FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

1 minute ago, Dan Sheppard said:

Have you checked the specs on the Steam Store page? This will be the source of truth and in terms of even the min specs, there hasn't been a huge jump from 24.

I just seen it on Passion 4 fm site. will my specs on my pc be ok  Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz   3.91 GHz 16.0 GB 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, latrell said:

I just seen it on Passion 4 fm site. will my specs on my pc be ok  Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz   3.91 GHz 16.0 GB 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.

This is above the minimum required so will be fine in terms of a processor.

3 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

From steam:

image.png.613de99b4bbfc6c22184d1e8399c37f5.png

The release of new 3d match engine will always improve the minimum requirements. 20GB is available space isn't that big, NBA 2k consumes over 100GB of disk space for example. It's a huge release year, the major one in years. I'm a little bit more patient and compressive with that situation because I'm also a software developer and know how tough big software updates can be for project delivery

46 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Which would have been great had he done that on the announcement rather than twitter or whatever space Karen is calling it this week.

Not everyone will see him saying this.

But he wouldn't be the centre of attention if he put it on the announcement earlier. This way he gets to see all the replies saying 'love the game Miles, looks amazing!!!' and 'can't wait to buy it, best version of FM ever!!!'. 

1 minute ago, Dan Sheppard said:

This is above the minimum required so will be fine in terms of a processor.

Fantastic thanks Dan you have genuinely just made my day :)

31 minutes ago, Craigus89 said:

The profiles are definitely mock-ups. You can see it if you click through them on steam. There are little alignment movements looking at various parts of the profile.

Fran Kirby isn't 188cm tall.

She doesn't play in the EPL.

Evan Ferguson isn't a wing back. 

Player profile screen says Fri 23 Aug in the top ribbon, but training window suggests it is a different date.

Clearly a rush job to get something out, which, even though we know they are struggling with timescales, is worrying if even these are messed up. 

Wow that's pretty awful. Especially when the game releases next month. They should at least have basic profiles ready considering it's been worked on for 2 years 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

image.png.c6886cd4ff31687287ca0cfa0dd9cb3d.png

I try to remain positive about things, and I know this is still officially a WIP, but christ, this is a kick in the teeth to consumers who have been promised that the game has been 'redesigned from the ground up'. It just looks like an even duller screen than we've always had. They had a real chance to make something much more visually appealing, and THIS is what it's likely to be? Very poor, if so. 

I agree - i don't know why SI didn't work with some of the brilliant skinners over on the skinning forum and come up with something really quite appealing. Rather than it looking like some cheap mobile game

Just now, snowofman said:

VPN - welcome to 2024 ;) 

They will fine anyone who uses VPN in 50,000R$ = More or less 8,000 or 9,000 euros. Welcome to Brazil!

Just now, kiwityke1983 said:

Space Karen folded like a pack of cards and gave in to the judges so it's back I thought.

Is it not?

Not yet, they need to pay more fines until the government gives their ok.

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I try to remain positive about things, and I know this is still officially a WIP, but christ, this is a kick in the teeth to consumers who have been promised that the game has been 'redesigned from the ground up'. It just looks like an even duller screen than we've always had. They had a real chance to make something much more visually appealing, and THIS is what it's likely to be? Very poor, if so. 

Plus, this is something that they've been working on for over a year. The usual annual development cycle excuse doesn't apply in this case. 

The fact that they couldn't take real screenshots of player profiles and had to get a designer to mock them up seven weeks before launch is tantamount to their studio being on fire. 

It looks poor. They haven't bought me yet. For the first time I will refrain from buying it. In fm24 they promised good AI and it turned out poorly. I've been playing FM since 1997 and I wouldn't want to end up in 2024.

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I still expect them to somehow take the opportunity to integrate 3d player models and more graphics into the UI. It's the only reason I can find for there to be so many acres of empty estate. I mean, that tiny, tiny head-shot? Looks something out of FM 11. They MUST have something better than this after 3 years of development. I mean, yeah, they have a monopoly but even then you sometimes have to provide the bare minimums.

1 minute ago, renato. said:

They will fine anyone who uses VPN in 50,000R$ = More or less 8,000 or 9,000 euros. Welcome to Brazil!

ouch!

10 minuti fa, renato. ha scritto:

Make a new government.

7 minutes ago, jmlima said:

I mean, yeah, they have a monopoly

Unlike EA with the Madden franchise, when they snapped up the NFL licence to prevent everyone else (especially 2K) from releasing other NFL games, then went on to have an actual monopoly releasing sub-standard games every year since, the only reason FM has this 'monopoly' is because nobody else has been able to compete with them - and there's absolutely nothing stopping anyone from doing so. So, if SI do have this monopoly on the football management scene, it's not because they've prevented others from competing. Therefore, there is no reason for them to not try and make the game the best they can. 

It seems they are trying to make a game that makes them more money by appealing to a larger demographic. But in attempting it (first attempt admittedly) they are making the game worse. This company was built on making a game they wanted to play and love. This doesn’t feel like a loved game. Their strengths are in statistics and database……clearly not in anything cosmetic as its making my eyes bleed.

7 minutos atrás, Dbuk1 disse:

It seems they are trying to make a game that makes them more money by appealing to a larger demographic. But in attempting it (first attempt admittedly) they are making the game worse. This company was built on making a game they wanted to play and love. This doesn’t feel like a loved game. Their strengths are in statistics and database……clearly not in anything cosmetic as its making my eyes bleed.

