ri916's FM14 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

Taking an absolute shelling in Liga adelante :( 11 games in and we have conceded 34 goals.

Not sure if my tactic just isn't cut out for the next level, or if the patches etc have thrown things out. Time for a rethink to try and save the season!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeclano Deportivo

2014/15

p><p>The youth intake wasn

Daniel Grandio (15a) - a right winger, but he can't dribble. Still, the ass man thinks he's going to be awesome so fingers crossed

Juan Miguel (15b) - left winger who looks promising

Diego (15c) - another GK for the team (number 4), he probably won't play for a good few years, if ever

Ruben Gonzalez (15d) - the best CA of the intake, he went straight into the first team and performed admirably

Francisco Garcia (15e) - another central defender who'll probably be around the first team sooner rather than later

Eugenio Garcia (15f) - a striker who might come in useful in my 343 formation if injuries hit

Next season: survival again, the squad turnover will be minimal so I'll be looking for more of the same

[/size]

[/size]

Congrats on the promotion Darren1983!

I will have my Weymouth season 3 review up a little later that I finished yesterday.

It is now currently on hold, due to a new bug I uncovered and reported regarding youth level, so I have decided that I might as well start my 'diversion' attempt at this challenge already.

So, here is the new English manager of Swedish Second Division West Gotaland side Vastra Frolunda IF;

pvf5.jpg

Vastra Frolunda IF Background

Starting Club Information

There are a lot of choices for clubs in this challenge in Sweden due to the 4 regional divisions at the lowest level. I chose Frolunda due to their pitch type, which I have never had at any club I have managed in any iteration of FM - Synthetic (New Type - Soft).

NOTE - Not really a spoiler on either game, but I am starting out with the same tactic at Frolunda as I have been using with Weymouth and I either need to start attending semi-professional games in Sweden or the ME doesn't have a good handle on them just yet. 8 league games in and we have already had 8-4, 6-4, 6-3 games and a rather pedestrian by comparison 4-1 game.

My Swedish write ups will probably be a little shorter due to the quicker seasons (22 league games in current lowest division).

Braumiller, I think that youth level is upgraded (facilities screen) after season ends...

p.s. Gratz on promotion :D

Competitions

Skrill Premier : 1st

FA Cup : 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy : 2nd Round

League Review

Oh my! In a year that we were all looking to survive, everyone outdid themselves and we rarely fell off the morale train! With a single loss (a 0-3 whooping) in our first 8 league games (W5, D2, L1) we had a great foundation to build on and everyones morale was sky high due to our low expectations. We had a mini stumble around the end of November / start of December where we had just 1 win in 6, but after that we strung together a great unbeaten run of 16 games (11 wins, 5 draws) which took us clear at the top. 5th from last game was away at 2nd place Dag & Redbridge and we fought from behind to earn a 2-2 draw and essentially end their chase. A win and a draw later and we were crowned champions with a couple of games left to spare!

Cup Review

Not great this year. Out at the first hurdle for us in the FA Cup and just the one win in the FA Trophy (although it was 7-1!). Just 4.7k prize money from the cups this year.

Squad Information

They all performed fantastic. Top scorer was Ben Joyce, who continues to fall from favor with the coaches and their ability reviews of him. Hard to drop him though as he, despite his unspectacular attributes, always manages to get on the end of moves. He is my highest earner currently and due a new contract during the close season, so he may well negotiate his way out of the club yet...

We avoided injuries fairly well this year, with just the one major injury. Our main playmaker, Saheed Sankoh broke his leg in the final stretch of games and will miss the first 1-2 months of next year because of it.

Youth Intake

An interesting intake, but FAR too top heavy. 5 of the top 6 ranked potentials have their primary position as striker. It may be hard to accomodate them all in the setup, so loans may be in order. If any shine, it could be the beginning of the end for my 2 high paid (relatively speaking) aging forwards to be let go. All 4 below are initially noted as having good Premier Skrill potential by the coaches.

