FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Perhaps there could be a separate thread for videos and images that are not directly from, or really related to FM? That way this thread could stick to FM25 discussion, and people wouldn’t make snap judgment on images from media presentations or other games or whatever, which only seems to bring more negativity and confusion on what FM25 might be like 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, GIMN said:

There's a few:

https://www.twitch.tv/mooonostreams
https://www.twitch.tv/fm_girl
https://www.twitch.tv/lefootencuisine (French)

A couple who used to, but I don't believe they do anymore.  Holly, I believe, used to work for SI up until recently:

https://www.twitch.tv/hollyyplayys
https://www.twitch.tv/kimmyminx

ChilledMoose used to have a youtube channel too before rebranding, I think it was FM19 or FM20 where she did a youtube video series managing a Serie C team

7 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

Seen this spoken about a lot.... What does it really matter if there's a beta or not? Genuine question. You wont pre order because there isnt one? but you'll buy it on release day?

Pre-order got you the game 2 weeks early and a 10% discount. That was worth a pre-order seeing as you knew that FM was often much of a muchness from year to year.

No beta means you are losing probably the biggest value add that pre-ordering had with the 2 sometimes 3 weeks early access to the game.

The 10% discount isn't as much of a draw to pre-order seeing as there are bigger discounts available at other retailers.

If there was a beta announcement I'd pre-order, without one I'll wait until I've seen the game running.

Edited by kiwityke1983

4 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Pre-order got you the game 2 weeks early and a 10% discount. That was worth a pre-order seeing as you knew that FM was often much of a muchness from year to year.

No beta means you are losing probably the biggest value add that pre-ordering had with the 2 sometimes 3 weeks early access to the game.

The 10% discount isn't as much of a draw to pre-order seeing as there are bigger discounts available at other retailers.

If there was a beta announcement I'd pre-order, without one I'll wait until I've seen the game running.

2 weeks early is probably something they can't commit to yet, especially if they have to push the release date back. So maybe they're giving themselves some wriggle room there.

For me it was always a big incentive. I doubt i'll be pre-ordering and will wait to read player's reviews this time around.

Edited by whatsupdoc

7 minutes ago, Hzano123 said:

Er... Unity promote FM25 better than SI? Joking aside seems pretty interesting

You realise the guy holding the majority of the talk was from SI?

2 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

2 weeks early is probably something they can't commit to yet, especially if they have to push the release date back. So maybe they're giving themselves some wriggle room there.

For me it was always a big incentive. I doubt i'll be pre-ordering and will wait to read player's reviews this time around.

Yeah I hope a Beta/Early access of some sort is announced down the line when if/they know they can do one.

I'll pre-order then, otherwise I can wait. 

I'll probably still get the game because 3 days before it's release date I'll be quitting work and moving back to NZ, so have at least 6 weeks free doing not much of anything.

Although I'm not sure my wife's laptop will handle it.

14 hours ago, XaW said:

Oh do please watch the video before posting about it.... Otherwise you'd seem really ignorant. Fair warning!

Honestly, I think we are way past the "seeming real ignorant" regarding most of the discussion here. Cannot believe we've had 2-3 pages of "SI will not release game on 26th, they are covering for themselves".

17 minutes ago, CaptainSa said:

From the sounds of it the old codebase was the virtual equivalent of one of those server racks that are just a mess of wires and no one knows where anything goes:

Reveal hidden contents

CDN media

Hate to break it to you, but pretty much any system that is more than a couple of years old is probably the virtual equivalent of one of those server racks that are just a mess of wires and no one knows where anything goes.

2 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

I don't get it. 6-7 weeks before release, nothing is going to change massively at this point is it? Can't they show us anything? Just to generate even the smallest spark of excitement.

Even the Women’s roadmap information is going the distance. Let alone anything else…

45 minutes ago, CaptainSa said:

From the sounds of it the old codebase was the virtual equivalent of one of those server racks that are just a mess of wires and no one knows where anything goes:

Reveal hidden contents

CDN media

That photo gave me massive anxiety

35 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Hate to break it to you, but pretty much any system that is more than a couple of years old is probably the virtual equivalent of one of those server racks that are just a mess of wires and no one knows where anything goes.

Queue any Paradox game 🍝

12 minutes ago, ForTheLoveOfTheGame said:

Even the Women’s roadmap information is going the distance. Let alone anything else…

It makes me chuckle that the information would be released 'the week of the 7th' and here we are on  Thursday still waiting.

I know that technically the statement is still true all the way up to Saturday, but if somebody says 'the week of' you would generally find most people think that would mean earlier rather than later. If it was known it was going to be towards the end of the week, then be more honest about that - this transparency they keep talking about.

Edited by SuperMeppen

1 minute ago, scythian12 said:

Queue any Paradox game 🍝

I mean, not even gaming.  There's systems out there with billions flowing through them every day that are held together with hope and spite.  High integrity systems that are supposed to keep people safe probably aren't much better.  It isn't like it's a particularly SI phenomenon.

30 minutes ago, forameuss said:

I mean, not even gaming.  There's systems out there with billions flowing through them every day that are held together with hope and spite.  High integrity systems that are supposed to keep people safe probably aren't much better.  It isn't like it's a particularly SI phenomenon.

NHS - can confirm :D

(hands off my fax machine and DOS based systems)

Edited by Domoboy23

51 minutes ago, bobbyb12345 said:

I don't get it. 6-7 weeks before release, nothing is going to change massively at this point is it? Can't they show us anything? Just to generate even the smallest spark of excitement.

As we are clearly not going to see any in game footage I would expect. Making us wait till the last day of the week is  pretty ridiculous. 

