When will si releases news from the FM 25?

37 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

As I said years ago. All SI needs to do (as if that's a trivial task) is have FIFA 08/09 animations and graphics and let me have a camera in the dugout as a real manager would have. And I switch to 3D in an instant.

I've always wanted a touchline camera, but I suspect I'd use it once maybe twice and never again, because you'd struggle to get a good overview of play.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, KillYourIdols said:

Hope SI Hurry up, I want the "Unofficial Beta Release Thread" and all It's GIF-ey goodness and Speculation back in my life :hammer:

:(

5 hours ago, KillYourIdols said:

Hope SI Hurry up, I want the "Unofficial Beta Release Thread" and all It's GIF-ey goodness and Speculation back in my life :hammer:

Noooo GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

4 hours ago, gunner86 said:

They complain, but they both secretly loved it last year.

Let's say there have been discussions about it.

11 часов назад, Wolf_pd сказал:

Let's say there have been discussions about it.

I remember that the moderators were constantly patrolling that thread. But were there many interventions? It was just a group of cheerful users causing comic chaos with GIFs. Were there any malicious offenders?

Edited by Novem9

12 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

I remember that the moderators were constantly patrolling that thread. But were there many interventions? It was just a group of cheerful users causing comic chaos with GIFs. Were there any malicious offenders?

I think it seemed pretty chill ONLY because the Mods were on top of it and done a stellar job. IIRC it was a hell hole for Moderation :(

1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

47 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

I think it seemed pretty chill ONLY because the Mods were on top of it and done a stellar job. IIRC it was a hell hole for Moderation :(

There’s always 1 or 2 that try to actively ruin it, but yeah, the mods were generally pretty on it hiding posts that crossed the line. I can imagine were a lot of work though.

1 hour ago, Novem9 said:

I think we moderated out a few hundred posts in there last time. It was a major pain the last time. The years before it has mostly been a good time, but the last one was not good! I really hope the next one is more pleasant, our tolerance for that sort of thing is less now and we'll have the banhammer at the ready.

17 minutes ago, XaW said:

I think we moderated out a few hundred posts in there last time. It was a major pain the last time. The years before it has mostly been a good time, but the last one was not good! I really hope the next one is more pleasant, our tolerance for that sort of thing is less now and we'll have the banhammer at the ready.

Video gif. Two priests stand in the street, holding protest signs. One says, “Careful now.” The other says, “Down with this sort of thing.”

On 19/06/2024 at 14:53, Brodie21 said:

As we await an update, I think we should discuss what we've heard on the rumour mill. I've heard a whisper that some players will be able to fly

Along with this, i've heard another rumour from an extremely reliable source, that teams wanting to hold out for a draw e.g. second leg where they're carrying a lead or expected to lose etc, will be able to leave the hosepipes on overnight & play the match in a six-foot deep swimming pool. Not only that, if a player picks up a yellow or red card in a match - resulting to suspension for the following game, the manager can request a 'pac-man doodle', where, if he can make it from row A - row Z in the crowd - eating all the burgers on the way, the suspension will be rescinded.

4 hours ago, Brodie21 said:

Along with this, i've heard another rumour from an extremely reliable source, that teams wanting to hold out for a draw e.g. second leg where they're carrying a lead or expected to lose etc, will be able to leave the hosepipes on overnight & play the match in a six-foot deep swimming pool. Not only that, if a player picks up a yellow or red card in a match - resulting to suspension for the following game, the manager can request a 'pac-man doodle', where, if he can make it from row A - row Z in the crowd - eating all the burgers on the way, the suspension will be rescinded.

Damn

36 minutes ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

News is coming this Thursday or Friday. Excited to see! 

20240622_223844.jpg.cc4dbf810bb545c257eb896de19bd16c.jpg  The messiah has spoken

Edited by XV20

2 hours ago, Andrew Marines said:

I heard by credible sources saturday was the first date they could release something...

My sources are telling me sunday

2 hours ago, phd_angel said:

I used my crystal ball and I know exactly what SI will say:

FM25 is going to be "revolutionary like no other" and you will be able "to write your own history" with "revamped new features" that will take your game to "a whole new level". And... you'll also be able to "share your own experiences in the community of gamers" and "win prizes"!

:lol::lol::lol:

hahaha. Or they'd say "Rewrite the script with FM25" as you dive deeper with new features and enhanced mechanics that will take your journey to the next level..

5 hours ago, XV20 said:

Hopefully they open a merch store. Would love to get their jerseys!!

