Any interest in an OTF Euro 2024 Charity Sweepstake?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

@Pukey, @SouthCoastRed, @Smallen, @Bliss Seeker, @Gizzy, @Rob1981, @hilly_boro, @mrw072, @Joel B, @Pompeyboyz, @BoroPhil, @Lewis007, @Anthrax Dave, @RTHerringbone, @Harryseaess, @trueblue.85, @bermybhoy@Sned, @Tikka Mezzala, @VP., @Shambolic, @merry_miller, @titchuk

Many thanks for running this Joel and what a great honour to pick a charity to benefit from Spain's success. Out of sadness comes a little bit of good.

There are so many worthy causes that need help just now - Gareth Southgate, the Conservative Party, Novak Djokavic, Scotland National Football team and many others.

Really though, there are so many needy proper causes that I could choose, but I thought right at the beginning and before the draw was made, that if I won I would nominate @SouthCoastRed's hospice charity - it is becoming an OTF tradition and one that I would be delighted to carry on.

If the Old Git can re-post the details, we can all contribute what we wish.

Was really hoping this would be the charity the winner chose. Well played :applause:

Donated. 

They must be able to build a new ward, or maybe even better - an onsite pub with all of our donations by now, right?  I'd happily go over and cut the ribbon for the opening of Oakhaven's OTF Pub when they finish installing the bar. 

1 hour ago, Pukey said:

There's currently some confused, but quite happy, staff member at Oakhaven wondering why they're suddenly getting several donations at once

We've been down this path before. The first time the poor woman's brain was on the verge of exploding till I rang to explain :D

Thank you for your generous support! An email receipt was sent to your email address.

You have made this gift in memory of Mrs SCR.

Your gift details:
Amount: £20.00
Payment Method: MasterCard Credit card ending in
Date: 15/07/2024
Designation: General Fund

12 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Got another Oakhaven Hospice letter through the post yesterday :D

How do I tell them to save their money and to stop sending me stuff? @SouthCoastRed !?

Haha they've got you!

A Bliss is for life, not just Christmas 

3 hours ago, Bliss Seeker said:

They must be able to build a new ward, or maybe even better - an onsite pub with all of our donations by now, right? 

At the very least they ought to put up a framed photo of Oyarzabal scoring the winner. See what people make of that.

“Why have you got that photo up of Spain winning the Euros?”

”Well because some internet weirdos did a sweepstake and then when Spain won and England didn’t it meant that… erm… actually I don’t understand either”.

5 hours ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Donated. 

They must be able to build a new ward, or maybe even better - an onsite pub with all of our donations by now, right?  I'd happily go over and cut the ribbon for the opening of Oakhaven's OTF Pub when they finish installing the bar. 

I think I still get 1 Leaflet a month from Guide Dogs for the Blind after doing a donation for a contest or something that BG won. Absolutely deserving cause, but stop sending me so much post :D 

I'll put my donation in tomorrow or Wednesday once I'm back in blighty 

Brilliant gesture @Sons FC

Had I won, it was going to be my choice too.

Just goes to show that the old git does pull at the heart strings 

10 hours ago, SouthCoastRed said:

You've no idea, anniversaries and birthdays are the real gut kickers, things like this help so much 💙

Although the family WhatsApp group chat just now has the fantastic line..... "Dads ****ing loony internet mates are at it again!!" :D

You love to see it :D 

• 2 weeks later...

I was half way through a holiday when the curtain came down in such - ahem - disappointing fashion (for most of you lot at least). But have finally remembered to do it. A great cause. 

@Sons FC - just realised probably no one is reading this part of the forum any more. So editing to add you in just to confirm done. 

Screenshot_20240726_003049_Chrome.jpg

Edited by bermybhoy