Colin Kilford (YP 03A) - I like the two footedness of this kid, and his starting attributes give me confidence to throw him into some first team games and see if he can contribute.

Geoff Mundee (YP 03B) - The sole non-forward of the tagged group, with a little bit of versatility. Will be rotated into first team games to give experience.

Danny Hopwood (YP 03C) - Another striker and better starting attributes than last years. Will line up behind Kilford for first team opportunities.

Eren Johnson (YP 03D) - A little bit pacier than the other intake forwards, which might cause him to jump above them as a change of pace substitute.

Miscellaneous

Well this season blew the doors off of my expectations. I cannot imagine we will be able to ride the crest of a morale wave again, as I expect the fully professional competition to put us firmly in our place. Also a little concerned that while the depth of youths coming through is ok, we have yet to receive a 'wow' youth yet. Still, grind out the results.

I presume our chairman will take us professional during this close season, which will make timing interesting on contract renewals. I have 8 first team renewals coming up, and probably only a week or two for negotiating them if I wait until the season reset which is when I presume the switch to professional (and full time contracts) will happen.

Taking a look at current wage bills makes for eye opening reading. In the Skrill Premier this year, the highest seasonal wage bill was 1.43m and the lowest was 0.34m (us!). I am very happy to a- be able to keep wages in check and b- avoid serious injury issues as I am running a very small squad.

Now, in League Two where we are heading. The highest seasonal wage total this year was 3.55m and the lowest was 0.77m (more than twice my current).

I have no doubt my players (or their agents) will see and ask for a lot more.....

Season 4 - 2017/18 Goals

* Pure and simple. Survival!

* Minimize wage increases

SIDE NOTE

Due to a bug I am shelving this save for now until resolved. Absolutely my main save though.

Embarassingly I unintentionally uncovered the bug last year, but did not notice. In an update I stated our board had agreed to improve our youth level from 0 to 4, well it turns out it never updated from 0! I did not notice this until at the end of this year, when I could again ask to increase the level. They again agreed and said it would increase from 0 to 4. And again it did not.

Kind of key to this challenge, so I am waiting for it to be resolved.

As mentioned in a previous post, I have decided to start my side project youth challenge save ahead of schedule in a country that does not use youth level, Sweden.

Figured I may as well give this a go again this year... well I can't do any worse than last year where I was sacked after less than 6 months in my first season.

Have decided to go to Italy for this year's challenge and have gone with Unione Triestina, who have just been promoted and found themselves in Serie C1/A.

Manager Profile

Current Squad - A few loans showing under current transfer obligations, though these all appear to be ending on 30th June, so should disappear from my squad as soon as I press continue...

Under 19's Squad - Well there are 9 non-grey players in the squad, so at least there's some players there - can see the first couple of youth intakes all getting contracts based on that

Facilities

Finances

At least with the stadium size, I'll not have to worry about that for a long while, should I be lucky enough to survive that long. Let's see if I can actually make some progress this year with this challenge...

Got to be something about your tactic Braumiller rather than Sweden, in 2 seasons I haven't had a game where either side has scored more than 4 goals.

Man, this league is nuts. In another game Ytterby just crushed someone 8-1, with one of their strikers getting 7 (seven) of them. He now has 15 in 8 starts and 1 sub appearance. They also have another striker with 12 goals in 8 starts.

Braumiller, I think that youth level is upgraded (facilities screen) after season ends...

The thing is, this happened (unknowingly until now) last year as well and it stayed at 0 :(

Leça

Bartrcm - Leça- Second division - 2016/17

End of season

Pre-season prediction: death last

Half way season we were in terrible shape and only managed to gain a miserably 15 points.

Looking at the last 3 seasons, the minimum of points to stay up were: 35-41-35. So to be pretty sure to stay up we needed at least 26 points in the second half of the season.

We started the second part of the season pretty well: 6 wins, 3 draws and only 3 losses in the first 12 games. These results putted us in 18th position, and we opened a gap of 8 points with number 20.

