Official Lost Season 5 Thread *airs in the US on Wednesdays @ 9PM EST (Thur 2AM GMT)*

LokedOut420

That might have not been the real Jacob. Ben always went to the cabin to see jacob and he never lived there. Could turn it on the head and say Smokey/Flocke wanted Jack and co dead as it would then mean Ben wouldn't be saved.

Actually, didn't Ben admit he hadn't spoken with Jacob? Not sure how they came up with those lists then. He did tell Goodwin 'I want lists in 3 days' when the tail section crashed, based on what I am not sure.

We were led to believe the island was involved though as he needed surgury and a surgeon appeared, etc

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what I mean ... what is 'not there in the first place'?

NONE of them were there until they were snatched from the plane. Sun was with them on the plane. Had Jack not been snatched from the plane then he also 'wouldn't be there in the first place'. There is no first place.

There must be a reason why out of all of the O6 from Ajira only Sun wasn't taken in the flash of light from the plane, that's odd.

There were all in the 70's because they caused the explosion. Charlotte is proof they were already in the 70's when she was growing up she said so herself. Plus the picture Sun had of the losties in the 70's.

Actually, didn't Ben admit he hadn't spoken with Jacob? Not sure how they came up with those lists then. He did tell Goodwin 'I want lists in 3 days' when the tail section crashed, based on what I am not sure.

We were led to believe the island was involved though as he needed surgury and a surgeon appeared, etc

He wanted list of people on the plane, what they did, who they were, if someone was pregnant etc etc

There were all in the 70's because they caused the explosion. Charlotte is proof they were already in the 70's when she was growing up she said so herself. Plus the picture Sun had of the losties in the 70's.

Yes, but Razzler is (correctly) stating, that there really isn't any known reason why Sun wasn't taken back also?

Sun could have easily gone back and featured in that photo - just in the same way as Hurley didn't really need to be there...

Yeah, thanks, thought it was me missing something there. As I said, there is no reason Sun shouldn't have been taken to the 70s also and had her photo and all that, that's the random bit, none of them were there until that Ajira flight, which she was on.

Charlotte was in the 70s as a kid on the island, Miles was also on the island as a kid. They are on the island in the 70s as kids, that always happened, even before season 1 started. The Losties are there as they were 'taken' from the plane but that didn't include Sun.

I'm sure there WILL be a reason she wasn't taken however - we just don't know it yet.

Some people have alluded it's because only the ones touched by Jacob went back. Others have said it's because Locke never actually asked Sun to go back before he died. Maybe we'll find out next season...

Yeah I understand there is no known reason why Sun didn't go back. But what I am getting at is when Miles and Charlotte was a kid on the island so were Jack, Kate, Hugo Sawyer and the same time there is a 70's jack, Kate, Hugo living in America living their lives as normal.

We the audience follow the jack, kate, hugo from America on to the plane, on to the island, then back off the island then back to the plane again in which they return back to the 70's.

I know Sun didn't return to the 70 as that reason is not known yet. My thought is she wasn't there in the first place for whatever reason that is unknown to us so she wouldn't return there now.

That's the exact thing you said before and I questioned before :D The 'back to the 70s' is the Losties present, there's no back to the 70s in their time line, there's no reason that we know of that Sun isn't with them, there's no 'she wasn't there before', none of them were until they got taken from the plane.

I think the Jacob didn't touch her/Locke promised Jin line is probably something to do with it.

They were there before. Little Charlotte (70's) spoke to Faraday (2009) in 1970. Fast forward to 2009 she tells Faraday that she spoke to him in 1970, tells him he was there in 1970. Faraday was confused couldn't remember speaking to Charlotte in 1970 as we was never born. Then later he ends up in 1970 and reacts the whole scene again telling little Charlotte she must leave the Island and never return (This of course he thinks he can change things, but he know he can't as what ever happen had happen).

So in Sun's case she never was on the Island in the 70's as it never happen so it will not happen again. - For whatever the reason is.

it is interesting, I think whatever happened did happen including the bomb??

but?? LOLZZZZZZZ

how can this be if the plane doesn't crash in S6. Something (not the bomb is different) oh confusion

The bomb did happen and will happen again no matter how many time they try to stop it try to blow it up. One thing always leads to another that makes that event happen as it is set in stone it will happen.

