Lowest Match Rating You've Ever Seen

Recently played a match where the opposition goalkeeper got a 3.8 match rating, and I can't think of a time where I've seen a lower match rating in Football Manager, like ever (going back to FM2005).

I assume people will have seen match ratings lower than this but I'm curious to see how low can it go, and what sort of stats a player would need to have registered in a match to get below a 3.0 match rating, if it's even possible.

I've seen 1 way back in the elder days, but in recent FM's I don't think I've seen sub 4....

4 hours ago, XaW said:

I've seen 1 way back in the elder days, but in recent FM's I don't think I've seen sub 4....

Yeah the holy grail of CM93 was to get all 10's and the opposition 1's

Posted (edited)

Yes, there was something in Football Manager 2005 where goalkeepers would get a rating of 1. I remember Dida often got 1 for Brazil and I have no idea why. I don't remember was it patched

Edited by Marko1989

I think lowest is 0.1, but that was only possible in older FM's where you could play 0-5-5 and full on attacking with everyone playing in wrong positions and then lose by more than ten goals. I think nowadays the game doesn't let you put an outfield player in goal anymore.

Without trying, I think I've seen 3.4 once in FM10, but that may have been a 3.8 too and I just misremembered. I remember it was for a CB who made 2 crucial mistakes in the same match. First time I had ever seen a player perform that badly.