And suddenly all that good work stopped, and our last 10 games of the season were a disaster. 9 losses and only 1 win.

All these results together gives us 36 points. In 2 of the last 3 seasons this was enough to stay up, but is it also enough to keep Leça another season in the second division?

Results.

Final table.

Amazingly we survived with only 1 point!!!!

This succes keeps Leça another season in the second division!!!!!!

We also had a youth intake, but i'm not sure they are very good this year. Lots of potential, but I don't know that they will reach there maximum potential fast enough.

Gonçalo Azevedo (YP4a)

Francisco Pinho (YP4b)

Hélder Saraiva (YP4c)

Gil Pinho (YP4d)

Transfers

Goals for next season:

Again survive, and if possible with more than 1 point. ;)

Hi everyone,

I will be trying this challenge for the first time. I decided to go to Turkey, a country where I have never played before. I'm looking forward to it. I started the game last night and chose Sekerspor A.S. based in Ankara. Huge first team and reserve team to start and really good facilities with a stadium of 20,000. I will post my profile later today or tomorrow. I don't have a lot of time to play so my updates will most likely be far in between.

By the way, the reset date in Turkey is June 20th instead of the 19th.

Had to abandon my much loved strikerless formation unfortunately as I was just getting destroyed with it. Gone to a solid and contain style 442 which has stopped the rot.

I say solid and contain, and yet I just won my latest match 9 v 3!!!

Yeah, something not right in the match engine!

Sometimes you just feel smug in this game! After losing 5 on the bounce, and looking terrible, I made the afore mentioned formation change, built a new tactic and implemented it.

The next 5 games? 5 straight wins........

Im certain something will along now and knock me off my perch, but its a good feeling you do occasionally get it right!

Hello everyone enjoyed reading this thread and thought i would join in. I've never done one of these challenges before so looking forward to it.

I opted for France and chose Rodez Aveyron Football "Le RAF".

Youth

The youth intake was ok for us.

Alban Maury The star of the intake very excited for him.

Yacine Benabdellah 4 star

Georges Bacoull 4 star

Nolan Hernandez 4 star

Messaoud Bahloul 3.5 star

The main squad doesnt look too bad plenty of players at each position. Looking forward to doing this and will update mid-way or at end of season.

Wish me luck! :thup:

Got to be something about your tactic Braumiller rather than Sweden, in 2 seasons I haven't had a game where either side has scored more than 4 goals.

The level of craziness in this division just keeps astounding me.

dsfw.jpg

I swear, I fully expect a news item from the Swedish FA when I hit continue telling me that ourselves and Norrby broke a new Swedish FA rule by playing a GK....

dsfw.jpg

I swear, I fully expect a news item from the Swedish FA when I hit continue telling me that ourselves and Norrby broke a new Swedish FA rule by playing a GK....

Spain is the same. In my last 5 games ive had a 9 v 3 win, a 5v2 loss and a 5v4 win.

At the exact half way point in the league (each team played 21 games) the AVERAGE goals scored per game, per team, is almost exactly 2. Also no team has conceded less than 27 goals across 21 games.

Hello everyone enjoyed reading this thread and thought i would join in. I've never done one of these challenges before so looking forward to it.

I opted for France and chose Rodez Aveyron Football "Le RAF".

Youth

The youth intake was ok for us.

Alban Maury The star of the intake very excited for him.

Yacine Benabdellah 4 star

Georges Bacoull 4 star

Nolan Hernandez 4 star

Messaoud Bahloul 3.5 star

The main squad doesnt look too bad plenty of players at each position. Looking forward to doing this and will update mid-way or at end of season.

Wish me luck! :thup:

Hi Badabing,

Welcome to the challenge and good luck in France, I will be looking out for how you do. Maury definitely looks like he could do the business for you.

dsfw.jpg

Yeah, ME still isn't tuned properly...

