Games 25 and 26: Switzerland vs Germany live from the Frankfurt Arena BBC2 8pm AND Scotland vs Hungary live from the Stuttgart Arena BBC1 8pm

What will be the result?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

• Switzerland win
    • Draw
    • Germany win
  2. 2. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/06/24 at 18:59

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eenie said:

Absolute shambles from the medics when the players are having to get the stretcher onto the pitch.

Yeah it's a major tournament, absolutely disgraceful. UEFA just don't care about anyone's welfare.

Just now, Weezer said:

What even happened? Did Gunn catch him on his way out?

They showed just one replay, I was focused on Gunn, but it looks like he clattered his own defender. Definitely didn't punch him.

Could be a knee, but I didn't see properly.

Just now, Weezer said:

What even happened? Did Gunn catch him on his way out?

Think he collided with a Scottish player but not the GK. Gunn actually clattered into one of his own players.

1 minute ago, georginho_juventusygr said:

Couldn't see it clearly from the replays...

Same here, I assumed the keeper hit him somehow, but from the one replay I saw, the GK wasn't close enough. Hope he's alright. 

He was in all sorts of trouble. Someone asked if he was fitting, looked like he was "fencing", which you tend to do when you've had a heavy impact to the head and lost consciousness. The medical team lumbering on is a joke

It didn't look like there was any contact. So horrible to see another incident like that. The medical staff should have come on with more urgency, given the situation.

2 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Yeah it's a major tournament, absolutely disgraceful. UEFA just don't care about anyone's welfare.

Fans, players, whoever. What has to happen for UEFA to show any basic decency?

Edited by CFuller

12 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I'm honestly amazed how can a nation that loves football as much as Scotland have zero technically gifted players for like 20 years now.

It's 2024 and this team is living up to all the 1980s stereotypes about traditional hoofball.

This is so wrong. We have quite a few technically gifted players and we've had plenty of them over the years you speak of. The issue is that the SFA isn't fit for purpose, our domestic league is a shambles and we lack the all-round infrastructure to actually do anything half decent.

You can't be serious if you look at people like Gilmour, McGregor, Tierney, Robertson, McGinn etc and say Scotland have no technically gifted players. We've not had any top, top tier, world class talents, sure, but not everyone does :D it's not surprising that we haven't produced our own Messi or Ronaldo or even Modric. But we produce some very good players, just not enough.

Just now, JD nawrat said:

This is so wrong. We have quite a few technically gifted players and we've had plenty of them over the years you speak of. The issue is that the SFA isn't fit for purpose, our domestic league is a shambles and we lack the all-round infrastructure to actually do anything half decent.

You can't be serious if you look at people like Gilmour, McGregor, Tierney, Robertson, McGinn etc and say Scotland have no technically gifted players. We've not had any top, top tier, world class talents, sure, but not everyone does :D it's not surprising that we haven't produced our own Messi or Ronaldo or even Modric. But we produce some very good players, just not enough.

I meant for this top level.

McGinn is a great player, but he's just a powerhouse. You don't give him the ball to dictate the tempo. I guess Gilmour can get there.

This team desperately needs a proper playmaker to control the game.

That's not a pen, he just stopped on purpose to get hit by a defender and even pulled him down.

Missed about 10 minutes doing something, blimey its all happened. Hope the Hungarian lad is okay because it looked bad, and the pen call... I have seen softer ones given lets say that

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

He was in all sorts of trouble. Someone asked if he was fitting, looked like he was "fencing", which you tend to do when you've had a heavy impact to the head and lost consciousness. The medical team lumbering on is a joke

Hadn’t heard of that term before but that seems to be pretty spot on. His arms went stiff immediately upon landing, and looked to be having a fit/retching.

1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

He jumps in front of the defender, no pen

Think he plays for the pen, but on this occasion, the defender does actually foul him

players really need to stop trying to win pens instead of just… scoring. You were clean though lad and then bizarrely tried to jump in front of the defender :D 

4 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

They showed just one replay, I was focused on Gunn, but it looks like he clattered his own defender. Definitely didn't punch him.

Could be a knee, but I didn't see properly.

4 minutes ago, Rebs said:

Think he collided with a Scottish player but not the GK. Gunn actually clattered into one of his own players.

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Gunn caught him with his elbow on the way out. 

Happened so quick on the only replay I saw I couldn’t tell, and don’t really want to watch it again.

Yeah I don't think that's a pen and I thought that on first viewing. He's only interesting in trying to win a pen and jumps in front of the defender to try and win it. He's not just shielding the ball either. Can see why some might think it's a pen as he is entitled to try and protect the ball somewhat, but for me he's initiating the contact.

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Yeah I said to the Mrs it's the fencing position, usually a sign of serious head trauma. The replay did not seem to show any head contact but someone in here said elbow on the way out. Either way it seems serious, fingers crossed he is okay.

The players having to drag the medical team/stretcher over is a genuine embarrassment. 

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

players really need to stop trying to win pens instead of just… scoring. You were clean though lad and then bizarrely tried to jump in front of the defender :D 

Yeah I have very, very limited sympathy with any players who are clean through but are only interested in trying to win a penalty. Even if it was technically a foul I just think why on earth is your thought to try and get a penalty instead of just having a shot?

Can't remember if France 2016 had any issues but that is two tournaments in a row for UEFA that have been a complete shambles security wise, and they have had a disgrace of a Champions League final in between