Offloading players via intermediary? Bug or what?

Hello.

I have a problem (may be not?) with selling via intermediaries.

I started the game and wanted to sell a player. First i used the option to talk to the agent, he said there are no interested sides. Then I decided to try an intermediary, who told me that there are no interested clubs also. But I`m curious isn`t it supposed to be a job of intermediary to find interested club for a fee?

The screen bellow is from https://www.footballmanager.com/features/introducing-intermediaries-and-offloading-players

I have never received the offers in the way pictured by the screen.

Is it a bug or am I doing smth not right?

Посредник.jpg

I replied in the feedback thread, but hiring an intermediary gives you a better chance of offloading a player, it's not a guarantee. So it seems to me that it's working as intended, some players just don't sell IRL, hence why they get released at the end of their contract and there are thousands of free agents available.

But isn`t i supposed to receive the offers from intermediaries for diffetent fees? It`s their job I suppose to search for an interested party? Maybe they should offer me a decrease in price or smth like that, But no reply is strange.

When can i receive the same chat screen with director of football (as pictured above)?

Edited by Vladson

8 minutes ago, Vladson said:

But isn`t i supposed to receive the offers from intermediaries for diffetent fees? It`s their job I suppose to search for an interested party? Maybe they should offer me a decrease in price or smth like that, But no reply is strange.

When can i receive the same chat screen with director of football (as pictured above)?

There is no such thing as a sales guarantee.

Some players simply won't attract any interest regardless of intermediaries getting involved.

20 minutes ago, Vladson said:

Intermediaries aren't guaranteed sales. They make it easier to get rid, but if you have a player on high wage compared to his skills, then they will not find offers either. I've had players I got rid of easily, but I've also had players who I didn't manage to sell. Intermediaries just makes it easier as long as there are interest. You can't force a club to buy your player.

2 минуты назад, XaW сказал:

Intermediaries aren't guaranteed sales. They make it easier to get rid, but if you have a player on high wage compared to his skills, then they will not find offers either. I've had players I got rid of easily, but I've also had players who I didn't manage to sell. Intermediaries just makes it easier as long as there are interest. You can't force a club to buy your player.

Is is clear. But what is the purpose of using an intermediary, when there is an interest independent of them?

Edited by Vladson

5 minutes ago, Vladson said:

Is is clear. But what is the purpose of using an intermediary, when there is an interest independent of them?

Because some times, when you offer clubs out, they won't have much interest, but an intermediary can _sometimes_ generate it. Other times they can't.

I see the intermediary as a last chance to sell the player, we've all had a player who we just can't get an offer for no matter how long the interest is, then the intermediary manages to get one for a % less than what you wanted but it means they're out the door

I feel like that intermediary screen should be available every time you try to sell a player via intermediary. You should be able to select which intermediary you want to use based on their fee/expected price, then if they can't drum up the interest they should come back to you saying so, and saying there is no fee as they haven't been able to drum up any interest. You shouldn't know if there is interest before you have selected an intermediary to actually go out and establish if there is interest. 

5 hours ago, Vladson said:

Hello.

I have a problem (may be not?) with selling via intermediaries.

I started the game and wanted to sell a player. First i used the option to talk to the agent, he said there are no interested sides. Then I decided to try an intermediary, who told me that there are no interested clubs also. But I`m curious isn`t it supposed to be a job of intermediary to find interested club for a fee?

The screen bellow is from https://www.footballmanager.com/features/introducing-intermediaries-and-offloading-players

I have never received the offers in the way pictured by the screen.

Is it a bug or am I doing smth not right?

Посредник.jpg

I also have not seen this screen, even when there has been interest in players. I just get the screen that says no one wants to make a bid for the player.

Ive tried this a few times with a few players too.

To be fair, I’m generally seeing players are easier to offload anyway, with most going when I just ask the agent, but so far it feels like if the agent can’t do anything, an intermediary won’t either.

Also, I’ve not done it with a transfer listed player yet, maybe that’s the key.

Edited by gunner86

1 hour ago, Jonthedon26 said:

I feel like that intermediary screen should be available every time you try to sell a player via intermediary. You should be able to select which intermediary you want to use based on their fee/expected price, then if they can't drum up the interest they should come back to you saying so, and saying there is no fee as they haven't been able to drum up any interest. You shouldn't know if there is interest before you have selected an intermediary to actually go out and establish if there is interest. 