Really struggling to tie any players down for wages within my budget. I'm not having German Third Division players on over £5k a week. My youth team players won't sign a further professional deal at 17years of age, half my team's contracts run out at the end of the season and want far too much to be renewed....time to take a sabbatical. I started an FC United one around the same time think I'll switch my attentions to that one...

Umedalen IF

Swedish 2nd Division North

Umedalens_IF_zps24798d29.png

It has been enjoyable to watch everyones progress in this challenge and I have decided to give it a go.

This is my first time doing a youth challenge and my second year of FM. I decided to manage in Sweden because the length of the seasons is appealing along with being able to manage somewhere I might not have picked otherwise.

There are a few promising looking youths on the squad and on the youth squad. Now if I can just tie down some contracts long enough to let them develop.

Tactically I was going to go with a basic 4-4-2 but now i am leaning towards a more pressing/fluid style i have been testing.

I realize to successfully complete the challenge from Sweden is not a easy thing to do. I think it will still be fun to try and if they can me this old Yank will pack up and head to the warmer climate somewhere in the Mediterranean :).

Quick Update

Some excellent news I've finally managed to get a previously uninterested youth team star Can Yayla YP01a to extend his contract (the maximum he could sign was 3 years) But i cheekily put the option to extend contract for a further 3 years and triggered that clause immediately after him agreeing a new deal. I now have him on a 6year deal for a modest 1k a week :D time to get all my youth products on those types of deals!

Right, time to give this a blast and see how I get on.

Manager Profile

Starting Facilities

Legacy Transfers

Decided to stick with the North of England and Buxton are the best of the bad bunch, but the deal closer for me was Andy Warrington between the sticks, being a Miller myself I just had go with them.

An added bonus was that of Luke Waterfall coming in from Scunthorpe United, I worked with him this time last year before he moved to Scunthorpe. So his twitter feed is going to get rammed! Also Chris Carruthers was due to sign from Corby Town

Looking at the wage budget, I have a good £1.67k to use of keeping what I have at the club, with loads of players at the club the current crop of youths may have to wait a while until players start to leave.

With no back room staff, that's where I will have to start and then hope to get some great coaches to develop what I have.

625997.jpg

Table - Position Graph - Finances - Transfer - Squad

Skrill North - 2nd / FA Cup - Had a little run / FA Trophy - Terrible

We certainly kicked on this season putting together a run of 9 wins in the middle of the season although we didn't quite have enough to get top spot.

So off to the playoffs we go vs Stalybridge. The first leg was at their ground where we managed to come away with a late winner to win 2-1. We then took an early lead at home and never looked like losing running out 3-2 winners.

Off to the final we go vs Harrogate. We controlled the game having 63% of the possession but neither team could find the finishing touch and extra time rolled around. Harrogate found a second wind from somewhere and hit us with two quick goals to end the dreams of our 105 season ticket holders. A disappoint 2-0 loss in the playoff final.

Key Youth Players

Nigel Faulkner YP01b - Became out captain at the tender age of 17 and was not impressed. Everyone else was happy though and he had a great season. Is pretty much maxed in his stats as he is losing stats not important to him.

Ant Mills YP01a - Mills cemented his place as out No 1 allowing me to let go of an ageing expensive goalkeeper. Not the best in the air but makes up for it elsewhere.

Jimmy Pearce YP00b - Jimmy was at the club when I first took over and has trained exceptionally well. Doesn't want to sign a new contract though so 99% sure he will leave at the end of the season.

Neill Winslade YP01c - Managed 44 appearances and 28 goals this season. Frustrating how many chances he missed though!

Youth Intake

This was the poorest youth intake I have had so far.

Martin Price - labelled as the most potential although he doesn't currently fit into my system.

The board agreed to upgrade the training facilities and youth recruitment is this the one with the bug or is that something else?

Goalsssss!

After getting into the playoffs the minimum aim is to be there again. We lost four first team players this season though so hopefully the replacements step up.

