Game 40: England vs Slovakia LIVE from the Arena AufSchalke. Sunday ITV1 5pm

Who will be the winner?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/06/24 at 15:59

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mad that for the goal, They had time to float a ball in, have it go high in the air, take it down, take a touch and play a runner in without a single midfielder help out. Stones really didn't help himself though, Walker did his part in marking out wide and all Stones has to do is close down. 

Walker offering nothing at all, stick Trippier there and take advantage of his balls in....TAA to LB.

Get Foden or Bellingham off for Gordon as well and maybe Kane off at half time.

1 minute ago, skybluedave said:

I'm switching off. I'm middle of house move that is going down to the wire. I'm super stressed about it. This is literally the LAST thing I want to sit through :D I'm having a bath, a kit kat and play some Cities Skyline

Having just gone through a protracted stressful house move you have my sympathy 

We don't seem to be creating anything while we have been in control the last 20 mins. All crosses.

I don't know how you fix that, but if it's all crosses you might as well bring on Trent.

Just now, Bootador said:

We don't seem to be creating anything while we have been in control the last 20 mins. All crosses.

I don't know how you fix that, but if it's all crosses you might as well bring on Trent.

That's been the case all tournament. We've created barely anything across 3 1/2 games. We've had possession as expected, but there's nothing to it. There's no runs in behind. There's no shape. There's no cutting passes. It's just ********* the ball into the box.

3 minutes ago, Smallen said:

I dunno. Has Bellingham’s overall game actually gotten worse whilst at Madrid? He used to grab games like this by the scruff of the neck from midfield and drag us through games with sheer willpower. Barely looks arsed out there now.

Well, he's had a season of really playing as a striker mostly, so the midfield element hasn't been needed.

Just now, Bootador said:

Neville in tears :lol:

I can already hear the same words from 2016 heading our way "we were outfought, we were outthought, etc"

That was Shearer but still

3 minutes ago, aggressive minor said:

Thing is when so many top class players aren’t play well..maybe it’s the system decided by the manager?

He's playing cause of reputation and the fact he'll be composed if he ever gets a chance.  But he won't get a chance if he drops deep, is the one crossing to tiny Saka or not making runs in behind.  Had enough of him. 

1 minute ago, aggressive minor said:

Nev is spot on about TAA

I will constantly bang the drum for him. Should be starting RB and it's a joke he never is. Just no threat on the right if you double up on Saka because Walker literally can't cross the ball.

Just now, Bootador said:

I'd move Bellingham back to 8, he just can't play as a 10 from what I've seen. Much better him running from deeper.

Said it all tournament but he has too much freedom and nobody knows where he’s actually going to be.

Reckon he lost the dressing room some time ago, they all have massive egos and want to play in a style that Southgate doesn't. They won't put in a real shift for him.

I don't think there was much of a point playing Walker in these games. Could have easily had TAA there to provide an actual outlet.

It's not like Walker was lighting it up defensively this season either.

8 minutes ago, Smallen said:

It’s not that bad. At least we’ve had most of the ball and an element of control despite not looking at all threatening. Italy were just getting completely dominated for 75 minutes.

Austria would dominate us too playing like they did yesterday.

Mainoo a breath of fresh air because Southgate hasn’t had the time to drum the positivity out of him. 

Quick, get Palmer and Gordon on as well before Gareth get his laminated clipboard out and starts talking about slow tempo and rigidity

Remember, Southgate didn’t have to get to this point. He could have changed the team immediately after seeing that it doesn’t work (game 1). He could have used the friendlies better when we lost over and over to Brazil and Iceland (again) FFS. No excuse.

Just now, Rick87 said:

Reckon he lost the dressing room some time ago, they all have massive egos and want to play in a style that Southgate doesn't. They won't put in a real shift for him.

Wonder if the ditching of Sterling and Rashford has stung the players a bit, both central parts of the team until recently. Would be pathetic is that is why they can't be arsed

6 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

You'd still have some change afterwards :D 

Even though allegiances lie elsewhere even I find myself getting irritated watching these players. They're all so much better than this, and whilst it is somewhat funny, it is also a shame that a talented team goes to waste. So if I've got grievances with them, lord knows how those two are feeling. :D

7 minutes ago, Haguey said:

The masses of fans and wannabe expert football analysts you see online and on here are very rarely in the right when it comes to squad selection and tactics and so on, but well, I'd take what they're saying over what Southgate is offering right now

True, although tbh if you added all their opinions up to pick the team this is probably the starting lineup we'd end up with.

Still remember how popular not calling up the Rashford or Sterling the side's been crying out for since the first time a side with slow centre backs decided they could step up and let the midfield press was. (Haha, I wrote this before I saw your comment)

Edited by enigmatic

1 minute ago, Darren Moores Mum said:

That's been the case all tournament. We've created barely anything across 3 1/2 games. We've had possession as expected, but there's nothing to it. There's no runs in behind. There's no shape. There's no cutting passes. It's just ********* the ball into the box.

England are basically us in League One under Moore. No tactics, no attacking structure, no pace or running off the ball, boring and predictable.

Hopefully we’ll also copy Moore-ball by being all of those things but forcing a win over a team way worse than us because we simply have better individuals.

1 minute ago, arenaross said:

Remember, Southgate didn’t have to get to this point. He could have changed the team immediately after seeing that it doesn’t work (game 1). He could have used the friendlies better when we lost over and over to Brazil and Iceland (again) FFS. No excuse.

We played well for 25 minutes then just stopped, why didn't we just continue with that

3 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Hey, Warnock made a career out of headsgone screaming at his players

Warnock is actually likeable though in his own way. He can pull it off.

GNev should just go back to dragon’s den the daft ****

Edited by Smallen

2 minutes ago, Craigus89 said:

Watch no subs happen till 70 mins when he brings on Trent/Gallagher for Mainoo

The thought of seeing Gallagher's pony tail trotting on to the pitch in a white shirt is massively triggering for me.