Suggestion to SI Games: Instead of rushing FM 25, release a data update for FM 24

I am afraid this is not a viable option. However, I believe a 24.5 patch with a transfer update should be feasible and highly appreciated, as mods are not as good as official patches. Since they already have the database ready for FM 25, importing it into FM 24 should not require much effort from SI. I wonder if making the season start in July 2024 with a patch would be troublesome (I doubt it, but who knows?).

While I understand that SI might view a patch as potentially detrimental to FM 25’s future sales, it could also be a great and appreciated PR move that would positively impact public opinion about the company. This is something they can assess better than we can.

Maybe if we become POLITELY vocal about the patch, it will happen. Fingers crossed, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

4 dakika önce, Taliten Crow said:

I am afraid this is not a viable option. However, I believe a 24.5 patch with a transfer update should be feasible and highly appreciated, as mods are not as good as official patches. Since they already have the database ready for FM 25, importing it into FM 24 should not require much effort from SI. I wonder if making the season start in July 2024 with a patch would be troublesome (I doubt it, but who knows?).

While I understand that SI might view a patch as potentially detrimental to FM 25’s future sales, it could also be a great and appreciated PR move that would positively impact public opinion about the company. This is something they can assess better than we can.

Maybe if we become POLITELY vocal about the patch, it will happen. Fingers crossed, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I totaly agree. 

I get the feeling that if the game could be patched to start a full year later, one of those clever modders would have done already.
It feels like the sort of simple change that could break the entire game. But I'm not a coding expert, just a user who can quit anytime he wants........

4 dakika önce, Nonlondoner said:

I get the feeling that if the game could be patched to start a full year later, one of those clever modders would have done already.
It feels like the sort of simple change that could break the entire game. But I'm not a coding expert, just a user who can quit anytime he wants........

But player profiles are totaly outdated and we can't modifly cups in the editor.

4 minuti fa, Nonlondoner ha scritto:

Fair enough. However, when starting a new save, you have some options (e.g., beginning and end of preseason). While this might not be available to modders, it could be feasible for SI, who have access to the game’s source code. Again, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

6 dakika önce, inacion said:

This is a good transfer update https://fmtransferupdate.com/. You can register on this website and contribute with transfer updates that you know about. Then the administrators will validate the updates and the provided official sources that the transfer really happened

That does not update players profiles and euro tournuments formats

3 minutes ago, inacion said:

This is a good transfer update https://fmtransferupdate.com/. You can register on this website and contribute with transfer updates that you know about. Then the administrators will validate the updates and the provided official sources that the transfer really happened

Problem is it only community updates only do so much.
With a full SI update you get transfers, attribute changes, club staff, new finances, contracts, wages, contract lengths, correct fixtures, European teams, teams with points deductions corrected etc 

Unfortately, as good a job as the community do, it's a full-time job to sort all these things out and the community updates simply can't compete with the proper thing. 

Knowing it's also not an option, probably contractually, why release in March 2025 when the season is 90% completed and just release a 25/26 version earlier at the new season start (but after the transfer window). I know, for one I won't be paying $70 (for me) in March and then $70+ in November. 

1 hour ago, AdeC said:

Knowing it's also not an option, probably contractually, why release in March 2025 when the season is 90% completed and just release a 25/26 version earlier at the new season start (but after the transfer window). I know, for one I won't be paying $70 (for me) in March and then $70+ in November. 

I suspect the new release date being March is at least in part due to accounting reasons.

A lot of companies have their financial year end at the end of March and they need to ensure something is released before then to get the money in.

That is just speculation on my part though.

Just reissue FM24 with new databse and fix a few more bugs and push back the FM 2.0 til FM 26,  I guess its too late for them to do that...but it sure seemed from the outside this was far too ambitious a leap to pull off.  I DID expect them to release relatively ontime but be the BUGGIEST FM EVER.  

And I was still gonna buy it. Pre-Release!  

Yup, I'm an addict and I know it. 

20 dakika önce, DominicForza said:

Just reissue FM24 with new databse and fix a few more bugs and push back the FM 2.0 til FM 26,  I guess its too late for them to do that...but it sure seemed from the outside this was far too ambitious a leap to pull off.  I DID expect them to release relatively ontime but be the BUGGIEST FM EVER.  

And I was still gonna buy it. Pre-Release!  

Yup, I'm an addict and I know it. 

I will also buy fm 25. But march 2025 is too too late.

12 hours ago, Nonlondoner said:

There already is mods and updates out there where you can start in July 2024 with real life results from the 23-24 season. The only downside is they can't do it for the cups, so cup winners are random and different.

Data updates can be done with the editor. SI releasing a fm24 update I do not think it is possible, since all resources would be allocated to delivering fm25 in March (and fm26 in November???), so we will have to live with what we have and that is fm24. Let's see if next January we won't have an announcement canceling fm25. 

How hard can it be. Just update the date, start time and realease a discountet DLC for FM 2024 for this season.

Noone is gonna buy 2025 in march, it will probably have lots of bugs etc, it maybe gets acceptable mid 2025 when the season is over anyway. Better to invest a heatlhy FM 2026 and give fans an DLC update untill than. 

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the mechanics to do this already programmed into the game.

When we start the game we have the option to have real world transfers, so that they happen on the same day as they did in the real world. Couple that with the ability to holiday to the start of the second season we should be able to have the transfers in place. You can even have the ability to holiday to the start of the second season and have the transfers in place where you holiday up to. Whether that would include stat boosts like we have when we start the game with the January window I do not know,

We know the game can handle you starting it with the January transfers in place. We should be able to holiday to the start of the second season with the transfers in place at least if we cannot have the same results.

SI has been bashed for introducing women's football in FM25, thing that caused the infamous delay to March due to "resources diverted to implement it" - not my words - , and now it's been asked for more people to work on an update to be created, translated, tested and released for a product which is going to be buried in 5 months.

Curious.

Edited by Federico