Surely Si are aware (If they care) of the anxiety that the fans of the game are talking about at the moment.

Edited by CamAshworth

17 minutes ago, CamAshworth said:

As we are clearly not going to see any in game footage I would expect. Making us wait till the last day of the week is  pretty ridiculous. 

Surely Si are aware (If they care) of the anxiety that the fans of the game are talking about at the moment.

I would be nice if they showed anything (even what SI is feeling right now, with the current feedback of costumers (if it is small portion of the entire costumer universe). But Again we know more about the Miles cancelled trips, then anything else.

I wonder if this game is sort of myth at this point... kidding :D  ...I mean as I said previously. More people saw Bigfoot then this game.

Edited by grade

Part of me thinks that (obviously they are not oblivious to the mood of the community at the moment) they are very confident about what they will show us and therefore not worrying about it. I want to believe this. But again, part of me thinks that if this is the case the best thing to do for the community is to reassure people with some meatier info. FM gods, if you are watching this, just show us the game, match engine and all, and end the speculation.

2 часа назад, scythian12 сказал:

Queue any Paradox game 🍝

Are they poorly structured? You even have the option to choose any version of the game, not just the most current one.

2 часа назад, forameuss сказал:

I worked in a large international company, whose resources are much more solid than SI. But even there, the developers (some of whom had a degree) could not remove the archaic part of the application. It was written before them, and the updates were simply built on top. Some issues were comic, other tiring. As a result, it became easier to create an application 2.0, but since it was not a thing in itself, but a part of an ecosystem between departments, the entire corporate shell, written 10-15 years ago, was actually replaced. It was a long-term, painful, protracted development project, which definitely made life easier for new generations of employees.

Just like SI right now. But SI is even more complicated: development for public clients + tight deadlines

Edited by Novem9

42 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

I worked in a large international company, whose resources are much more solid than SI. But even there, the developers (some of whom had a degree) could not remove the archaic part of the application. It was written before them, and the updates were simply built on top. Some issues were comic, other tiring. As a result, it became easier to create an application 2.0, but since it was not a thing in itself, but a part of an ecosystem between departments, the entire corporate shell, written 10-15 years ago, was actually replaced. It was a long-term, painful, protracted development project, which definitely made life easier for new generations of employees.

Just like SI right now. But SI is even more complicated: development for public clients + tight deadlines

They had 2 years to do it its not a time problem, its a monopoly problem and lack of will to get better and bigger

Только что, b.sinisa сказал:

They had 2 years to do it its not a time problem, its a monopoly problem and lack of will to get better and bigger

I'm among the critics of what Miles is doing with FM/SI. The reasons have been mentioned many times before. My post is simply a continuation of the topic raised earlier by other members. I find any upgrades necessary and exciting things, and like to mention my little experience too.

34 minutes ago, b.sinisa said:

It is not a monopoly problem. Would it be good if there was a serious competitor like FIFA had with PES for number of years? Yes, of course.

But there is no monopoly, there is no barrier of entry here. Anyone who wants to can make a football management game. 

I've always thought that SI's public relations approach was wrong.

What's the point of having a roadmap?

People who are actually going to buy the game have no idea what to expect.

New graphics? UI? Match engine? New leagues? I have no idea.

Why are they the last and slowest to release the information that most consumers want to know?

6 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

It is not a monopoly problem. Would it be good if there was a serious competitor like FIFA had with PES for number of years? Yes, of course.

But there is no monopoly, there is no barrier of entry here. Anyone who wants to can make a football management game. 

How is not a monopoly problem there is no competition i didn't say that they made the monopoly, rather that there it is a monopoly and its problem for them more than for us users as there is no one to look at and even try to be better then the other maker, am i wrong with this opinion ?

1 minute ago, b.sinisa said:

How is not a monopoly problem there is no competition i didn't say that they made the monopoly, rather that there it is a monopoly and its problem for them more than for us users as there is no one to look at and even try to be better then the other maker, am i wrong with this opinion ?

Well it is pretty hard to successfully argue that Si are refusing to improve the game when they've undertaken probably the biggest change to the game they've had in years.

Just now, forameuss said:

Well it is pretty hard to successfully argue that Si are refusing to improve the game when they've undertaken probably the biggest change to the game they've had in years.

and you think that they wouldn't be even better if there was still fifa manager or someone breathing in the neck ?

1 minute ago, b.sinisa said:

and you think that they wouldn't be even better if there was still fifa manager or someone breathing in the neck ?

The same FIFA Manager they forced EA into not even releasing anymore, yeah?

And no, I don't.  The monopoly argument seems to be the favourite line to toss out given there's rarely any need to back it up.  It's so overused, and would only really be provably true if it's the likes of EA openly treating their fanbase with contempt while they make the game actively worse.  SI have incrementally improved the game, but have clearly hit the point where they can't really make many great strides, hence the move to Unity.  They should be doing a better job - I expect they'd be the first to admit that - but to act like they're just sitting their twiddling their thumbs and the only thing to solve it would be another game is misguided.

5 minutes ago, b.sinisa said:

I think it would be great with a competitor or two, I just dont see monopoly as the right term in this situation. A monopoly occurs when a company/entity creates an unreasonable restraint on a market, making it impossible for others to compete. FIFA did try making an alternative, Eidos did the same after the split with SIgames. They both failed. 

The lack of proper graphics (maybe FM25 changes that!) is a great example I think on the lack of competition. If there was a serious competitor I think the game would have developed better graphics some years ago, but there are no real incentives in doing so. Unfortunate yes, but I dont agree that its a monopoly. 

3 hours ago, CamAshworth said:

If you've got a crap hand in poker, you're more likely to pull off a bluff by saying as little as possible.