FM24 Performance Benchmarking Thread

I just wanted to add another point which may be useful for some people:

I have a AMD 7950x system and a Macbook M3 max. Performance is more or less the same with the 7950x only being faster in test D but....I've never had a single crash dump on a Macbook and I run test save's 24/7 all the time. On my windows system it's usually 1 per day. So I actually switched all my longterm tests from a high-end gaming PC to a Macbook:lol:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Daveincid said:

I just wanted to add another point which may be useful for some people:

I have a AMD 7950x system and a Macbook M3 max. Performance is more or less the same with the 7950x only being faster in test D but....I've never had a single crash dump on a Macbook and I run test save's 24/7 all the time. On my windows system it's usually 1 per day. So I actually switched all my longterm tests from a high-end gaming PC to a Macbook:lol:

The Mac performance has always impressed me in these threads. Tempted by an M4 Mac mini in a few months but worried about excel on Mac (never had a Mac). Off topic but would be keen to know Mac users experience with excel on Mac? 

vor 23 Minuten schrieb JAwtunes:

The Mac performance has always impressed me in these threads. Tempted by an M4 Mac mini in a few months but worried about excel on Mac (never had a Mac). Off topic but would be keen to know Mac users experience with excel on Mac? 

Indeed. I personally use libreOffice (which works absolutely fine on Mac) so I can't say much about the "classic" microsoft excel. 

17 hours ago, JAwtunes said:

I use both a Windows 11 desktop and a MacBook M3 Pro so finally decided to bite the bullet and buy Office 365 (via a much reduced price on Amazon) which gives the boon of running full Office on both machines… can confirm Excel runs great on my MacBook and I often use it ahead of booting up my desktop due to ease of use. Hope that helps.

Edited by tim_gashead

10 hours ago, tim_gashead said:

I use both a Windows 11 desktop and a MacBook M3 Pro so finally decided to bite the bullet and buy Office 365 (via a much reduced price on Amazon) which gives the boon of running full Office on both machines… can confirm Excel runs great on my MacBook and I often use it ahead of booting up my desktop due to ease of use. Hope that helps.

Quite offtopic, but isn't 365 a subscription model, Microsoft attempting to relieve you the price of the full program each year in essence?

18 hours ago, scythian12 said:

Quite offtopic, but isn't 365 a subscription model, Microsoft attempting to relieve you the price of the full program each year in essence?

Apologies for adding to this, but yeah 365 is subscription, but Office 2021 for Mac will also work amazingly if a MacBook is your machine of choice for FM24 / FM25 👍🏻