question regarding steam achievement

"one of our own"  ???  I thought i had to get youth team player through and then play them in the league? no ?  

I have good prospect DM, straight from youth ranks into back up first team, and given debut in league cup then Prem, but this achievement still hasn't activated, even after rebooting game and steam ? 

Am I missing something? he;s never been out on loan or anything..  

Also, sorry if in wrong place, feel free to move 

Edited by rinso

On 16/06/2024 at 00:04, rinso said:

"one of our own"  ???  I thought i had to get youth team player through and then play them in the league? no ?  

I have good prospect DM, straight from youth ranks into back up first team, and given debut in league cup then Prem, but this achievement still hasn't activated, even after rebooting game and steam ? 

Am I missing something? he;s never been out on loan or anything..  

Also, sorry if in wrong place, feel free to move 

No clue why it haven't popped for you, but looking at the stats over 70% of all FM24 owner have it, so it doesn't seems to be bugged.

image.png.71ceb624891ff509d38f931fefb804a2.png

I suspect this requires the player to be homegrown, ie 3 years 15-21, not just promoted through the ranks. This would mean a hot prospect bought in or a player promoted very young/quickly might not trigger it.

Edited by NineCloudNine

My experience of this was it needed to be a Newgen, when I debuted club trained players in season 1, I got nothing. Once a player from my first youth intake played his first game, it popped up.

8 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

I suspect this requires the player to be homegrown, ie 3 years 15-21, not just promoted through the ranks. This would mean a hot prospect bought in or a player promoted very young/quickly might not trigger it.

he shows as trained at club (0-21) though..