True. clearly looks like a midle finger to the old pc demographic. 

if they want to get more platforms that fine but build different UIs to each one. no this lazy work.

So less than two months to release and what they can produce is a mocked screenshot of a player profile? In my opinion a worse looking player profile than the current one. Boy…

Edited by Fat_Frank8

I've got a feeling this is going to be a "F**k it I think we've got this all wrong this time chaps" kind of game and I'm afraid after many years of playing football manager I'm going to wait to see what other people say about it before I pay good money for it.

A bit disappointed by the announcement, was expecting a little more to get my teeth into given it's October tomorrow, especially if you're trying to tempt me into a pre-order so soon. Certainly not pre-ordering at this stage. No news on the Beta either, hopefully that crops up on the Roadmap over the coming month. Not a huge fan of Miles putting important information via his personal Twitter feed either, that should all go via official FM comms IMO, I'd have missed that information had I not seen someone point it out in this thread.

Actually though, I don't mind the new UI, I totally get why there doing it but as a PC/MAC player a lot of me buying this will depend on how mod-able/skin-able this is for the PC/MAC version of the game, it looks more mobile/tablet friendly with the "components" which allows easier, quicker changes further down the line, but I'm hoping for more customisation in the preferences as default due to these changes too. Glad they've changed the font too.

1 hour ago, Craigus89 said:

The profiles are definitely mock-ups. You can see it if you click through them on steam. There are little alignment movements looking at various parts of the profile.

Fran Kirby isn't 188cm tall.

She doesn't play in the EPL.

Evan Ferguson isn't a wing back. 

Player profile screen says Fri 23 Aug in the top ribbon, but training window suggests it is a different date.

Clearly a rush job to get something out, which, even though we know they are struggling with timescales, is worrying if even these are messed up. 

This is the most slap in the face from this announcement. Wrong information, clearly Kirby is slapped on some Brighton youngster, they  forgot to remove some info and have him worth 16k.

All in all misleading. This is not work in progress as I dont believe it is in game. Everything points to mock ups, if it is in game then Kirby profile is photoshopped. You do not upload game pictures like this to steam with 2 months to go for release...

The same screenshots are used in the trailer also if you were paying close attention to that video.

And that cant be squad view please. I hope  they accidentally have it under wrong tab.

One idea I hope they do looking that squad pic, I understand the views will be modular. Hope we can add our own tabs, with specifics modular that we want. That would create fast reaching custom data that every person wants differently. Other note on this, i Dont see anything there on those modular views that indicates I can move or change something - I thought this was promised?
Just please have squad view as squad, not club view.

13 minutes ago, Omer Senyor said:

Player screen looks so awful oh my god.

Where is the 6 attributes graph? why i cannot see the rating + goals and assist in the same screen?

FM 24 player screen is so much better

spacer.png

Graphics packs and colour add an insane amount of life to the game. 

I don’t know why stuff/skins like this are not the default. Great for immersion. 

The vulcano is exploding, but luckily there's no criticism about the people in charge, 'cause that's the lava on the floor.

But please, after this hyperbolic disaster, you need to be Roberto Martínez (I'm Belgian, I'm used to eternal optimism after a deception) to keep on supporting everything and everyone. I'll take the floor: maybe a new era could've used a new board as well.  Which doesn't mean that... But...Come on, this is abysmal, face it,they've a quite realistic football simulation game (with good looks and exquisite data) in an enigmatic app-like game that's as progressive as Times New Roman in 2087, coloured like generic clothing stores for elder tourists. On the small chance it all turns out to be a better game than FM24 (the Perfect Passing Game, Whatever You Want, Whatever You Do), which in fact couldn't be so hard, the PR is... no, floor, lava....

If it takes years to come up with something way worse than before, then it's game over for FM. They needed competitors, because the love letter was for a FWB and the new era is the one in a small appartment in a noisy neighbourhood. Unbelievable.

I hope there is an light skin.
 My eyes are damaged from playing with dark skin for years.
Don't ignore those who want open theme anymore.
 It is not very difficult to make a light/dark skin,
 the year is 2024 and almost every application has this, but not just FM.

Edited by canry

Until today I was worried. Now I am worried even more.

Don't want to sound sour before the release, but the screenshots look underwhelming. The general lack of revealing is acceptable, but it still seems little suspicious. I am afraid this will be a transitional edition all the way and we will have to wait another year to have a fully developed game. 

Edit: The screenshots of profiles really look placed over each other. Wow, just wow. Year 2024 and we have reveal profile pictures which are made in Paintbrush. My worries are sky high right now.

Edited by Ghost77

2 minutes ago, canry said:
I hope there is an light skin.
 My eyes are damaged from playing with dark skin for years.
Don't ignore those who want open theme anymore.
 It is not very difficult to make a light/dark skin,
 the year is 2024 and almost every application has this, but not just FM.

Couldn't agree more.  It would be great to make the game accessible to as many people as possible.

British Dyslexia Association:

Colour

• Use single colour backgrounds. Avoid background patterns or pictures and distracting surrounds.
  • Use sufficient contrast levels between background and text.
  • Use dark coloured text on a light (not white) background.

https://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/advice/employers/creating-a-dyslexia-friendly-workplace/dyslexia-friendly-style-guide