Basically you can't change the past or future unless you are a variable and this is Desmond.

Yes, I know that. Until Faraday came back on the sub and went to speak to Charlotte that did not happen. What happened, happened, she only remembered that as her mind was traveling through consciousness, that's why she told Daniel "I think it was you". He was torn as to whether he would actually follow through and tell her that, what happened, happened so he obviously did.

The Losties are there now, they're in their present. They obviously weren't there before as they were 30 years younger. They're not going back as they are there now for the first time in a different time line. We're watching atm when they were 'there before', it's the first time in their time line.

You can't say 'Sun wasn't there before' when none of them were there before until the Ajira plane journey. Whatever Charlotte saw was when they had already arrived back in the 70s on Ajira. She didn't tell Daniel that in the current time line when she was with him everyday (previous series), it was when her mind was going mental through time she recollected it, cause they were in the 70s now, they hadn't been to the 70s before in the previous series when she's with Daniel all the time.

If Hurley didn't get taken from the plane he'd be in the exact same situation as Sun, why Sun wasn't taken with them is the question and 'Sun wasn't there before' is not the answer as they are there in the 70s now in the same way Sun is hanging out with Ben and fake Locke now in the 'present'

The bomb did happen and will happen again no matter how many time they try to stop it try to blow it up. One thing always leads to another that makes that event happen as it is set in stone it will happen.

Basically you can't change the past or future unless you are a variable and this is Desmond.

Not according to Faraday and his new findings, he was under the impression you could change things, he's probably going to end up wrong but I didn't like the fact that he even thought that, doesn't make sense

but assuming the opening scene of S6 is them landing in LAX then we have changed things...

Until that happens which I don't think it will. Because that would be boring. Oh the Losties reset the time and we see Kate go to prison, Hugo not winning the lottery and works at the burger place for the rest of his life etc etc would be boring so they won't go down that route. Bit of a cop out of they ran that story line.

Yes, I know that. Until Faraday came back on the sub and went to speak to Charlotte that did not happen. What happened, happened, she only remembered that as her mind was traveling through consciousness, that's why she told Daniel "I think it was you". He was torn as to whether he would actually follow through and tell her that, what happened, happened so he obviously did.

The Losties are there now, they're in their present. They obviously weren't there before as they were 30 years younger. They're not going back as they are there now for the first time in a different time line. We're watching atm when they were 'there before', it's the first time in their time line.

You can't say 'Sun wasn't there before' when none of them were there before until the Ajira plane journey. Whatever Charlotte saw was when they had already arrived back in the 70s on Ajira. She didn't tell Daniel that in the current time line when she was with him everyday (previous series), it was when her mind was going mental through time she recollected it, cause they were in the 70s now, they hadn't been to the 70s before in the previous series when she's with Daniel all the time.

If Hurley didn't get taken from the plane he'd be in the exact same situation as Sun, why Sun wasn't taken with them is the question and 'Sun wasn't there before' is not the answer as they are there in the 70s now in the same way Sun is hanging out with Ben and fake Locke now in the 'present'

Oh yeah the PRESNET Losties never "went back" so to speak but there WERE there in 1970 it just that it hasn't happen for the PRESENT losties yet but it did happen and will happen to them.

So what I am getting at in 1970 there was no Sun for whatever reason, so when the PRESENT Sun tried to go "back" to 1970 she won't be able to as she was never there in the 1st place. - For whatever reason.

I know you're going to explain this bit to me again ^ but honestly my head is spinning and your going to have to explain it another way how my thoughts are wrong.

I understand where your coming from but I am seeing it as one big cycle (loop theory) where it will return to a constant time line again.

As for the Charlotte/faraday thing, she might not have told Faraday anything because she didn't understand the whole thing which is why she came back on the island to try to find out what was so special about it and what the connection was to her and why she was told never to come back.

I am going off the What happen happen theory. So what happen in the 70s happen, if Sun never happen in the 70s, then she won't happen again when he tried to go back. If Faraday spoke to Charlotte in the 70's then he will speak to her again when he gets time travelled back.

But why did the the O6 get sent back in time? Why only them? And why not Sun aswell. Fair enough it had "already" happened, but it doesn't explain why they got sent back in time but everyone else on the plane didn't.

Did Sun not get touched by Jacob and the wedding? Or did just Jin?

