Quarter Final 2: Portugal vs France live from the Volksparkstadion. BBC1 8pm

Who will be the winner?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/24 at 18:59

euro_24_-_2_players_h2h_-_facebook_15_.j

Possible line-ups

Portugal: Diogo Costa; Cancelo, Rúben Dias, Pepe, Nuno Mendes; Palhinha, Vitinha, Bruno Fernandes; Rafael Leão, Ronaldo, Bernardo Silva
Misses next match if booked: João Cancelo, Ronaldo, Francisco Conceição, João Palhinha, Pedro Neto, Rúben Neves

France: Maignan; Koundé, Saliba, Upamecano, Hernández; Kanté, Tchouameni, Griezmann; Dembélé, Thuram, Mbappé
Suspended: Rabiot
Misses next match if booked: Dembélé, Griezmann, Mbappé, Tchouameni

France are predicted to emerge victorious in Hamburg, with the Opta supercomputer handing them a 39.4% chance of winning inside 90 minutes at the Volksparkstadion. Portugal triumphed in 31% of the 10,000 data-led simulations, with a draw forecast at 29.6%, meaning extra-time and penalties are a real possibility.

Route to the quarter-finals

Portugal

Group F
2-1 vs Czechia (Hranáč og 69, Francisco Conceição 90+2; Provod 62)
3-0 vs Türkiye (Bernardo Silva 21, Samet Akaydin og 28, Bruno Fernandes 56)
0-2 vs Georgia (Kvaratskhelia 2, Mikautadze 57 pen)

Round of 16
0-0 aet, 3-0 pens vs Slovenia

France

Group D
1-0 vs Austria (Wöber og 38)
0-0 vs Netherlands
1-1 vs Poland (Mbappé 56 pen; Lewandowski 79 pen)

Round of 16
1-0 vs Belgium (Vertonghen og 85)

---------------

Remember this all time great game from Euro 2000?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeHaPM91ZF4

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

"The Nose Breaking Issue"

Jermaine Jenas just came up with a name for my favourite new alternative rock band.

EDIT: Ironically, José Fonte looks like he might be the frontman of said band. :D

Edited by CFuller

France were better when they had Griezmann in that pseudo midfield role. I'm not quite sure why he's moved away from that. I guess he's concerned about Mbappé doing nothing defensively on the left, but I thought they coped ok with that in the World Cup 

Got a pretty awful prediction record but gone with France, think they're just better than Portugal. Portugal were awful against Slovenia and would have been punished if they had better attacking talent, which France clearly have.

Wouldn’t mind Portugal squeaking through in extra time. His tears are going to be saltiest if they lose the final and Guehi marks him out of the game.

Just now, CFuller said:

Another English referee.

Good lord...

What have all these teams done to be punished like that?

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Wouldn’t mind Portugal squeaking through in extra time. His tears are going to be saltiest if they lose the final and Guehi marks him out of the game.

While true, I absolutely do not want to risk that ***** managing to score the winner against us in the final. I can easily handle losing to Spain or France, but seeing Ronaldo celebrating against us would be infuriating.

• Administrators

That back heel was filth. Wow. 

Rooting for Portugal. I wanted to see Carvajal vs Mbape but for sure I don’t want to see Navas defending him.

• Administrators
Just now, VamPook said:

More Cristiano tears would be a good watch

I would like them even more in the final if we get there to beat them :D 

5 minutes ago, TalkSport said:

Boring game involving France again :rolleyes:

True but Portugal haven't really been scintillating themselves. Their good games have been either Georgia doing the hard work, or like the last game, funny to watch Cristiano Ronaldo fail.

For a team that has always had so many technically gifted footballers Portugal are always so boring to watch. France not really doing much of anything either tbf.

Posted (edited)

France are brilliant through 75% of the pitch. The last 25%, they are as dull as dishwater. They deliberately choose the opposite option to the right one with every pass.

Kounde goes on the overlap, will he drill it in low and hard? Nope cuts back to pass to Camavinga, then a second later it is a throw in for Portugal.

Mbappe squares up his man, will he do some stopovers then burn him for pace? Nope, he slides it to the rampaging Kante who sweeps it back towards the French backline.

Edited by Icondacarver