We really need to start kicking on higher up the league so a mid table finish would be good.

Concede less than 65 goals! - both these goals were achieved last season.

Season      League           Position      

2014/15     Skrill North     19th            
2015/16     Skrill North     18th          
2016/17     Skrill North     2nd            

I am pretty much in the same boat as Darren. I saved the game on 35 games last season hoping for an update to the contracts. I have carried on though and will see how we fair during/who we lose at the end of this season. On a side note all 4 first team players that left me went on to sign for clubs on better deals so feel it is sort of realistic. My board have also changed my ability to sign players on 3 year deals which makes it even more frustrating.

Right, time to give this a blast and see how I get on.

Manager Profile

Starting Facilities

Legacy Transfers

Decided to stick with the North of England and Buxton are the best of the bad bunch, but the deal closer for me was Andy Warrington between the sticks, being a Miller myself I just had go with them. An added bonus was that of Luke Waterfall being loaned back, I worked with him this time last year before he moved to Scunthorpe. So his twitter feed is going to get rammed!

Looking at the wage budget, I have a good £1.76k to use of keeping what I have at the club, with loads of players at the club the current crop of youths may have to wait a while until players start to leave.

With no back room staff, that's where I will have to start and then hope to get some great coaches to develop what I have.

Ohhhh Andy Andy...Andy Andy Andy Andy Warrington - SH*T!

In all seriousness...good luck with Buxton, played against them a few times as a player - the stadium will defintely need rebuilding!

Leça

Bartrcm - Leça- Second division - 2017/18

Pre-season

Prediction: again 22nd with the same odds as last year: 2000-1

Pre-season + league cup: Managed to get 2 wins in pre-season and lost all my other games including 3 league-cup games.

Although this is almost the same pre-season as last year I have a better feeling for this season. Lets hope this feeling is right.

I think I may have worked out what is causing this contract issue - the players that are refusing to talk to me are all players that became first team regulars while under the age of 17 so are on youth contracts, the players that are breaking into my team after their 17th birthday seem more open to singing contracts

Here is my info to make my entry into this challenge official...

Sekerspor - Turkish 2L Group 1

Manager Profile

Current Senior Squad

Starting Facilities

We're predicted to finish 18th this season, so relegation. Board wants safety, obviously. I'm hoping for mid table, we seem to have a pretty deep squad. I also have a full reserve squad to draw from. Should be interesting as I've never managed in Turkey before.

Leça

Bartrcm - Leça- Second division - 2017/18

Half way-season

Half way: 17th

The main problem for us is scoring goals. Only 1 or 2 teams scoring less than Leça, and I don't have any other option in the front-line. I hope that I will have a good youth intake with at least 1 good striker.

4850.png

Hampton and Richmond Season 2018/19 Review

Skrill Premier

League Table - Graph - Transfers - Squad - Finances

Going in to our first season at this level my only target was staying up. Safe to say we achieved that! With 10 points from our first 4 games I was starting to dream we could set our sights even higher then just staying up, a run of 8 games without a win ended this dream! We found our level winning a few then losing a couple, he also developed a habit of throwing away leads in the final 10 minutes (Lincoln away in Jan was a prime example - we were 3-2 up in the 88th minutes and lost 4-3) during the run in we managed to get ourselves up near the play offs, with 3 games left we climbed into 5th place, knowing that if we won our final 2 games (home to 12th placed Braintree and away to 23rd place Woking) we would secure a play off place. The Braintree game took place 48 hours after our last game and we were sluggish, a mistake by Abdalla Kassa saw Braintree nick a win and despite a 2-1 win on the final day we missed out on the play offs by a single point.

FA Cup - Lost to Bognor Regis, this came during one of our poor runs of form

FA Trophy - just awful here.

Key Players

Jim Matchett - right winger I moved from attacking RB to right wing after losing Richard Partleton last season, 12 goals and 9 assists was key for us.