But it hasn't 'already happened' as what we are watching on the screen is the Losties present. Any notion of them 'being there before' is purely cause those 5 and only those 5 and not Sun were taken in the flash on Ajira.

The fact Sun is not taken is the only thing that seperates her from 'being in the 70s'. Jack, Kate, etc were not 'returning' to the 70s, they were going there for the first time in their time line. Sun was in their time line. Now they are in seperate time lines.

Whatever happened, happened doesn't apply in the seperation of Sun and the other 5, we don't know why. I think maybe she was touched, I'm going with Locke promised as they made a point of him saying that.

But it hasn't 'already happened' as what we are watching on the screen is the Losties present. Any notion of them 'being there before' is purely cause those 5 and only those 5 and not Sun were taken in the flash on Ajira.

I agree, was replying to Delta. When I said it had "already happened", I mean't it had already happened in a normal timeline (1970's, 1980's etc) them appearing in the 70's. but obviously not for the O6's timeline

I've been thinking but can't remember, in season 3 the Others were building a runway. The runway which saved the lifes of everyone on Airja 316 when it emergancy landed. How did they know to build the runway? I seem to remember Jacob requested it?

Ah, yeah, good call, totally forgot about that!! Was in those first 6 episodes of season 3. Can't remember if Jacob requested it but yeah, kind of like expecting a plane to return, I guess.

Who would want that though, Jacob needs the O6 back to be on his side in the war?

Remember, we also had Eloise saying to Penny in the hospital when Desmond got shot by Ben "for the first in a long time, I don't know what will happen next" which is like something unpredictable had happened.

I took that as Faraday being back but it seems like she knew she was sending him to die as she shot him, needed him to die to continue the linearage.

I also liked when Widmore has offerend Faraday a position on the Freighter his Mum was telling him to do and how he wouldn't have time for other things in his life (women, piano) and he said, rather pointedly "I can make time" ... not in the way we'd say it, very clear, camera shot on his face.

I've been thinking but can't remember, in season 3 the Others were building a runway. The runway which saved the lifes of everyone on Airja 316 when it emergancy landed. How did they know to build the runway? I seem to remember Jacob requested it?

You know what - I've heard people mentioning a "runway" before when Ajira landed / crashed, and I never even twigged that Sawyer and Kate were all helping to build a runway back in S3. Talk about arriving to the party late...

I shall go back and watch that with extra interest now :D

The fact Sun is not taken is the only thing that seperates her from 'being in the 70s'. Jack, Kate, etc were not 'returning' to the 70s, they were going there for the first time in their time line. Sun was in their time line. Now they are in seperate time lines.

Whatever happened, happened doesn't apply in the seperation of Sun and the other 5, we don't know why. I think maybe she was touched, I'm going with Locke promised as they made a point of him saying that.

I see what you are saying, I'm seeing things as a loop and there is two of the same person in one timeline.

When they first landed in 2003, the event in 1977 already happen as it resulted in the events happening in 2003. They going back won't change things as it already happen.

From this point I am see it as they already been back.i'm looking it as an overall picture. Your looking at it from the present time.

You're right in a sense it hasn't already happen but none of the theories will be correct till season 6 starts. We don't know if the bomb has reset time, we don't know if it pushedthem forward to 2009 which means the plane already landed.

• 1 month later...

I cant wait for the new season, Season 5 was prob the best season of lost since season 1, so i'm sure they're gonna go out with a bang.

do you think they'd have continued on with another few seasons, remember that ABC had ordered them to come up with a set of episodes and to find a certain direction cause of the fact folk were losing interest with it, well do you think if that had never been ordered to them, that they'd have moved on with another season or so at least?

I cant wait for the new season, Season 5 was prob the best season of lost since season 1, so i'm sure they're gonna go out with a bang.

do you think they'd have continued on with another few seasons, remember that ABC had ordered them to come up with a set of episodes and to find a certain direction cause of the fact folk were losing interest with it, well do you think if that had never been ordered to them, that they'd have moved on with another season or so at least?

He pretty much says that the ending they have planned is the ending they always planned but they didn't know if they'd arrive at is in 2 seasons, 4 seasons, 8 seasons, etc

There's a thing in the Q&A asking if 'they made it up' and that's how he answered, said they had to make it up as they went sometimes as Eko wanted to leave the show, the were over budget so put them in cages for 4 episodes :D (some of my least favourite episodes tbh - I guess this was around the writer's strike, lots of budget problems for shows around then).

