FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

7 hours ago, nusknvp said:

Thinking about the new graphics engine, what if we've already had a glimpse of the game's new look—at least in terms of animations—right in front of us?

Hear me out. Miles mentioned they've been working with Unity since 2020, right? We’ve had 3-4 iterations of the game since then, with... slight graphical improvements. What if the focus has been on Unity since then, which seems logical, and the graphical/animation improvements we've seen over the past few years were just transferred from the work being done on the new match graphics/animations in parallel?

We have those new animations in FM24. Imagine we get those same animations with slightly better ball physics and somewhat ''shiny'' graphics lol. It's like a horror story.

Haha would send the community into meltdown.

Delays, removal of features etc for no improvement?  Not a chance in my opinion. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 часов назад, nusknvp сказал:

Hear me out. Miles mentioned they've been working with Unity since 2020, right? We’ve had 3-4 iterations of the game since then, with... slight graphical improvements

I thought about that too. I'd like to believe that this was a downgrade animation transfer. As if they have modern animation, whose developments they transfer to the old engine, which is only capable of displaying part.

However, now I am prepared for any turn of events. I find it disgusting to say "information will be at the end of the second quarter" and do it on the last day. Then say "at the end of September" and do it again on the last day. Say this date already, what is the point of all this suspense.

10 hours ago, nusknvp said:

Thinking about the new graphics engine, what if we've already had a glimpse of the game's new look—at least in terms of animations—right in front of us?

Hear me out. Miles mentioned they've been working with Unity since 2020, right? We’ve had 3-4 iterations of the game since then, with... slight graphical improvements. What if the focus has been on Unity since then, which seems logical, and the graphical/animation improvements we've seen over the past few years were just transferred from the work being done on the new match graphics/animations in parallel?

We have those new animations in FM24. Imagine we get those same animations with slightly better ball physics and somewhat ''shiny'' graphics lol. It's like a horror story.

I´m thinking along the same lines. What if the images that started being released for FM23 and 24 are taken from the work on the new Unity engine?

fm23_2.jpg.9f067e9871fe3550b6a65baa39c9304c.jpgfm23.jpg.9a3b9b43f78e4658885afb39ba265b9f.jpg

I especially found this picture for FM24 almost like a teaser. We have been told that they are working on a new engine with improved graphics for a few years and then a picture like this is released. Could this be a sign of things to come?

fm24.thumb.jpg.10b51cc714f4eabfaac97e14ff9dbbb2.jpg

The wait for at least some news, an announcement, or information has really dragged on. There's quite a bit of silence on the official channels as well. In any case, I wouldn't give much attention to the leaks about the in and out of possession roles, but if they are true, I hope they are somehow more logically conceived. So, we're waiting for Monday then.

1 hour ago, Robbie Hood said:

I´m thinking along the same lines. What if the images that started being released for FM23 and 24 are taken from the work on the new Unity engine?

fm23_2.jpg.9f067e9871fe3550b6a65baa39c9304c.jpgfm23.jpg.9a3b9b43f78e4658885afb39ba265b9f.jpg

I especially found this picture for FM24 almost like a teaser. We have been told that they are working on a new engine with improved graphics for a few years and then a picture like this is released. Could this be a sign of things to come?

fm24.thumb.jpg.10b51cc714f4eabfaac97e14ff9dbbb2.jpg

If this would be the case… Sheesh I need to upgrade the laptop asap 😂

Just now, Robbie Hood said:

I´m probably way off. We probably won`t be getting high end graphics like these for FM25, but the delay is causing me to speculate more than i should.

From what i’m seeing here for the last weeks/months, you’re certainly not alone in doing so 😅

1 hour ago, whatsupdoc said:

I'm presuming internationals will still be in the game just managed by the AI, I don't imagine major leagues going to have a random month off mid-season with no fixtures.

Yeah this has been confirmed I’m pretty sure. Internationals still there just can’t play them 

1 hour ago, whatsupdoc said:

I'm presuming internationals will still be in the game just managed by the AI, I don't imagine major leagues going to have a random month off mid-season with no fixtures.

That would indeed be the case from what had been mentioned in early September.

2 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

This was confirmed in the latest update from Miles, he wrote:

It will continue to exist in FM25, FM25 Console and FM25 Touch as part of the wider simulation of world football, it just won’t be playable. 

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/development-update-football-manager-25-0

So it is there as, I would presume, normal, you just won't be able to actively manage a nation.

2 ore fa, XaW ha scritto:

This was confirmed in the latest update from Miles, he wrote:

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/development-update-football-manager-25-0

So it is there as, I would presume, normal, you just won't be able to actively manage a nation.

And I have sadly to say that this tell us a lot about human vs AI difference in the game. 

they always said us that game have no difference for human or ai manager. 

unluckly AI manager have at the same time less need of human’s chain (like staff, ai often uses a very limited ones, training etcc) and too basic behavior to manage in right way a team. 

that add a sense of just cosmetic features that often i sense about the game. 

like players’ attributes or players’ traits. I’m pretty sure that a lot of them doesn’t work in the game.

I don’t know if someone try some experiment in the last editions, but i had tríed at Fm08 (or 7 o 9 i dont remember) and i post it, where clearly show that clubs’ reputacion was an huge factor in game results: i put some youngs weak players (hungarian of 50 - 90 CA) in serie A team (Juve if I remember right), getting rid of all their better players and they reach an top half table position. 

so, that for say that if they cancelled some features to made the works all better, for me It’s ok. 