Olly Witherspoon - another great season for our IF, 15 goals and 11 assists for him, just gets better.

Sami El-Abd - the only player in my squad not from the youth team, our captain was a rock at time this season, will likely be replaced in the next couple of seasons though

Jordan McQuilken - our young star, after 15 goals last season he got better this year with 20, he's refusing to sign a new deal though and is gonna be a really tough act to replace next year.

Youth Intake - not bad overall, couple of exciting players

Ranti Opara - Right winger with pace to burn

Nicky Croft - very exciting prospect, not sure to train him as a IF or use him in MC as my AP

Gary Jones - another right winger with pace to burn

Malcom Philliskirk - could be a good Target man - a nice plan B from my usual attack

Season          League          Position          Achievements

2014/15        Skrill South     6th                Manager of the year
2015/16        Skrill South     14th              N/A
2016/17        Skrill South     6th               N/A
2017/18        Skrill South     2nd              Play off winners
2018/19        Skrill Prem      6th               N/A

Xerez CD - Season 4 - 2017/18

xerez.jpg

League Position - 16th

Past Positions

Summary

All we wanted was to survive, and we did. After 7 points from our first 4 games, we went into a tailspin and lost 6 on the bounce. However a change of tactics away from our attacking 4-6-0 and into a compact and solid 4-4-2.

For the rest of the season we were inconsistent, but picked up enough results to keep us out of trouble and just above the drop zone. Never really in any danger after our good run of 6 wins in a row after the formation change.

We have survived the first year which is always a huge step. We only have 2 over 30s and belima left from the originals squad, and the 2 over 30s are totally done physically, only being kept to tutor.

Best Players

Fabio Ruiz - This is our untagged "model pro" personality, he shattered our scoring records with 31 goals. Pretty good in a bottom half side!

Inaki - Split his time between up front and on the wing and chipped in a good goals and assists return

Ruben Belima - Our star from last season continued his great form, and I have just turned down £1.4million bid from Getafe

Transfers

Clean

Youths

Intake - a couple of great prospect, but not as much depth.

Tags

Alex - An excellent looking Centre Mid

Alexis - Not to sure about this guy or his best position, but will see how he goes

Updates

Alvaro Saenz (YP01a)- Suffered from injury again unfortunately, but when fit is turning into a nice all round midfielder

Antonio Lopez de Lerma (YP01b)- Flirted in and out of the first team, and didn't let us down but also didn't set the world on fire

Laureno Maza (YP02a) - Our top prospect disappointed a little, he suffered from the formation change as it didn't play him in his favoured role.

Jose Alfonso Rodelgo (YP02b) - Terrible ave rating owing to the fact that fullbacks seem to be essentially a waste of time in this patch. Is a hard worker and can keep going all day down the flank all day.

Jose Javier (YP03a) - Another who suffered from playing fullback, however we really have no other options at right back. His long term position still looks to be centre back.

Carlos Moyano (YP03b) - Very little playing time, but still like his physical stats and his potential

Targets for next season

1)Consolidate

2) need to hit on a tactic that makes the best of our talent.

I'm a bit disappointed by my first youth intake; not that it will matter probably because I am 2nd from bottom with 7 games to go, and all but mathematically certain to have to rely on a relegation playout. Of course I might get sacked first, but my board are still satisfied, and I've found that you can usually cling on to your job for a couple of months after you are first summoned to the boardroom for crisis talks.

I have only one 5 start potential player, and he's a right back which is a position that I have another promising youngster. When I took over Piacenza, I inherited 7 players with 5 stars potential, plus 3 seniors practically there already.

Anyway, here's my new prodigio; Due-Mario Bonacci

He has low determination, although I've found that can be alleviated with mentoring.

I've immediately signed him up to a 6-year contract (if you include the 3 year extension by club option). This does sound like a good way to tie up players, if they go for it. I insisted on a full-time contract to the next prospect, and he 'redded' me saying he'd been backed into a corner.

