FM 25 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 минут назад, thomas_e сказал:

I think it would be great with a competitor or two, I just dont see monopoly as the right term in this situation. A monopoly occurs when a company/entity creates an unreasonable restraint on a market, making it impossible for others to compete. FIFA did try making an alternative, Eidos did the same after the split with SIgames. They both failed. 

The lack of proper graphics (maybe FM25 changes that!) is a great example I think on the lack of competition. If there was a serious competitor I think the game would have developed better graphics some years ago, but there are no real incentives in doing so. Unfortunate yes, but I dont agree that its a monopoly. 

This is entirely on the management's conscience imo. Competition could force a company to be more productive. But that's no guarantee. For a niche genre, it could be a problem because the number of clients is very limited. 

What I'm more interested in is this: Would SI have dared to make such an absurd roadmap if their shares were traded on the stock exchange? :D 

6 минут назад, metal_guitarist сказал:

Appreciate people are going to be disappointed and annoyed at the latest news and that it will likely lead to a lot of venting and strong opinions being voiced. All we ask is that you keep it civil please and don’t resort to abuse or personal attacks. The article on the site has details about refunds for those who have pre-ordered if you wish to claim one, and there will be early access available for this new release date.

:applause:I always enjoy your shifts (no sarcasm)

To be honest I'm glad for the people working on it as imagine the stress and pressure has been impossible the last few months. Not that I expect much of the pressure is removed TBF. 

5 minutes ago, Steve8066 said:

I cant believe that they were actively pushing pre-orders knowing the game was never in a million years going to be released in November.

This is true too. 

Edited by BristolCity1992

8 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

This is entirely on the management's conscience imo. Competition could force a company to be more productive. But that's no guarantee. For a niche genre, it could be a problem because the number of clients is very limited. 

What I'm more interested in is this: Would SI have dared to make such an absurd roadmap if their shares were traded on the stock exchange? :D 

Agree on all of this. 

I think postponing the release of FM25 is a very correct decision. We still haven't been shown anything, so it's a no-go. Someone clearly miscalculated their strength, and FM25 should have been in the old shell. I have no problem with that. The problem is the terrible feedback and the disregard for the community, which has been with the game for many years.

Honestly? I'm personally okay with it being delayed until March, but this announcement replacing what was meant to be the first article to kickstart the roadmap is pretty awful.

Regardless, the only concern I have is that FM26 will probably be, what, about 6 months after FM25? I guess lots of people will be paying full price for two Football Manager games in 2025.

Just now, tezcatlipoca665 said:

Honestly? I'm personally okay with it being delayed until March, but this announcement replacing what was meant to be the first article to kickstart the roadmap is pretty awful.

Regardless, the only concern I have is that FM26 will probably be, what, about 6 months after FM25? I guess lots of people will be paying full price for two Football Manager games in 2025.

I guess I'll just wait for 26, when MAYBE some of the deleted features will be restored. 

On 09/10/2024 at 10:58, inacion said:

Probably what's concerning people about Football Manager big release is when we compare it with Civilization VII big release. They also worked several years on it, it will be released in February and they are already doing some streams on their official channel of Civilization VII gameplay.

Football Manager 2025 is 6 weeks from release date and there's almost nothing to show yet

Yesterday I wrote this post, comparing Football Manager 2025 release process with Civilization VII. Coincidence or not today it's announced a delay to March. It's not good news but I guess it's better to fail a deadline or delay the product delivery that delivery a not ready or bad product. Maybe this decision should be taken before open the pre order, delay a year and release an add on to update FM24 to the new season

Said it from the start, delay it until FM26, and got pretty bashed by some for saying it. Was obviously never going to be ready. ''How can you expect a company to delay when it's their annual main income'', well this clearly shows there are enough funds to do so.

7 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Not great news, but better than the alternative of them chucking something out to make some money.  Big pressure on whatever comes in March now.

They likely release 25 in march and 26 in Nov to get back on schedule. Either way they will put a game out to make some money. 

Screenshot 2024-10-10 093013.png

Edited by jimbo22

6 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Jup. And dont blame them honestly. Just should have pulled trigger earlier and give us DLC update for fm24. Some fixes and new season DB

Agreed. They would have plenty of time to make it cool, make a proper PR and avoid cutting international football etc. This is just getting needlessly  embarrassing. DLC 2025 would be good solution from the start.

This is the best thing to happen really. It was going to be nowhere near ready and would only damage the brand long term when it's really bad and cashing in if it wasn't ready for November.

I'll give SI credit for pulling it tbh. Not sure they should bother about March like but suppose it'll help iron out some issues for FM26.

2 minutes ago, danmcconnell1 said:

Not a great look for the studio when less than 2 weeks ago it was 'Roadmap' this and 'Roadmap' that. I'm sure the Premier League aren't happy about this either, having their product plastered over a game that's not coming out until the season is well on the way to being over.

Scrap FM25 in it's planned form, release database updates for the 24/25 season now in the same format as FM24, free of charge after this debacle, and put all concentration into getting FM26 absolutely right. 

Yes thats the right and sensible to do. Who is going to want to play season 24/25 at the end of season 24/25 lol. Buying FM25 in March will be a waste of money if fm26 comes out in November