 70s to mid 80s in my games so far in lower league England. In the league the highest is 91%, but only 4 teams over 85%,Ā  and the lowest is 79%. Looking at the closest I found, which is League Two, it's not far off, but slightly too high completion percentage.

Playing in L1 and I certainly think it passes the eyeball test of does it look like the football I watch every weekend.

Loving some of the break downs in play and counter attacks that generates now.

Was playing Newcastle in a friendly I had a cross from the left to the back post it was headed out.

My wide centre back had pushed up and they were suddenly 3 on 3 against my two centre halves and DM.

Wilson ended slotting it home.Ā 

The kind of goal even when conceding you have to just appreciate as it looked so real in the way it happened.

One gripe however and it's probably more an animation issue than anything is that goalkeepers often animate like they'd catch the ball down near their feet and instead the ball cannons off their arms for a corner at an odd angle.

With all the work put into the ball physics elsewhere on the pitch it's really noticeable.

7 minutes ago, XaW said:

I played 3 games yesterday and in every game I had 90%~ pass efficiency. I played on save from FM23 and in FM23 I had on average 83% pass efficiency. The ME in FM24 is beauty but I think that pass efficiency is a little bit too high.

Sad I wasnā€™t added in the game this year. Went from performance analyst at cork city and borehamwood to now lead analyst at st albans city and I wasnā€™t in. No clue who im supposed to ask to get in. LinkedIn proof :Ā https://www.linkedin.com/in/lewis-allen-210052231?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share_via&utm_content=profile&utm_medium=ios_app

6 minutes ago, Bahoi said:

Yes, finally, thank you. I'd noticed it at first glance and I scrolled through 7 pages of feedback posts to see if someone else noticed it too. It's annoying, everyone in my 23 save (2nd Turkish league) turned into prime Busquets - Xavi - Iniesta.Ā 

Ā 

Which brings me to my next point, is positional play being forced upon us? Like, we all have to play Pepball? I love that brand of football, don't get me wrong, but is it forced to be this way and no other way?Ā 

Not one single professional team plays rigid nobody moving positions between the different phases of play and haven't for years.

16 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Football Manager 2024 Early Access is out! But, before you decide on if youā€™re going to transfer an FM23 save or starting afresh with one of our new game modes, just a quick note to say if youā€™d like to leave some feedback at any point, this is the place to do so.

Whilst we wonā€™t be able to reply to everything posted, what we can assure you is that people from within our team will be reading and discussing your topics internally within the studio.

Please make sure that if you come across something you think is a bug, raise it in our Bug Tracker where our QA team can review it as quickly as possible.

If you have a technical issue, like say a crash or youā€™re unable to get into the game, please read our Technical FAQ which is filled with troubleshooting suggestions that should get you up and running.

Ā 

If youā€™re raising feedback, try and make it constructive. The full list of our traditional ground rules can be found below:

. Constructive feedback is helpful. Constructive doesn't necessarily mean positive, but at least give us your reasons. Help us to help you by giving details.

. Respect other opinions. We don't expect you to always agree but take the time to read posts and respect their position.

. Please take Tactical Discussion elsewhere. We've seen that these types of threads can see posts focused on the tactical side of the game and whilst this is interesting, it's much more appropriate discussion for our Tactics, Training and Strategies Discussion.

. Donā€™t make it personal. Attacks and the like wonā€™t be tolerated. SI Staff and our volunteer moderating team will engage where we can, but any abuse makes that much more unlikely.

Now on behalf of everyone at SI, we hope you enjoy and come the end of the season the trophy cabinet is stuffed full of silverware!

Ā 

Sad I wasnā€™t added in the game this year. Went from performanceĀ analyst at cork city and borehamwood to now lead analyst at st albans city and I wasnā€™t in. No clue who im supposed to ask to get in. LinkedIn proof :Ā https://www.linkedin.com/in/lewis-allen-210052231?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share_via&utm_content=profile&utm_medium=ios_app

6 minutes ago, Caletti said:

I played 3 games yesterday and in every game I had 90%~ pass efficiency. I played on save from FM23 and in FM23 I had on average 83% pass efficiency. The ME in FM24 is beauty but I think that pass efficiency is a little bit too high.

If you see it, please report it in the bug tracker. Could be tactical for all I know, but best to let SI take a look.

For me, I haven't seen anything, likeĀ @kiwityke1983writes, it passes the eye test for me, and my statistics don't look horrible either. But I encourage everyone to log examples of this in the bug tracker if they spot something.

Just now, Lewis allen96 said:

Sad I wasnā€™t added in the game this year. Went from performanceĀ analyst at cork city and borehamwood to now lead analyst at st albans city and I wasnā€™t in. No clue who im supposed to ask to get in. LinkedIn proof :Ā https://www.linkedin.com/in/lewis-allen-210052231?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share_via&utm_content=profile&utm_medium=ios_app

Find the right place here and log it as a bug:

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/database-and-research/

Some very encouraging comments on here and from what I have seen the ME looks much improvedĀ 

Can anyone post a photo of a newgen please as I am hoping for improvements there , as in not looking like some Japanese cartoon character šŸ˜€

2 minutes ago, Womaz said:

Some very encouraging comments on here and from what I have seen the ME looks much improvedĀ 

Can anyone post a photo of a newgen please as I am hoping for improvements there , as in not looking like some Japanese cartoon character šŸ˜€

I only have one:

image.png.08e5f3357c521f647f1c8ca2d537f4b5.png

Edit, got some staff too:

image.png.5aa96b683401ed29b32156a9d782d3cb.pngimage.png.90eee5e5d073eb5fe7de4318f8660a98.png

Edited by XaW

4 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

So far for me the interactions are even more broken than previously which is impressive.

My entire squad are currently up in arms because of something but I haven't had the chance to even talk to anyone about it, they've all just collectively agreed to hate me for not having a decent reserve goalie!

I've had a few conversations and not had one be a positiveĀ  outcome yet.

Literally everyone reacts negatively to everything, especially being criticised for poor training.

I had similar. Started last night as Real Madrid. Quite a lot of the squad complained that we didnā€™t have enough depth in attacking midfield. I told them that I was happy with the depth - Iā€™m not even playing with an attacking midfielder! 90% of the squad angry with me.

Ā 

14 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Lemme load up my Scotland 13-tier mod - I'm currently in the Highland Amateur League playing hoofball. If teams have 90% pass completion there, we have a problem!

Right, I can report the stats look normal. Lower league seems to work fine in FM24 from my limited observation.

Disappointed in the Match Sound .. Still awfulĀ  and whether you have 100 or 50,000 it sounds the same and doesnt make any difference to what team scores the level is the sameĀ  . Though it could of improved . Not sure about the 3D match either ??? Seems a bit weird to me the way its represented . A lot of sliding ??? and they said it would be improved tooo so again its disappoimting and actuallt think its worse than FM23 in that respect . AND THOSE STADIUMS !!!! But im guessing its going to get better next year so here is hoping . Again no decent or more camera angles !!

Ball physics are good as are the way players react .Ā  My save didnt come across to well from FM23 so i have logged it as a bug .Ā