AD_Sanjoanense_new.gif

XaW - Ad Sanjoanense - Liga Revolução 2017/18

Table - Past positions - Squad - Transfers - Finances

Before our first season in Liga Revolução I were unsure what I could expect, but had hopes of staying up. After some matches I was very surprised to find we could match most of the opponents quite well and through the entire season we were never in any danger of relegation. Lots of the young players took the step up great and we showed ourselves as a force to be reckoned with. In the end we finished in a strong 7th place. Much better than I expected and I hope we can continue our progression next season as well.

In the cup we went out in the 3rd round again.

Youth Intake:

New year, new youth intake and a bunch of fresh meat. Some promising ones as well.

New players:

Pedro (YP4a) - Report - A very talented goalkeeper. Should be useful.

João Paulo (YP4b) - Report - Good defender, once of the spots I need great talent.

Naníssio Baldé (YP4c) - Report - Promising defensive midfielder.

Valter Paulo (YP4d) - Report - Wide midfielder, but I'm considering turing him into a more central type.

Third Intake:

Rúben Pinho (YP3a) - Got as many matches as he was fit for. Did great and scored some goals in the process.

Duarte (YP3b) - Great talent who played some matches the season and proved he has something to offer.

Joaquim Tavares Almeida (YP3c) - Working on making him a DM as he is too short for DC.

Simão Mota (YP3d) - Got some matches this season and are progressing.

Vasco Simões (YP3e) - Played a lot in defense and did good.

Second Intake:

Jarbas Daniel (YP2a) - One of our best players and did well on left back.

António Couto (YP2b) - Not as impressing as last season, but is still our midfield maestro.

Fábio (YP2c) - Out on loan this season to get some matches, but need to progress further to be a contender.

Adérito Correia (YP2d) - Breakthrough season and are now first choice right back.

First Intake:

André Rocha (YP1a) - Started the season with a blast, but faded a bit as the season progressed.

Marcelo Regadas (YP1b) - The stabilizer in the team, also assisted quite a bit.

Bruno Cunha (YP1c) - Solid as a first choice goalkeeper.

Rodrigo Ferreira (YP1d) - A workhorse, but does great.

Hélder Hugo (YP1e) - Slow season for him and need to step up now that we have other young and talented strikers.

Rafa (YP1g) - Out on loan to get matches, but haven't impressed.

Jonathan Gueifão (YP1h) - Out on loan to hopefully improve, but haven't impressed.

Rui Gomes (Former YP1i) - Had a horrible season and lost his YP-tag.

António Correia (YP1j) - Out on loan to get matches, but haven't impressed.

Rúben Sá (YP1k) - Out on load and did ok.

Paulinho (YP1l) - Progression seem to have stopped, so he needs to step up to keep his tag.

Flávio Barros (Former YP1n)[/url] - Didn't improve as I had hoped.

Flávio Bessa (Former YP1p)[/url] - Nope

Season	Division	Position	Europe		Top scorer		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15	NC - D		3rd/5th		N/A		Miguel Miranda - 11	Survived the relegation stage
2015/16	NC - D		2nd/2nd		N/A		Hélder Hugo (YP1e) - 17	Lost playoff final
2016/17	NC - D		1st/1st		N/A		Hélder Hugo (YP1e) - 17	Promoted as champions
2017/18	Liga Revolução	7th		N/A		André Rocha (YP1a) - 20	Mid table as newly promoted

AD_Sanjoanense_new.gif

XaW - Ad Sanjoanense - Liga Revolução 2017/18

Table - Past positions - Squad - Transfers - Finances

Before our first season in Liga Revolução I were unsure what I could expect, but had hopes of staying up. After some matches I was very surprised to find we could match most of the opponents quite well and through the entire season we were never in any danger of relegation. Lots of the young players took the step up great and we showed ourselves as a force to be reckoned with. In the end we finished in a strong 7th place. Much better than I expected and I hope we can continue our progression next season as well.

