SI Forum Euro 2024 Fantasy Football League

I'm in. Here's what I've got right now.

IMG_6617.jpeg.a3b23193265ec2f5e4a2eda1c090e8e9.jpeg

A reminder for those who haven't played EURO Fantasy before. You can change your starting line-up and captain between matchdays, so it's best to start with players who play earlier in the round - and replace your worst performers with those who play later.

Edited by CFuller

Me and my group of friends have done a fun team pick where we have restricted ourselves to one player per nation. As well as not picking anyone from the top 8 nations

So my team will probably look a little different to everyone elses :D

21 minutes ago, Gizmo7 said:

Everyone should be picking a German (or Scottish, lol) player for their captain tonight, as you can change your captain daily, as well as subs.

And if you've got any German or Scottish players on your bench, put them in your team now. You can always sub them out tomorrow if they score badly.

image.png.ad24179a824bb4ddeed0bc7eb1e2a243.png

Defenders that are most likely to score/assist or take set-pieces.

Goal-scoring midfielders and Calhanoglu that takes all the set-pieces and penalties.

Then just two flat-track bullies up front. Got three wingers that are likely to contribute.

Idk how did they manage to make Leao a forward, but Williams a midfielder.

Mbappe is too expensive and I couldn't decide which other French forward is most likely to contribute, so I didn't pick anyone.:D

3 hours ago, WillHoward42 said:

Me and my group of friends have done a fun team pick where we have restricted ourselves to one player per nation. As well as not picking anyone from the top 8 nations

So my team will probably look a little different to everyone elses :D

Nevermind. People bulked on the idea (which is a shame, it would have been fun)

So just limited ourselves to one player per nation

1 hour ago, thefmveteran86 said:

Was that 4 points for Neuer before Scotland got a consolation goal? He got 4pts for me after the game

Screenshot(2).png.fe1ac4bf5213b11df58f1f57858ef6da.png

It says 6, not 4.

Tap on the player and you'll see what they got their points for.

11 minutes ago, thefmveteran86 said:

So with you changing captain and/or sub the points for that player will be reduced? any reason because I thought you can change the subs every gameday or is it gameweek?

Reduced? What? If you sub someone out you lose their points, if you change captain, you lose the double bonus.

Decent start for me so far. Up to 30 points already.

Wirtz is on 20 points as captain, so no reason to change the captain this round. Two easy subs as well, as a couple of my defenders (Buorgiorno and Grimaldo) did not play.

Rules are not clearly explained on the website which is annoying. Especially regarding transfers. It did not make clear that you cannot transfer a player out from MD1 and for eg transfer in MD2. I did not include Mbappe or Ronaldo as I was under impression I could transfer them in after for eg Havertz has finished his game.

I have joined the league so not sure if I will be added in week 1.  I do like the fact this game is a bit different.  I captained Wirtz and have just stuck with him.  I still potentially have six players left to play if I use my bench players.

1 hour ago, ReggaeBwoy said:

Rules are not clearly explained on the website which is annoying. Especially regarding transfers. It did not make clear that you cannot transfer a player out from MD1 and for eg transfer in MD2. I did not include Mbappe or Ronaldo as I was under impression I could transfer them in after for eg Havertz has finished his game.

Unless i'm not understanding you, you can bring Mbappe/Ronaldo in for MD2 

Just now, Barry Cartman said:

Unless i'm not understanding you, you can bring Mbappe/Ronaldo in for MD2 

Yes, correct but I was thinking I could transfer them in for MD1. If I had known I could not, I would of had them both in my team for MD1.

Just now, ReggaeBwoy said:

Yes, correct but I was thinking I could transfer them in for MD1. If I had known I could not, I would of had them both in my team for MD1.

Not sure why you would think that :D 

14 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Not sure why you would think that :D 

Because on the rules it says your permitted two transfers in the matchday. It doesn't make clear from what I see that you cannot use these transfers within the matchday itself. Annoying.

1 hour ago, ReggaeBwoy said:

Because on the rules it says your permitted two transfers in the matchday. It doesn't make clear from what I see that you cannot use these transfers within the matchday itself. Annoying.

has any previous fantasy football game allowed this before?

Just now, WillHoward42 said:

Fair enough then, news to me :D

And Telegraph in fact. I have seen a lot of people asking similar questions. Personally think UEFA should have explained it in detail. They explained the subs well, but not transfers. 

2 hours ago, TheWednesday said:

Captained Lukaku, he's already missed a sitter. 

Same picked him over Mbappe. Plus pre tournie I had Theo and left him out because of potential injury and here he is starting. The two I brought in to redo the back line didn’t even play. :seagull:

10 hours ago, ReggaeBwoy said:

And Telegraph in fact. I have seen a lot of people asking similar questions. Personally think UEFA should have explained it in detail. They explained the subs well, but not transfers. 

UEFA has had these rules for perhaps literally 20 years, in both tournament fantasy football and Champions League fantasy football. I was in uni and it was already like this. I finished my course in 2009.

Edited by noikeee

15 hours ago, ReggaeBwoy said:

What I found strange was that they listed “transfer deadline” before some of the individual match days within MD1 when it should have said “subs deadline”. That threw me a bit, just assumed it was an error because it’s never been like that before.

Edited by HOORAY HENRIK

Knew I should have put Saliba in for Frimpong but didn't i as wasn't certain he'd start.

7pts less than I could have but still top for now.

Seeing people on TikTok saying use your Limitless for MD2 as it'll be the last time all the big players will play with easier fixtures, then others are saying wait for MD3 to move out all the ones who will be rested 

Anyone using Limitless for MD2? 

9 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Seeing people on TikTok saying use your Limitless for MD2 as it'll be the last time all the big players will play with easier fixtures, then others are saying wait for MD3 to move out all the ones who will be rested 

I was thinking MD3

32 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

Shouldn't it be limitless for MD2 then wildcard for MD3? Do you have unlimited trainers after the group stage anyway or no?

You can switch the entire team after the groups yes, but not during the knockouts. It's in the rules page:

Phase Number of free transfers
Before tournament starts Unlimited
During group stage 2 per matchday
Before round of 16 Unlimited
Before quarter-finals 3
Before semi-finals 4
Before final 5