Will you play Women's football in FM25?

Will you play Women's football in FM25?   

221 members have voted

1. 1. Will you play women's football in FM25?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, ajw10 said:

Might as well make a thread for the Swedish league, or the Scottish 2nd Division.

I get it's the big new feature, but this feels like another thread for loads of angry weird men to be furious that women are entering THEIR GAME

The Scottish Championship is easily the best league in the World though, so it wouldn't be a fair comparison.

5 hours ago, Fat_Frank8 said:

The only one angered by the thread so far seems to be you, telling us how angry everyone else is. Just like in the other thread 😂

bit worried if you think this is angry and not the people that have threatened to boycott the game because of it.

Yes. For one thing, I'll be playing FM, and since men's and women's football will be integrated in the game, to play one will be to play the other.

Also, Man United have been pretty rubbish lately, but our women's team have been on the up. I do take a slight interest in them when I can, and they lost some big players recently, so that could make for an interesting save.

Edit: on second thought, probably shouldn't be blindly assuming I'll play FM this year, so "maybe" might be the better answer.

Edited by vrig

When I started the thread I thought the percentage would be higher for No to be fair. But a good 45% say you will. That says to me that the women's game is right to be included in the game and is definitely merited.  Like a few have said, I have nothing wrong with the inclusion but I wont be playing it myself. 

The only issue for me is the date of release getting put back to the end of November. If the women's leagues were to be removed and added at a later date because of the difficulties with the new match engine, would most prefer that so the game was released back to its original early November release?  

Probably not, but the person I do my network saves mentioned it so it's a possibility. 

I do believe the knock on effects it will have on the game, expanding the ME to accommodate this will in turn have benefits further down the line as well as prompting a look at some things which perhaps have remained unchecked in many years (player weights being an example) because it had just kind of worked the way it was beforehand. 

5 minutes ago, CalumF said:

The only issue for me is the date of release getting put back to the end of November. If the women's leagues were to be removed and added at a later date because of the difficulties with the new match engine, would most prefer that so the game was released back to its original early November release?  

Women's football and the impact on the ME were not the reason for the delay. Rather switching the game as a whole over to Unity is the reason. In my mind it seems quite logical to think that perhaps women's football will have been one of the furthest along aspects for FM25 given it has only ever been in development during the time the studio planned to switch to Unity. 

9 minutes ago, santy001 said:

Probably not, but the person I do my network saves mentioned it so it's a possibility. 

I do believe the knock on effects it will have on the game, expanding the ME to accommodate this will in turn have benefits further down the line as well as prompting a look at some things which perhaps have remained unchecked in many years (player weights being an example) because it had just kind of worked the way it was beforehand. 

Women's football and the impact on the ME were not the reason for the delay. Rather switching the game as a whole over to Unity is the reason. In my mind it seems quite logical to think that perhaps women's football will have been one of the furthest along aspects for FM25 given it has only ever been in development during the time the studio planned to switch to Unity. 

Even then, the delay has gone from early November to late November. Its a few weeks not several months. 

28 minutes ago, dannyo666 said:

No....I like playing the game with players i know,

Same here, for me football is something magical, something sentimental, all the legends, emotions they generated, it is waiting for big matches, watching Ronaldinho become a football god, watching Messi or CR make historical statistics. I don't associate women's football with anything.

10 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Even then, the delay has gone from early November to late November. Its a few weeks not several months. 

At the moment its only a few weeks. That might still change. 

Its also a time when games like Call of Duty and others are getting released. Sales might drop because of it. The later it comes out will eat into the sales. 

On a personal note, I play the game from release till around April/May time and the summer weather and getting out means I stop playing around then and then get exited about the new game coming out around this time. Shorter game span this year for me. 

Streamlining the game with no international football and touchline shouts are fine with me. If leaving out the women's football meant the game was released at the start of November instead of late November, yes please, I would be fine with that also. 

Just now, CalumF said:

At the moment its only a few weeks. That might still change. 

Its also a time when games like Call of Duty and others are getting released. Sales might drop because of it. The later it comes out will eat into the sales. 

On a personal note, I play the game from release till around April/May time and the summer weather and getting out means I stop playing around then and then get exited about the new game coming out around this time. Shorter game span this year for me. 

Streamlining the game with no international football and touchline shouts are fine with me. If leaving out the women's football meant the game was released at the start of November instead of late November, yes please, I would be fine with that also. 

Womens football isnt the reason for the delay, Unity is. COD and FM are entirely different markets of game. 

15 minutes ago, armbi said:

Same here, for me football is something magical, something sentimental, all the legends, emotions they generated, it is waiting for big matches, watching Ronaldinho become a football god, watching Messi or CR make historical statistics. I don't associate women's football with anything.

