Game 10: Austria vs France live from the Düsseldorf Arena. ITV1 8pm

What will be the result?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/06/24 at 18:59

• Administrators
Just now, SouthCoastRed said:

The ref hopefully

Him too. :D 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, m_fenton said:

Ref's not lost it though? You can't just walk back onto the pitch after treatment and immediately collapse ffs.

tbf a smarter ref might have allowed the substitution when the ball went out of play so Mbappe didn't go and do that, but yeah, absolutely had to book him there

Just now, titchuk said:

Well he should've let them sub on when the ball went out of play.

Did he stop the subs? It looked like they wanted Mbappé to continue, brought another shirt, then changed their mind but by that point the game had restarted.

They had a window because Austria did manage to make a sub during that stoppage.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Mbappe, just going on and then lying down to stop the game. Yellow was correct but I didn't like it at all.

Don't be so ridiculous, that is not a red card in any universe.

If the ref had allowed the sub, when it was patently obvious that Mbappé has a badly broken nose and won't be able to play on, none of this would have happened.

Should be a stronger punishment though really, surprised subs and staff walking onto the pitch to stop a counter doesn't happen more often, same with knowingly putting a second ball on the pitch :D

• Administrators
1 minute ago, eenie said:

Don't be so ridiculous, that is not a red card in any universe.

You can't just enter the field of play though like that :D 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

You can't just enter the field of play though like that :D 

Ref should've allowed the sub earlier, Mbappe shouldn't have just waltzed on and sat down without the ref waving him on. Pure shithousery.

Just now, Smallen said:

Kanté has proper rolled back the years here hasn’t he. Great performance.

Playing in a retirement league means he doesn't have to over-exert himself on a weekly basis anymore

• Administrators

Good performance by Austria really. Quite a bit of work to do for France to find their form. 

This probably makes no sense but feels both a deserved victory but also fortunate :D They really should have scored more, but also lucky Austria missed their chances/cocked up good situations. That's how it goes though sometimes.

Wouldn't really call it a good game either, Austria had one great chance, but for the rest looked like they could've played for another 3 hours and not create anything. France just sat back and countered like they always do and missed so many chances it would make Lukaku proud.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, eenie said:

Yeah, give him a yellow. But it's never a red card.

Naturally but I am not going to forgive my bias on this occasion tbf :D Don't want us facing France if it can be helped.

Another really entertaining game. Not sure how many Weetabix the entire Austrian team had this morning but it must have been a lot.

I totally misjudged Kante. I assumed that his legs had gone and that Saudi would have rendered him irrelevant, but his energy, positioning and reading of the game were often excellent.

14 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Kante looked like the Kante of old tonight. He was everywhere. Maybe playing at lower intensity for 12 months has helped him out. 

Get Hendo in

42 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Apparently Mbappé is now possibly ruled out for the rest of the group stage. For a broken nose?!

I mean, it would keep most normal people off work for a fair while wouldn't it? There'll be possible concussion concerns, issues breathing while its swollen, and the risk of aggravating it further.

They're most likely through already given the silly format - they'll want him as fit as possible for the knockouts.

1 minute ago, m_fenton said:

I mean, it would keep most normal people off work for a fair while wouldn't it? There'll be possible concussion concerns, issues breathing while its swollen, and the risk of aggravating it further.

They're most likely through already given the silly format - they'll want him as fit as possible for the knockouts.

I guess it depends on the seriousness of the break.

I had a similar situation happen to me while playing football, pretty much fell on someone's elbow and broke my nose near the top.
Went to the ER, they just popped it back in and that was it. I don't even have a bump, looks the same.
Bleeding stopped after a couple of hours and aside for visible bruising under the eye, I had no issues whatosever. Took a couple of weeks to fully heal.

Playing football is obviously tricky due to all the heading and possibility of reaggravating the injury, even with the mask.

I have an exact parallel. When I was ten my sister broken my nose by pushing one of those pirate-ship swings at me in a pub garden and it clonked me right on the bridge of the nose.

Blood everywhere, a quick trip to hospital and I was back playing conkers before bedtime.

These elite level athletes don't know they're born. Pop a mask on if you must Kylian, but come on man.

Basically flattened his face on the defender's shoulder, didn't look like it was just slightly out of joint tbf (I am not a doctor etc). Was going to add one of the various photos doing the rounds, but not sure if there are rules against that sort of thing? Not as gruesome as some of the leg breaks etc you sometimes see, but not exactly pretty either :D

1 hour ago, RTHerringbone said:

Apparently Mbappé is now possibly ruled out for the rest of the group stage. For a broken nose?!

I'm guessing he may need surgery, or not to risk further damage while it heals itself. Something like that maybe?