Said his least favourite episode was 'Homecoming' (I think) where Charlie tries to go straight, selling photo-copiers and then shoots Ethan on the island. Stuck up for the Jack/Tattoo episode saying 'poor premise choice' 'poor cast choice' but said script was ok. I can only assume he is referring to Bai Ling as 'poor cast choice' in that one, almost as if they committed to it and then shoe-horned her in.

I'm going to have to buy the season 5 DVD this week to remind me what happened. I'm still confused as to what Jack thinks they'll achieve with the bomb. I know it means their plane won't crash but the current them will just die? I probably haven't made it clear what confuses me!

Anyway we'll know all the answers in 3 months!

I think Jack is of the thinking, based on what Faraday told him that detonating that bomb means they'll cease to have come to the island and their plane will land, as it should have, in Los Angeles because it will stop the construction of the Hatch and that is what caused their plane to crash / via Desmond.

I think that's some kind of red-herring storyline to get the bomb detonated and whatever they really want to do as it makes no sense. Faraday came back on the Sub spouting some rubbish about 'oh, btw, we CAN change things now' which is flying in the face of pretty much everyone's understanding of time travel and also what they have been pushing to us all show and Faraday studied for years and years about this ... goes back for a few months and it's all changed ... some Scientist!

As far as I am concerned, 'what happened, happened' and I don't buy any "if we blow this up, the hatch isn't built and we didn't crash ..." line as it doesn't make sense, it's all a little too 'Back to the Future, disappearing from the photo, which they mocked earlier in the season, for me.

Title of first episode has been released:

Title of the first episode is apparently LA X - that's the airline code for LA Airport, I believe the space between the LA and X is there although wouldn't be in the real airport code, could be a typo - this hints that the plane landed so obviously it doesn't, doesn't make any sense tbh

Promotional Poster for the new series:

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/8100000/LOST-Season-6-Promo-Poster-lost-8120940-1440-900.jpg - pretty much everyone who has been in the show, Jack standing right in the middle looking at the camera and Locke turned away, also, everyone around him's body language is defensive, arms crossed so they are not in agreement with him / well, it's not him now anyway, it's Flocke!

that first episode title has been out for a couple of months now, along with several other episodes. the date of the premiere has also been announced as January 20th.

6x02 - "LA X (Part Two)"

6x03 - "What Kate Does"

6x04 - "The Substitute"

6x05 - "Lighthouse"

6x06 - "Sundown"

I think Jack is of the thinking, based on what Faraday told him that detonating that bomb means they'll cease to have come to the island and their plane will land, as it should have, in Los Angeles because it will stop the construction of the Hatch and that is what caused their plane to crash / via Desmond.

I think that's some kind of red-herring storyline to get the bomb detonated and whatever they really want to do as it makes no sense. Faraday came back on the Sub spouting some rubbish about 'oh, btw, we CAN change things now' which is flying in the face of pretty much everyone's understanding of time travel and also what they have been pushing to us all show and Faraday studied for years and years about this ... goes back for a few months and it's all changed ... some Scientist!

As far as I am concerned, 'what happened, happened' and I don't buy any "if we blow this up, the hatch isn't built and we didn't crash ..." line as it doesn't make sense, it's all a little too 'Back to the Future, disappearing from the photo, which they mocked earlier in the season, for me.

Title of first episode has been released:

Title of the first episode is apparently LA X - that's the airline code for LA Airport, I believe the space between the LA and X is there although wouldn't be in the real airport code, could be a typo - this hints that the plane landed so obviously it doesn't, doesn't make any sense tbh

Promotional Poster for the new series:

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/8100000/LOST-Season-6-Promo-Poster-lost-8120940-1440-900.jpg - pretty much everyone who has been in the show, Jack standing right in the middle looking at the camera and Locke turned away, also, everyone around him's body language is defensive, arms crossed so they are not in agreement with him / well, it's not him now anyway, it's Flocke!

About the title of first episode:

With relation to the title of the first episode, it's not a typo and is believed to refer to a particular character. Speculation is that it refers to flocke.

Also pretty big spoiler about going on's in filming (don't read if you want to be spoiled):

Reset does happen. But as an alternate timeline. Haven't a clue how its meant to work though.

Archived