Game 12: Portugal vs Czechia live from the Leipzig Stadium. BBC1 8pm

What will be the result?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/06/24 at 18:59

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafael Leao is just far too frustrating to watch. Picks the wrong option almost every time and has no left foot whatsoever. 

Probably bag a hat trick now though 

Anyone else find themselves watching Ronaldo all the time? 

His movement, or lack of it, his moaning, or lack of it - is just fascinating to watch. 

2 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Anyone else find themselves watching Ronaldo all the time? 

His movement, or lack of it, his moaning, or lack of it - is just fascinating to watch. 

A little bit. He was still one of the greatest players of all time tbf, whatever people might think of him as a person, your eyes can't help but be drawn to him.

Edited by Weezer

Danny Murphy :D

'Think it's just outside the box, right decision. There it is'

<Guida cards Rafa Leao for diving>

'Has he booked Leao for diving? Yeh great decision. Went over too easily'

3 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Danny Murphy :D

'Think it's just outside the box, right decision. There it is'

<Guida cards Rafa Leao for diving>

'Has he booked Leao for diving? Yeh great decision. Went over too easily'

I thought he'd turned into Peter Walton for a minute. :lol:

Really disappointed with Portugal here - think they need to change things up front in the 2nd half.  I think the Czechs will be quite happy so far.

I haven't been able to watch all of this one, but what I have seen has been by far the worst football of the tournament.

I get that the Czech's possibly feel they can't go toe to toe with Portugal, but having watched the earlier game, I'm not sure their games against Georgia and Turkey will be any "easier" to manage either.

Always thought back in the Rui Costa and Figo era that all Portugal needed was a striker and they'd be a great team, but they've had one of the greatest goalscorers in the history of the game for 20 years now and they're still boring as ****.

Just now, Astafjevs said:

Gary Lineker does not want to hear any more from Robyn Cowan :D

Toxic masculinity. :mad:

To be fair, I don't want to hear any more from these two either. Probably the BBC's weakest commentary duo - and that includes anything with Jenas.

7 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Worst first half of the tournament this so far, one quality bit of play that was offside anyway

First game I've watched this tournament, you're welcome :thup:

It's interesting because Portugal have been completely untroubled, but at the same time haven't offered much themselves. I do wonder if this system is some classic Bobby Martínez look at me overcoaching. 

Czech Republic have some decent players, but there's a clear talent gap. Do Portugal really need to be clever with a 3-4-3/3-4-2-1 where Cancelo is playing leftwingback but actually not playing leftwingback and instead playing central midfield? Just seems a bit pointless when you're better all over the pitch.

For such a stacked team, that was beyond boring.

Leao was easily getting through on the left only to do nothing and then the one time he had more space to run into, he decided to dive anyway.

9 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Worst first half of the tournament this so far, one quality bit of play that was offside anyway

1 minute ago, JD nawrat said:

First game I've watched this tournament, you're welcome :thup:

First half I've missed, I love my dog sometimes :D

3 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

It's interesting because Portugal have been completely untroubled, but at the same time haven't offered much themselves. I do wonder if this system is some classic Bobby Martínez look at me overcoaching. 

Czech Republic have some decent players, but there's a clear talent gap. Do Portugal really need to be clever with a 3-4-3/3-4-2-1 where Cancelo is playing leftwingback but actually not playing leftwingback and instead playing central midfield? Just seems a bit pointless when you're better all over the pitch.

I’m coming round to the Ancelotti school of just putting your best players in the right positions and mostly leaving them to it when you’ve got a vastly superior team.

How is Steve Clarke able to motivate anyone to do anything other than fall asleep? 

So so dull. 

Edited by Bliss Seeker

I don't think it was that bad, but too many bad crosses and lacking a bit of spark and connection between midfield and attack. 

Just keep pushing and let's see what happens.