Game 40: England vs Slovakia LIVE from the Arena AufSchalke. Sunday ITV1 5pm

Coulthard's Jaw

Who will be the winner?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/06/24 at 15:59

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mainoo a breath of fresh air because Southgate hasn’t had the time to drum the positivity out of him. 

Quick, get Palmer and Gordon on as well before Gareth get his laminated clipboard out and starts talking about slow tempo and rigidity

Remember, Southgate didn’t have to get to this point. He could have changed the team immediately after seeing that it doesn’t work (game 1). He could have used the friendlies better when we lost over and over to Brazil and Iceland (again) FFS. No excuse.

Just now, Rick87 said:

Reckon he lost the dressing room some time ago, they all have massive egos and want to play in a style that Southgate doesn't. They won't put in a real shift for him.

Wonder if the ditching of Sterling and Rashford has stung the players a bit, both central parts of the team until recently. Would be pathetic is that is why they can't be arsed

6 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

You'd still have some change afterwards :D 

Even though allegiances lie elsewhere even I find myself getting irritated watching these players. They're all so much better than this, and whilst it is somewhat funny, it is also a shame that a talented team goes to waste. So if I've got grievances with them, lord knows how those two are feeling. :D

7 minutes ago, Haguey said:

The masses of fans and wannabe expert football analysts you see online and on here are very rarely in the right when it comes to squad selection and tactics and so on, but well, I'd take what they're saying over what Southgate is offering right now

True, although tbh if you added all their opinions up to pick the team this is probably the starting lineup we'd end up with.

Still remember how popular not calling up the Rashford or Sterling the side's been crying out for since the first time a side with slow centre backs decided they could step up and let the midfield press was. (Haha, I wrote this before I saw your comment)

Edited by enigmatic

1 minute ago, Darren Moores Mum said:

That's been the case all tournament. We've created barely anything across 3 1/2 games. We've had possession as expected, but there's nothing to it. There's no runs in behind. There's no shape. There's no cutting passes. It's just ********* the ball into the box.

England are basically us in League One under Moore. No tactics, no attacking structure, no pace or running off the ball, boring and predictable.

Hopefully we’ll also copy Moore-ball by being all of those things but forcing a win over a team way worse than us because we simply have better individuals.

1 minute ago, arenaross said:

Remember, Southgate didn’t have to get to this point. He could have changed the team immediately after seeing that it doesn’t work (game 1). He could have used the friendlies better when we lost over and over to Brazil and Iceland (again) FFS. No excuse.

We played well for 25 minutes then just stopped, why didn't we just continue with that

3 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Hey, Warnock made a career out of headsgone screaming at his players

Warnock is actually likeable though in his own way. He can pull it off.

GNev should just go back to dragon’s den the daft ****

Edited by Smallen