FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

If my other CB is 6'1 and has a jumping reach of 12, and Frog Frogerson is 5'8 but has a jumping reach of 20. Who wins?

If you have Frog Frogerson, Evolution wins but Humanity loses.

Edited by KillYourIdols

3 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Also, Can we please Have Frog Frogerson as a Newgen name please SI. Face in the Game may be a push, but i'd have Frog Frogerson as a name.

All fun and games until he goes AWOL from training after being spotted outside a Tokyo nightclub in the early hours of the morning

The more I think about it the less I think there will be anything at all today apart from pre-orders and release date announcement. 

They've pushed things back multiple times and prepared us to be dissapointed in the dev updates. To think they'd now be ready to show things at this 'early' stage is, as the kids say, pure copium. 

1 minute ago, Craigus89 said:

The more I think about it the less I think there will be anything at all today apart from pre-orders and release date announcement. 

They've pushed things back multiple times and prepared us to be dissapointed in the dev updates. To think they'd now be ready to show things at this 'early' stage is, as the kids say, pure copium. 

If they want to start getting pre orders in they need to put some real meat on the bones

3 minutes ago, Craigus89 said:

Frog Frogerson is Everywhere

copium.webp.3865a6ffdf8a428454f44af34d0433df.webp

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

"We previously stated that we would be confirming FM25’s release date at the beginning of September (with pre-orders starting at the same time), closely followed by our gameplay rollout period. 

Firstly, we've had to shift the official announcement of FM25 to the end of September. The gameplay focus period will follow soon thereafter."

They might announce more, but this is literally what the dev update says. We all want to see as much as possible, as soon as possible. I'd love more information, but the above is what the dev update says. Hopefully we get a screenshot or two, but I am certainly not expecting it.

I am aware of this and yet I am fully expecting to be disappointed.

1 минуту назад, decapitated сказал:

I'm amazed he's actually a mascot for FM25 as opposed to one for the games show as a whole as I previously thought. :eek:

It's so ridiculous. It's like all the costumes have been taken and only the frog is left. The famous football amphibian :confused:

18 minutes ago, Os said:

If they want to start getting pre orders in they need to put some real meat on the bones

I think the profile of players who use this forum and post in this thread in particular are in an enormous minority, and pre-orders will have been barely affected by any of this recent stuff that we think is a big-deal.

3 minutes ago, armbi said:

Naah, they don't. They know exactly how the community gets excited just by waiting, by every little piece of information that there will be orders anyway, this is called monopoly privilege

People always post-rationalize those types of things by believing they are 'supporting' the title by pre-ordering blind. (Which, of course, other than with indy developers, they are not)

5 минут назад, GIMN сказал:

The frog is Ippei-kun.  The mascot for Ehime FC, and unofficial mascot for Japan in the 2018 World Cup.

This is starting to make some sense. Although there are more questions than answers

Изображение

4 minutes ago, jmlima said:

People always post-rationalize those types of things by believing they are 'supporting' the title by pre-ordering blind. (Which, of course, other than with indy developers, they are not)

I had the same thing for many years. I have been playing FM from the very beginning and for many years later I said that I would not order it this year, and then I bought my beloved game. It was only the last two versions that I skipped the dozen or so years of my "managerial career". Unfortunately, this game has no competition on the market and I would compare it to your own child - maybe ugly and disobedient, but its is your child

12 minuti fa, armbi ha scritto:

I had the same thing for many years. I have been playing FM from the very beginning and for many years later I said that I would not order it this year, and then I bought my beloved game. It was only the last two versions that I skipped the dozen or so years of my "managerial career". Unfortunately, this game has no competition on the market and I would compare it to your own child - maybe ugly and disobedient, but its is your child

It was the same also for me until I didn't start to play RTS and 4X games: I discovered I enjoy them better and I play them, waiting that they will fix FM properly.

I bought FM24 after I skipped 22 and 23, didn't see any improvement in the gameplay and after just 90 hours of playing, I went back to Crusader Kings 3. 😄

Edited by Proz

Despite my certain disappointment by today's announcement...I will buy FM and probably pre-order it.

I've played it for decades at this point and that has always been one constant in my life. Whether I was in primary school, secondary school, in love, going through a break up, after finishing my playing career, through college, through depression, after losing my grandparents, and even now when I am the happiest I ever was...Football Manager has always been there and I hope it will always be here.

