Game 17: Denmark vs England live from the Frankfurt Arena. BBC1 5pm

What will be the result?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/24 at 15:59

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Haguey said:

The game has started lads you can start playing whenever

Looks like it was laid this morning the way it's cutting up as soon as anyone tries to turn quickly on it.

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

Trent not filling me with total confidence so far...

Unless he has a season of regularly playing that position at club level, I don't think this will work. Last time he played CM consistently was when he was about 15/16 years old.

Just now, Darius1998 said:

Unless he has a season of regularly playing that position at club level, I don't think this will work. Last time he played CM consistently was when he was about 15/16 years old.

Hope we don't give him that season. It's clearly where he wants to be, but he's not good enough there. Clunky.

Trent not filling me with total confidence so far...

Na he looks lost at times, though it genuinely makes little sense to me playing someone who has spent 99% of his career at RB in midfield for a major tournament.

Dunno how much he played there for Liverpool this season but it does seem a risk sticking him there for a tournament when he's done like 2 games there for the NT...

Just now, Haguey said:

Dunno how much he played there for Liverpool this season but it does seem a risk sticking him there for a tournament when he's done like 2 games there for the NT...

Unless you count second half tactical switches, I don't think he started there at all (maybe I've forgotten a game). 

"Inverted" there plenty but never actually played as an out and out midfielder.

Positioning off the ball isn't great. Looks far too easy to get at our back 4 with 2 or 3 simple passes.

Hopefully the TAA midfield experiment ends soon, he's just not a natural at key facets of the game you need in that position 

Pretty much never. Technically, he does end up in midfield from RB but I don't think he ever started there.

4 minutes ago, Darius1998 said:

He's really good as long as he's facing the opposition's goal. He's struggling with receiving it facing our goal, as you'd expect from a right back tbh. 

Kinda obvious... but letting an 11 month old play with the remote control as a toy during the football isn't a good idea. She rewound the game just as Kane was scoring and then nearly subscribed to Netflix!

Edited by Matthew Le God

Yeah. For all the things he can do, he's just not great at receiving the ball in a tight space in the middle of the pitch, turning on the ball and knowing where all the low risk options are and how to find them

Which ironically is the thing Mainoo and Wharton are excellent at

Not gonna lie, I think Trent might offer a bit more at left back than Trippier too...