It doesn't show up because no intermediaries think they can offload the player. 

If that screen with offers showed up, it would contradict the DOF...

Also, note that hiring an intermediary isn't a guaranteed sale.

1 hour ago, Jonthedon26 said:

This wouldn't happen in real life, they'd have to ring/email around to find out if there is or isn't interest in the player and they'll want paying for their time regardless of whether they've been successful in drumming up interest. 

16 minutes ago, Brentford Alan said:

This wouldn't happen in real life, they'd have to ring/email around to find out if there is or isn't interest in the player and they'll want paying for their time regardless of whether they've been successful in drumming up interest. 

Well then they should make you pay for searching in the first place, make it a real tough decision as to whether you go down the intermediary route or not. As it stands at the moment it feels totally unrealistic to me. Basically as it is now the DoF goes out to various intermediaries and they just come back and say "no we won't be able to sell him" without even attempting to do their job as an intermediary and find any potential interest? 

My implementation (if possible in the coding) would be DoF goes to various intermediaries with player X, you get a list of said intermediaries that are either local, regional, continental, worldwide and you can choose which level you go with. Each one has a cost for shopping around/drumming up interest in player X, for ease sake £10k, £20k, £30k, £40k, and you pay that up front for them to go around and shop around/drum up interest, then there is also their intermediary fee for an actual sale (like 2%-5% or whatever of the fee).

If they don't or can't garner any interest in the player, it has still cost you £10k or whatever to hire the intermediary to go out and look for interest in the player. I don't feel like in real life a whole host of intermediaries would just come back to you straight away and say sorry we wont be able to get any interest in that player without actually going out and looking for/drumming up interest in the player. 

That's just my take anyway. 

2 hours ago, Jonthedon26 said:

Well then they should make you pay for searching in the first place, make it a real tough decision as to whether you go down the intermediary route or not. As it stands at the moment it feels totally unrealistic to me. Basically as it is now the DoF goes out to various intermediaries and they just come back and say "no we won't be able to sell him" without even attempting to do their job as an intermediary and find any potential interest? 

My implementation (if possible in the coding) would be DoF goes to various intermediaries with player X, you get a list of said intermediaries that are either local, regional, continental, worldwide and you can choose which level you go with. Each one has a cost for shopping around/drumming up interest in player X, for ease sake £10k, £20k, £30k, £40k, and you pay that up front for them to go around and shop around/drum up interest, then there is also their intermediary fee for an actual sale (like 2%-5% or whatever of the fee).

If they don't or can't garner any interest in the player, it has still cost you £10k or whatever to hire the intermediary to go out and look for interest in the player. I don't feel like in real life a whole host of intermediaries would just come back to you straight away and say sorry we wont be able to get any interest in that player without actually going out and looking for/drumming up interest in the player. 

It's assumed that the DOF already went through that phase already. We are just given an option as the manager to choose which one to hire. As the manager, we aren't directly looking for these people. The intermediaries are working within their own network. 

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

6 часов назад, Jonthedon26 сказал:

Very nice. That`s whan I`m talkin about. Hope the developers hear us)

21 hours ago, Vladson said:

No. Sometimes they simply directly tell u theres no interest and thats it. No offers. Theyre not miracle workers. Other times, they will present u with potential offers like the screenshot u showed. 👍🏽 

16 hours ago, gunner86 said:

I also have not seen this screen, even when there has been interest in players. I just get the screen that says no one wants to make a bid for the player.

Ive tried this a few times with a few players too.

To be fair, I’m generally seeing players are easier to offload anyway, with most going when I just ask the agent, but so far it feels like if the agent can’t do anything, an intermediary won’t either.

Also, I’ve not done it with a transfer listed player yet, maybe that’s the key.

Lol u have to transfer list them, it def does help the cause. But its not the end all. 

id say I get the “there are no offers” about 40% of the time when using intermediary, and its fair; I use them to offload players who are old, bad quality, etc nobody wants them. But about 60% of the time they get me offers 👍🏽