I've got 3! ;)

image.png.72204b309f1c3592fc8a89b5c9d1dee0.pngimage.png.eb0ebced3e8a35d268fb6d7675ffb89c.pngimage.png.2de5c09516caae67e77ec42e4990c1d4.png

I think it's these, but I would have to check to be sure.

10 hours ago, phd_angel said:

I used my crystal ball and I know exactly what SI will say:

FM25 is going to be "revolutionary like no other" and you will be able "to write your own history" with "revamped new features" that will take your game to "a whole new level". And... you'll also be able to "share your own experiences in the community of gamers" and "win prizes"!

:lol::lol::lol:

You forgot “take to the pitch”, “a whole new era”, “rebuilt from the ground up” and “1,000 new lines of dialogue”.

18 часов назад, XV20 сказал:

new features

Looks like you don't appreciate flag stickers on your manager's cheek :sega:

Even Rockstar released a trailer for GTA6 (release not in this year), but M-s has his own standards :onmehead:

2 hours ago, metallimuse said:

I'm not fussed about what new features or match engine or anything like that currently, I just wanna know what the game spec will be now they're moving to Unity and they've said that there will be an increase in specs to accommodate required.

Just turn off the features you can't run like any other game.

2 hours ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

Tomorrow or Friday is the day lads.

Genuinely excited to see to see the jump the team at FM have made - Improved graphics and stadium customisation would take the game to a whole new level! 

I hope so too, but to be honest, I don't expect in-game screenshots to be released yet, as they are generally made available in late September or early October.

32 minutes ago, talhak said:

I hope so too, but to be honest, I don't expect in-game screenshots to be released yet, as they are generally made available in late September or early October.

To be fair, I think they did say they were aiming to show a “first look” at the game, so I would expect some screenshots albeit not with a great level of detail, but just to give an idea of how it’s gonna look. Still not holding my breath about it being Q2. I’d expect mid-July at best.

17 минут назад, gunner86 сказал:

To be fair, I think they did say they were aiming to show a “first look” at the game, so I would expect some screenshots albeit not with a great level of detail, but just to give an idea of how it’s gonna look. Still not holding my breath about it being Q2. I’d expect mid-July at best.

Frankly, I was expecting screenshots of interface and different windows, like tactics, finances, squad, schedule, etc. A couple of minutes of video in the game engine for sure, as well as a demonstration of how much faster the game runs in day processing.

Given the complete silence on all radio frequencies, I don't learn from my mistakes. I would like to say that those who planned the marketing do the same, but I don’t know details. All I can say is that I COMPLETELY don’t understand how in 2024 you can sell your product this way

Edited by Novem9

18 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Frankly, I was expecting screenshots of interface and different windows, like tactics, finances, squad, schedule, etc. A couple of minutes of video in the game engine for sure, as well as a demonstration of how much faster the game runs in day processing.

Given the complete silence on all radio frequencies, I don't learn from my mistakes. I would like to say that those who planned the marketing do the same, but I don’t know details. All I can say is that I COMPLETELY don’t understand how in 2024 you can sell your product this way

I do wonder if, historically, they have worked differently from most because it’s a different sort of game to most - reliant on repeat custom from a loyal fan base (lack of competition too I guess). Someone mentioned GTA earlier, and the fact they already had a trailer out for a game due next year. The difference with that though, is the last GTA came out 12 years ago - FM was less than 9 months.

That being said, if 25 is truly going to be that completely new game that is built in a whole new way - the “new generation” of FM - isn’t this exactly the time to try something new with release info?

Theres still time for Q2, there’s no Euros for 2 days, maybe that’s there window. It’s possible, I’m not banking on it.

Am I frustrated? Absolutely. Will I buy FM25? Yep, probably. Am I gonna log another 3 hours managing Villarreal on FM24 tonight? You betcha.

2 hours ago, Novem9 said:

All I can say is that I COMPLETELY don’t understand how in 2024 you can sell your product this way

You either buy Football Manager or you dont play a football management game. They, through no fault of their own have a stranglehold on this genre. Zero competition means they really dont have to bother to sell units. 

1 час назад, gunner86 сказал:

Am I gonna log another 3 hours managing Villarreal on FM24 tonight? You betcha.

Well, that sounds logical, the opposite would be strange :D

11 минут назад, jimbo22 сказал:

Zero competition means they really dont have to bother to sell units.

In the end, they should just be interested in sharing the results of their work. 

I don't remember when competition in video games pushed developers to reveal information. Some companies are open, like Paradox or CDPR. Others keep their cards under table until a last minute