Is Russia worth loading?

That's all really, is Russia at all worth loading in FM24 or will they just slow the game down without contributing interesting young players or European competitiveness?

I would say no, but I'm planning a save in Turkey and with the two being somewhat proximate and -Stan countries counting as Turks for domestic league registration purposes (and I imagine some of those individuals playing/ being generated in Russia?) it feels like it becomes a valid question

I enjoyed my saves in Russia. It mostly depends on if you are open to coaching there. In terms of contributing players, I heard that all first divisions should be loaded. Another option is to have Russia loaded as "View Only".

Edited by phd_angel

On 23/10/2023 at 10:03, oche balboa said:

How? At the end of the day its a computer game 

A computer game simulating the real world. Russia can go to hell in every possible way, and very much in FM. The unnecessary war of evil they started probably killed a few FM-players aswell.

Edited by Dreambuilder

I normally load quite a few leagues from around the world, including Russia. Since their ban, I have continued to load the league, but it probably doesn't add so much value any more. In a journeyman save, I find it unlikely I would find myself there with no prospect of European football.

9 hours ago, Dreambuilder said:

A computer game simulating the real world. Russia can go to hell in every possible way, and very much in FM. The unnecessary war of evil they started probably killed a few FM-players aswell.

Whatever anyone feels about this topic, this is not the place for it. We have an off-topic subforum where these types of things can be discussed. This is for FM only. Please don't continue this here.

2 hours ago, RussoTuristo said:

Well, I'm waiting for update that puts Russia back in Continental Cups. Why would I remove Top-10 league in Europe?

I'm fine with their exclusion for now, as that is realistic and will likely go on for a year or two for sure. My buggest gripe is that I generally simulate about 10 to 12 years before I begin a save, and then aim to play that save for quite a few seasons. Which means that Russia is out for like 2 decades in my game world. And I have to always come up with some horrible long term mess in my head to justify the ongoing situation not being resolved for 20 years.