A very large number of FM players got to know real life players by playing FM. That will continue and be expanded by including both genders.

24 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I'll be playing it for sure. Shame Earps wont be at United anymore though...

Completely forgot about that. In my head it was a year ago and we'd just lost Russo.. 

1 hour ago, ajw10 said:

bit worried if you think this is angry and not the people that have threatened to boycott the game because of it.

I don’t think that’s something you need to worry about. Just pointing out that the only mention of anger or dislike was the post I quoted and that was in the opposite direction. Haven’t seen any of the posts you’re referring to.

3 minutes ago, Fat_Frank8 said:

I don’t think that’s something you need to worry about. Just pointing out that the only mention of anger or dislike was the post I quoted and that was in the opposite direction. Haven’t seen any of the posts you’re referring to.

Barely had to look to see the first tantrum.

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Birdman10piyu said:

Of course, you can't say anything about women's football or people lose it.

It's not that people put women's football down. It's more so, we just don't care about it, you can't argue that. Barely anyone cares about women's Football. How often do you hear "ohh ya did you see  the Women's Man City yesterday??? What a game!!!!" Probably never.

No one is bashing it and it's such an after thought that we don't even consider it. Does that mean Im putting the league down? 

To top it off. The narrative we're all reading..

"We cut NT management and added Women's Football" so of course people are annoyed.. "oh and we removed the weight attribute to accommodate the women. "

So now, we have to play by their rules? We had this series and enjoyed it for decades and now that we're including women "we don't want our weight shown..." Fk off. It doesn't seem like much but what's going to come next??? "FM26 new feature!!! We've added pronouns and 10 different genders to choose from" wow now I can roleplay as Xer Josephina Mourhino 

get this woke sh*t away from FM.

Edited by ajw10

3 minutes ago, ajw10 said:
Barely had to look to see the first tantrum.

Firstly that quote’s from another thread so you already failed there. Secondly all I see is he’s annoyed they dropped international management, they cut the weight and that he doesn’t care about women football and whether it’s in the game or not. You were supposed to quote someone from this thread who was angry that women football is in the game. You managed to quote someone from another thread who’s annoyed international management is gone and doesn’t care about women football. 

2 minutes ago, Fat_Frank8 said:

Firstly that quote’s from another thread so you already failed there. Secondly all I see is he’s annoyed they dropped international management, they cut the weight and that he doesn’t care about women football and whether it’s in the game or not. You were supposed to quote someone from this thread who was angry that women football is in the game. You managed to quote someone from another thread who’s annoyed international management is gone and doesn’t care about women football. 

what is this :D He literally called it "woke ****". The entire post is him crying about women's football.

If you cannot show basic reading comprehension then there really is little point of this.

Enjoy continuing supporting misogynistic behaviours.

2 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

what is this :D He literally called it "woke ****". The entire post is him crying about women's football.

If you cannot show basic reading comprehension then there really is little point of this.

The ”woke sh*t” was obviously about the weight being removed so i don’t think you should be questioning someone elses reading comprehension. 😁

Just now, Fat_Frank8 said:

The ”woke sh*t” was obviously about the weight being removed so i don’t think you should be questioning someone elses reading comprehension. 😁

yep, that's why he put it after talking about pronouns and gender.

3 hours ago, ajw10 said:

He was literally kicked out the thread and picked up a infraction for being misogynistic and transphobic, and by a member of SI, not even a mod, thats how badly that went down. Anyone looking to replicate that posting style isnt going to last very long around here. 

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

He was literally kicked out the thread and picked up a infraction for being misogynistic and transphobic, and by member of SI, not even a mod, thats how badly that went down. Anyone looking to replicate that posting style isnt going to last very long around here. 

I'm afraid it was all about weight! SI are wrong!

I haven't voted as it's a meaningless and absurd question to ask in the first place.

I haven't decided whether to buy FM25 yet, but if I do buy it, I will definitely play a women's league, get to know the players, the rules etc. 

Edited by Mystique
clarity

I doubt I would play it either, but I'm sure for some it will be their main method of playing. SI probably shouldn't have tried to include it at the same time as all the other changes, since it does give people an easy excuse to point at a reason for the delay (or poor initial release if that happens).

I'm actually curious if the selection/inclusion of women's leagues will be mandatory when selecting a country. I've seen some people say that it definitely won't be mandatory, but it wouldn't shock me too much if it is. It would create a lot of complaints (some justified) if they do include them, so hopefully it's not mandatory.

I don't personally have a single iota of interest in women's football IRL, but I've also spent many hours of my life managing in every single league available in Vanilla FM and many more not available where I don't even know a single player...so yeah I'll give a women's save a go at some point.