Game 7: Serbia vs England from the Arena AufSchalke LIVE on BBC1 8pm

What will be the result?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/06/24 at 18:59

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

TAA obviously has all the technical qualities to play in midfield, but he looks out of place because he doesn't have enough experience playing there.
Doesn't know where to go off the ball to receive it, doesn't know which way to turn and pass as he's receiving it.

Could be great a year or two down the line, but a big risk in a tournament like this.

I absolutely agree with you, if I were Serbia, I'd be pressing as soon as he receives the ball. 

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Heartwork said:

I'd be thinking about Palmer for Foden and Eze for Bellingham (just to stop Serbia from injuring him) early in the second half.

Can't take Bellingham off yet. We're only one up.

Fodens been good. Good pressing, good shape. Done simple stuff with ball. When Saka/Bellingham on it, don’t need him to as well, just shape. It’s when they’re not on it, you will then want him to be in form that moment.

Not going to have everyone playing 10/10 every game. Each game, just need 3 of Kane / Saka / Bellingham / Rice / Foden to turn up and we’ll win. 

Edited by TalkSport

I don't really think you need to get Foden or Kane 'involved'. If get it to Saka and let him play is working, then just let it be. There'll be other games where Saka is **** and Foden/Kane are running things. That's how it is.

Bellingham and Saka standing out, as everyone is saying. Good half, no idea how good Serbia are but they've come into a bit but we are the better. Need a second though.

Southgate should have taken JWP instead of TAA if he wanted someone that can pass, TAA isn’t an international Full Back and he’s been awful as a midfielder 

I think it was a good performance but there weren't many actual chances. Beyond the goal, it was just Walker flashing the ball across goal. Can't think of anything else. Always going to be vulnerable to a corner or Serbia hoofing it to Mitrovic or something without more chances/goals

The most frustrating thing about this iteration of England is how Kane is still dropping all the way down in midfield as if it was still Henderson-Alli-Lingard trio playing. :D

The goal was scored because he pulled an extra man with him and opened space for Bellingham.

Every time England is getting into the area, he needds to be in it.

Just now, Zeonflux said:

Southgate should have taken JWP instead of TAA if he wanted someone that can pass, TAA isn’t an international Full Back and he’s been awful as a midfielder 

let me guess from your avatar - you think Mainoo should be playing instead?

I think it's been really good generally, they've managed to get Saka isolated against the full back which is crucial. Kane struggling to find his role in the side with everyone else occupying similar spaces, would just rather him stay forward.

I know he can do it, but we don't need him to link the play up here - in fact we're probably best he doesn't/

Edited by Bootador

Think TAA is better off playing at LB in this set up. Allows Wharton to sit next to Rice while Trent can come inside and play his passes.

Decent left foot too so that should be a plus as well.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

The most frustrating thing about this iteration of England is how Kane is still dropping all the way down in midfield as if it was still Henderson-Alli-Lingard trio playing. :D

The goal was scored because he pulled an extra man with him and opened space for Bellingham.

Every time England is getting into the area, he needds to be in it.

Really? Are we watching same game :D I feel like Kane hasn't been dropping deep at all

Bellingham playing like a man possessed and Saka is so, so good on the right.

1-0 is a horrible score - need a second and sorry but Foden isn't working on the left. I'd like to see Gordon or Eze if we manage to get a second. 

3 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

I don't really think you need to get Foden or Kane 'involved'. If get it to Saka and let him play is working, then just let it be. There'll be other games where Saka is **** and Foden/Kane are running things. That's how it is.

Kane wants to get invovled, foden does too being a "midfielder" and if he was actually staying wide, he'd have so much more about him but he's pushed inside, almost to the center spot on 4 or 5 occassions. There were 2 or 3 chances where we're crying out for someone at the backpost and he isnt there to be seen. All it takes is foden out of position and central and one attack down the right side where funnily enough they've created 2 chances from crosses. 

Trent has been largely fine hasn't he, covered well, made the pass for Saka's assist. Few loose passes but overall good

Edit: ignore me, it was Walkers pass :D The point still stands dammit!

Edited by Haguey

Just now, RTHerringbone said:

Bellingham playing like a man possessed and Saka is so, so good on the right.

1-0 is a horrible score - need a second and sorry but Foden isn't working on the left. I'd like to see Gordon or Eze if we manage to get a second. 

One alternative option is, if we get another goal before changes are made, take Bellingham off (I remain convinced he needs to come off once we're comfortable otherwise someone's gonna break his legs) and put Foden centrally to see how he does.

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

Trent has been largely fine hasn't he, covered well, made the pass for Saka's assist. Few loose passes but overall good

Mixed bag, he's done alright - I'm not convinced... Bellingham being everywhere has covered his defensive deficiencies somewhat.

(was Walker that made the pass fwiw)

Edited by Bootador

I don't think England have anything other than Saka to stretch play, which really affects the space our players get. The full backs don't really do that, Foden and Kane don't do that either. 

Shaw has to play if he's fit, Trippier does a great job considering his profile, but he really limits things. 

Why play Trent in midfield if there's nobody to hit? That is literally the point in him. If not, get Mainoo or Wharton in to keep the ball more safely.

And my god, Bellingham is a good midfielder. He moves like a dancer and is just solid. I'm gonna call it, he reminds me of Zidane sometimes. :ackter: