Game 17: Denmark vs England live from the Frankfurt Arena. BBC1 5pm

What will be the result?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/24 at 15:59

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Pukey said:

I know Southgate deserves some criticism, but some of the individual performances have been utter, utter gash regardless of tactics.

Yeah. Not the manager that's making Rice look like he has the footballing ability of a League One goalkeeper. Not often you think he should come off to improve the control of the midfield

Thank **** Guehi's turned up

Just now, Pukey said:

I know Southgate deserves some criticism, but some of the individual performances have been utter, utter gash regardless of tactics.

Because when you set out with a lack of intensity and tempo it breeds **** performances. 

• Administrators

Not sure where that @Smallen post is about the 1-1 finish but I feel like I should have listened and saved myself the agony. 

This is a side like we see in prem where they’re poorly coached. No idea on how to press, no idea how to deal with a press, no movement on and off the ball.

We’ll go deep again, but that will be on individual talent, not on a coherent style of play.

Just now, TalkSport said:

This is a side like we see in prem where they’re poorly coached. No idea on how to press, no idea how to deal with a press, no movement on and off the ball.

We’ll go deep again, but that will be on individual talent, not on a coherent style of play.

Reminds me of Utd

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

Players have been dreadful. But i dont actually understand the system we're trying to play and neither do the players it seems

Honestly it's like Southgate has lost a couple of players at the last minute and simply not considered at all how to adapt to the new reality

1 minute ago, arenaross said:

Yeh it's over isn't it?

A tournament too far for Southgate. He looks lost, the players look lost. 

It's ok though, Denmark are awful :D

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Players have been dreadful. But i dont actually understand the system we're trying to play and neither do the players it seems

Says a lot when top class players look lost.

5 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Just want to point out when United’s players were gash it was all down to ETH’s tactics not the players

I said before kick-off I'd be fine with a draw... but it's hard to take any positives from this performance. Too slow, too negative, and Southgate's subs have been baffling.

We should still win the group from here, but it just feels like we're sleepwalking into a penalty shoot-out defeat to Austria in the last 16.

Edited by CFuller

I know we played dour stuff before, but it felt like in previous tournaments everyone know what their job was and it seemed decently structured. This is just a mess, combined with some utterly woeful individual performances (and yes I know the coaching can explain poor individual performances to an extent)

• Administrators

Can’t even play out of defence. Worst performance in years, this. 

If this group of players are all playing awful, I don't think it's a personel problem. I know I defended Southgate the other night based on his past success and one deflected ball into Bellingham, but England have looked shocking this tournament. 

2 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Honestly it's like Southgate has lost a couple of players at the last minute and simply not considered at all how to adapt to the new reality

He didn't think the loss of pace out wide up front through, but then most people were happy with that...

3 minutes ago, arenaross said:

Yeh it's over isn't it?

A tournament too far for Southgate. He looks lost, the players look lost. 

Italy at Wembley probably the best chance we'll ever have to see England win a tournament. Qatar 22 should have been the last dance and we actually produced a really good performance against France when it matter and fine margins and all that. But yes, it's over. And Southgate looks like he knows its over.

Just now, kopsy101 said:

If this group of players are all playing awful, I don't think it's a personel problem. I know I defended Southgate the other night based on his past success and one deflected ball into Bellingham, but England have looked shocking this tournament. 

The what?

:D