2 minutes ago, decapitated said:

CDN media

It's that frog again! Is he the Tokyo game show mascot or for Football Manager only?

It has managed to wake from its drunken stupor though.

Ok, guys, so what do we know so far from this expected big announcement:

1. Our beloved game, named since 2005 as Football Manager, now is called... Football Manager...

2. And we got a mascot - crazy Frog

That way too much for a weekend! Good night 😉

After reviewing Miles' latest development update again, I'm not sure if we can expect anything more tomorrow besides the game's release date. It seems like what everyone is waiting for will only start arriving in the following days.

The only thing that worries me is the possibility that SI will follow the capitalist logic of microtransactions, or at least that’s how I interpret the announcement that managing national teams in FM26 will be available as part of the base game. I also hope that the game’s price remains somewhat affordable and doesn’t increase, either now or in the future.

9 minutes ago, SlobaFMB said:

The only thing that worries me is the possibility that SI will follow the capitalist logic of microtransactions, or at least that’s how I interpret the announcement that managing national teams in FM26 will be available as part of the base game. I also hope that the game’s price remains somewhat affordable and doesn’t increase, either now or in the future.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over that. There's been nothing to even raise the spectre of micro transactions and if anything it seems to me like the gaming industry as a whole is just starting to realise the error of its capitalist ways. I'd much rather see SI take a route towards being a "Sports Sim Larian". Look after your customers and reap the benefits. Take them for granted and well....Ubisoft. 

Edited by janrzm

We're here ladies and gentlemen. It's exactly 23:18 London time. All "what ifs" aside, tomorrow we will have a better idea whether the future of our beloved escapism tool is bright or not. Good night and good luck to us all! :Bowen:

1 час назад, kiwityke1983 сказал:

Let's pray for the mods in that case because the meltdown will be epic.

They can always refuse their heavy burden. This is a SI forum, not the property of the moderators, as it may sometimes seem

So when the time comes tomorrow, my guess is we will get only a screenshot of the English Premier League screen (which will look just like pre FM25), and them telling what the Premier League is and how revolutionary this license is to the entire game.

Then, they will also announce that Feeder clubs will be removed and reintroduced at FM26. The FM 'fans' will then flood this thread complaining about Women's Football as the culprit.

And finally, they will say further announcements will be made at the end of October.

Just don’t get too excited for today folks. It’ll probably only be the release anouncement. Their last development update clearly stated:

Firstly, we've had to shift the official announcement of FM25 to the end of September. The gameplay focus period will follow soon thereafter.

31 minutes ago, Kevinho7 said:

Just don’t get too excited for today folks. It’ll probably only be the release anouncement. Their last development update clearly stated:

Firstly, we've had to shift the official announcement of FM25 to the end of September. The gameplay focus period will follow soon thereafter.

Yeah, most likely we'll see what the roadmap looks like towards release day.

47 minutes ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

So…today is the day. 

Hopefully we get to actually see the new graphics engine. But if we don’t see anything then it’s safe to say the game isn’t in a good state.

Good luck team FM! 

40 minutes ago, Kevinho7 said:

If all we get is a release date and not even screenshots etc then whoever does SI's marketing strategy didn't get far past treat them mean keep them keen in his marketing 101 book.

As for the graphics people are building themselves up for huge disappointment IMO.

Some people are seemingly expecting photo realism (especially over on Reddit). I'm personally expecting a bit better than what we've had previously.

Amazingly enough, even if they do just give a release date and open pre-orders, you don't actually have to pre-order if you don't want to.  Mad isn't it?

The ultimate product isn't going to be any different if they release a full rundown of features tomorrow, or if they do it in mid November.  And neither will the reaction, as I expect no matter what happens today, you're going to get plenty of people absolutely seething.  Over nothing.

Im expecting a full reveal, with features , screens maybe a clip or 2..

It's a new game, not Football Manager 25 so they can get away with just the announcement.
And it was already announced wasn't it?

26 minuti fa, forameuss ha scritto:

Amazingly enough, even if they do just give a release date and open pre-orders, you don't actually have to pre-order if you don't want to.  Mad isn't it?

The ultimate product isn't going to be any different if they release a full rundown of features tomorrow, or if they do it in mid November.  And neither will the reaction, as I expect no matter what happens today, you're going to get plenty of people absolutely seething.  Over nothing.

Bro, i could write your comments even before you think them tbf. You're repeating the same things over and over again. I share your same opinion, pre-ordering in 2024 is something people should never do and a lot of people will be disgruntled about today news but you know those comments are useless. People love hearing news and following the steps of something they love. I do wanna know more cause i always try to take the best decision and you can't without even a screenshot of the game

Edited by Andrew Marines

17 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

"We previously stated that we would be confirming FM25’s release date at the beginning of September (with pre-orders starting at the same time), closely followed by our gameplay rollout period. 

Firstly, we've had to shift the official announcement of FM25 to the end of September. The gameplay focus period will follow soon thereafter."

They might announce more, but this is literally what the dev update says. We all want to see as much as possible, as soon as possible. I'd love more information, but the above is what the dev update says. Hopefully we get a screenshot or two, but I am certainly not expecting it.

I'm prepared for the minimum, as you say, they only said release date and pre order info. That said, with all the backlash and negativity from the fan base so far, I'd pull the trigger on revealing more info today, but obviously I don't work at SI.