I trust Miles (ugh) to not ruin it. He is so stubborn to a fault but sometimes that is for the good of the game. 

Yes, I am the problem.

6 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Despite my certain disappointment by today's announcement...I will buy FM and probably pre-order it.

I've played it for decades at this point and that has always been one constant in my life. Whether I was in primary school, secondary school, in love, going through a break up, after finishing my playing career, through college, through depression, after losing my grandparents, and even now when I am the happiest I ever was...Football Manager has always been there and I hope it will always be here.

I trust Miles (ugh) to not ruin it. He is so stubborn to a fault but sometimes that is for the good of the game. 

Yes, I am the problem.

I bought every single game since CM 99/00 so im def buying this one too.

Don’t let your excitement run wild, folks. I'm expecting today's announcement to include a short video with real life highlights 
from the licensed leagues and women's football, accompanied by motivational mottos and that's it. No gameplay,
no ingame footage.

6 minutes ago, megapit1991 said:

Don’t let your excitement run wild, folks. I'm expecting today's announcement to include a short video with real life highlights 
from the licensed leagues and women's football, accompanied by motivational mottos and that's it. No gameplay,
no ingame footage.

I'm expecting that with an added extra of a roadmap for future reveals with the first one being later this week. I wouldn't be surprised if it's less than that but I also wouldn't be surprised if it were more than that.

36 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Yes, I am the problem.

29 minutes ago, andu1 said:

I bought every single game since CM 99/00 so im def buying this one too.

I've been playing CM/FM since the very first one.

I'll 100% be buying FM25.

1 minute ago, kiwityke1983 said:

that's what I said before - it's not that easy to just break up this journey...

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

The frog is Ippei-kun.  The mascot for Ehime FC, and unofficial mascot for Japan in the 2018 World Cup.

Sega and SI should leap at the opportunity to sell Ehime FC kits with FM25 sponsorship and your choice of Ippei-kun or Frog Frogerson printed on the back

I would purchase in a heartbeat (especially given Japanese teams' kits are hard/expensive to buy outside of Japan!)

2 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Sega and SI should leap at the opportunity to sell Ehime FC kits with FM25 sponsorship and your choice of Ippei-kun or Frog Frogerson printed on the back

I would purchase in a heartbeat (especially given Japanese teams' kits are hard/expensive to buy outside of Japan!)

What about if we Chip £5 Each in for a FMFC kit with "Frogerson" on the back and Miles wears it for Charity at a rather Dignified Shirt and Suit Charity Event?

29 September: Hopefully we will get a full roadmap of FM25, some gameplays and new exciting features.

30 September: FMwhat? Let's see how Frog Frogerson brush his teeth.

Life is unexpectedly funny sometimes.

7 minutes ago, armbi said:

that's what I said before - it's not that easy to just break up this journey...

Exactly I've played every version of the game I even owned the Football Manager Quiz some I played a lot some less so but I'm buying it because in the grand scheme of things 25-30 quid isn't that much and I'd miss it if I didn't.

6 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

What about if we Chip £5 Each in for a FMFC kit with "Frogerson" on the back and Miles wears it for Charity at a rather Dignified Shirt and Suit Charity Event?

Only if Miles wears the frog head too!

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

"We previously stated that we would be confirming FM25’s release date at the beginning of September (with pre-orders starting at the same time), closely followed by our gameplay rollout period. 

Firstly, we've had to shift the official announcement of FM25 to the end of September. The gameplay focus period will follow soon thereafter."

They might announce more, but this is literally what the dev update says. We all want to see as much as possible, as soon as possible. I'd love more information, but the above is what the dev update says. Hopefully we get a screenshot or two, but I am certainly not expecting it.

If all we're getting is an announcement, they shouldn't be taking pre-orders today. 

34 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Same here, although if there's no beta this year (High possibility with the high pressure to get this out for full release day), I don't see any benefit of pre ordering. Might as well just wait for release and see what people's initial thoughts are. 

4 minutes ago, DaveMUFC said:

Might as well just wait for release and see what people's initial thoughts are. 

That's what I going to do. Must see if it's worth playing and being nervous as it's brand new match engine. I skipped two titles and wainting another year shouldn't be that tough.