In the cup we went out in the 3rd round again.

Youth Intake:

New year, new youth intake and a bunch of fresh meat. Some promising ones as well.

New players:

Pedro (YP4a) - Report - A very talented goalkeeper. Should be useful.

João Paulo (YP4b) - Report - Good defender, once of the spots I need great talent.

Naníssio Baldé (YP4c) - Report - Promising defensive midfielder.

Valter Paulo (YP4d) - Report - Wide midfielder, but I'm considering turing him into a more central type.

Third Intake:

Rúben Pinho (YP3a) - Got as many matches as he was fit for. Did great and scored some goals in the process.

Duarte (YP3b) - Great talent who played some matches the season and proved he has something to offer.

Joaquim Tavares Almeida (YP3c) - Working on making him a DM as he is too short for DC.

Simão Mota (YP3d) - Got some matches this season and are progressing.

Vasco Simões (YP3e) - Played a lot in defense and did good.

Second Intake:

Jarbas Daniel (YP2a) - One of our best players and did well on left back.

António Couto (YP2b) - Not as impressing as last season, but is still our midfield maestro.

Fábio (YP2c) - Out on loan this season to get some matches, but need to progress further to be a contender.

Adérito Correia (YP2d) - Breakthrough season and are now first choice right back.

First Intake:

André Rocha (YP1a) - Started the season with a blast, but faded a bit as the season progressed.

Marcelo Regadas (YP1b) - The stabilizer in the team, also assisted quite a bit.

Bruno Cunha (YP1c) - Solid as a first choice goalkeeper.

Rodrigo Ferreira (YP1d) - A workhorse, but does great.

Hélder Hugo (YP1e) - Slow season for him and need to step up now that we have other young and talented strikers.

Rafa (YP1g) - Out on loan to get matches, but haven't impressed.

Jonathan Gueifão (YP1h) - Out on loan to hopefully improve, but haven't impressed.

Rui Gomes (Former YP1i) - Had a horrible season and lost his YP-tag.

António Correia (YP1j) - Out on loan to get matches, but haven't impressed.

Rúben Sá (YP1k) - Out on load and did ok.

Paulinho (YP1l) - Progression seem to have stopped, so he needs to step up to keep his tag.

Flávio Barros (Former YP1n)[/url] - Didn't improve as I had hoped.

Flávio Bessa (Former YP1p)[/url] - Nope

Season    Division    Position    Europe        Top scorer        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15    NC - D        3rd/5th        N/A        Miguel Miranda - 11    Survived the relegation stage
2015/16    NC - D        2nd/2nd        N/A        Hélder Hugo (YP1e) - 17    Lost playoff final
2016/17    NC - D        1st/1st        N/A        Hélder Hugo (YP1e) - 17    Promoted as champions
2017/18    Liga Revolução    7th        N/A        André Rocha (YP1a) - 20    Mid table as newly promoted

All the links to your pics are extremely tiny

All the links to your pics are extremely tiny

They come out as full screen for me? Anyone else having the same problems? Steam uploading failed when I wrote the post so I had to use another provider and this is the easiest one.

Very nice progress XaW. Much better then what I am doing with Leça.

Thanks Bartrcm, I'm doing much better than I expected. I tend to get some talented youngsters most intakes, so I might have gotten lucky so far. Many of the players I have aren't capable of playing at a higher level than I am now, so I'm expecting to be in the Liga Revolução for many seasons yet.

They come out as full screen for me? Anyone else having the same problems? Steam uploading failed when I wrote the post so I had to use another provider and this is the easiest one.

Thanks Bartrcm, I'm doing much better than I expected. I tend to get some talented youngsters most intakes, so I might have gotten lucky so far. Many of the players I have aren't capable of playing at a higher level than I am now, so I'm expecting to be in the Liga Revolução for many seasons yet.

All your links are too small to read which is a shame as I was following your save closely. Perhaps it's just because I'm on an iPad?

Archived