ri916's FM14 Anglo/Euro Youth Academy Challenge

Leça

Bartrcm - Leça- Second division - 2016/17

Pre-season

Only 1 friendly and 3 League cup games: results: not very well, this is going to be a very hard season. :(

This is my team for this season. A very young team, with only 2 starting players above 20 years old.

At the moment the chairman wants to step down.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting discussion in the General forum that I started regarding the (horrible idea) In-Game Editor (IGE).

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368688-Question-About-Usage-of-In-Game-Editor

Needs addressing for challenges like this and more 'challenge user' viewpoints.

Posted my two cents in there.

Your translation is perfect XaW. :applause:

I'm from Belgium, but we also speak Dutch, but we have better beer then in The Netherlands. :)

Knew that trip to Amsterdam was good for something. Stella is Belgian, right? :cool:

Personally I don't have an issue with it. If people wanted to cheat at this challenge they already could/would have. I'm just glad that people who I don't believe should be making money off the back of the game are no longer getting that money. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though :).

Interms of lager it has to be Kronenbourg for me. Only just found out that the guy in the advert for it is Eric Cantona, thought I recognised him :o. Also, it must be brewed in France, none of this English **** :D.

AD_Sanjoanense_new.gif

XaW - Ad Sanjoanense - National Championship - D 2016/17

First Phase - Promotion Stage - Squad - Transfers - Finances

Since last season ended with a lost playoff final I had hopes of promotion this time. We started out great in the first phase and we won the first 8 games and got a huge lead. We continued the great form and qualified for the promotion stage with ease. In the promotion stage we kept on winning and were easily contending for promotion, then the patch came out and my tactic started working. Some horrible matches later we had gotten the hang of it, but managed to secure promotion due to our good start. The final match of the season was the championship game to decide the overall winner of the National Championship. We got an early 2 goal lead, but gave away a penalty and an easy goal to go into the break even. In the start of the second half we grabbed another goal, but soon after we gave away another penalty. The 90 minutes ended and it went straight to pens. We managed to keep out cool and won it. Promotion and champions!

In the cup we finally went past the first round. We got as far as the 3rd round before we were out.

Youth Intake:

We had another youth intake and many talented players. This year I have chosen a few players to get tags, but I still hung on to a couple more to who might improve enough to merit a tag.

New players:

Rúben Pinho (YP3a) - Report - Towering central defender. Should help out since most of the ones I have now are rather short.

Duarte (YP3b) - Report - Big talent who already got his debut for us.

Joaquim Tavares Almeida (YP3c) - Report - Another short central defender, but still a big talent. Working on his jumping reach, but considering making him a defensive midfielder.

Simão Mota (YP3d) - Report - Once again a defender, but talent here too.

Vasco Simões (YP3e) - Report - Very talented defender, already got his debut.

Second Intake:

Jarbas Daniel (YP2a) - Great season(at least before the full back nerf) and one of the star players this season.

António Couto (YP2b) - Fantastic season, both scoring and supplying loads.

Fábio (YP2c) - Progressing well, and might become 2nd string soon.

Adérito Correia (YP2d) - Coming along good and got some matches.

First Intake:

André Rocha (YP1a) - Injurt prone this season, but did well.

Marcelo Regadas (YP1b) - Controlling the midfield and did great.

Bruno Cunha (YP1c) - Got about half of the games and did good. Few mistakes and did what he should.

Rodrigo Ferreira (YP1d) - Another good season.

Hélder Hugo (YP1e) - Keeps on scoring from his advanced position.

Henrique (Former YP1f) - Horrible progression and lost his tag. Still gonna run out his contract to give him a final chance.

Rafa (YP1g) - 2 goals on his debut while I were trying out tactics. I still don't use wingers though, so I'm trying to convert him.

Jonathan Gueifão (YP1h) - Got some matches and did ok. Still can't jump.

Rui Gomes (YP1i) - Got quite some matches, but his progression seem to have stopped. Need to step up.

António Correia (YP1j) - Skills keep on improving, and did good when he got some chances.

Rúben Sá (YP1k) - 2 goals on his debut while I were trying out tactics. I still don't use wingers though, so I'm trying to convert him.

Paulinho (YP1l) - Got a couple of matches and are progressing, but need to get his skills up too.

Óscar Barros (Former YP1m) - Full stop in progression. Removed his tag for now.

Flávio Barros (YP1n) - Keeps progressing.

Fábio Oliveira (Former YP1o) - Nope.

Flávio Bessa (YP1p) - Last chance for him.

Season	Division	Position	Europe		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15	NC - D		3rd/5th		N/A		Survived the relegation stage
2015/16	NC - D		2nd/2nd		N/A		Lost playoff final
2016/17	NC - D		1st/1st		N/A		Promoted as champions

Wondering about my tactics now in pre-season. Played another team in the 2nd division and lost deservedly 0-6 at home. Then played a top tier team away, 0-0 and we should have won. :confused:

I keep thinking I have some reasonable tactics then I am losing 4-0 with 30 minutes gone. Currently have no consistency whatsoever, guess that is what you get for playing half a team of kids.

My new chairman has put £200,000+ in this season keeping us with ~£400,000 for most of the season.

I have done. Have to put my save on hold for now as only a couple of games of the season left and don't want to risk losing players if it can be fixed :(

I'm doing this too. 1 game left untill end of season, but I'm not risking anything... Game is on hold until they fix this contract bug.

Why do none of my first team players want to talk about a new contract? It's starting to **** me off. Lost 5 players last season now looks like I'm gonna lose another 4 this season (all 4 this season are players that have come through my youth team)

Yeah 8 out of my top 9 players refuse to talk. The contract system was pretty f'ed for the beta and first few patches last year too. It'd be easier to believe they didn't want to re-sign if when players left they found new clubs, but I'll bet if I played it out most of the non-talkers would remain unemployed for a year then retire.

Most people just deal with it and sign new players instead but obviously it's a game breaker for this.

Of the players that I lost last summer (7 all together as I also lost 2 of my back up players) 2 went to clubs in my league, 2 went to on-playable teams and 3 still haven't got a club nearly 11 months later. I dealt with those guys leaving as they were all in their mid to late 20's, but the guys I look like losing now are all under the age of 20 (the average age of my squad is now just 19) and have at most 3 seasons of football under their belt. All local born players as well, non that are "ambitious"

Hope it get's fixed as I am loving this save so far and let's face it - we become attached to players we bring through don't we? :D

All we can do is annoy them in bugs forum and hope it will get fixed...

@darren: I saw you post in bugs forum, but now when game got released, all topics has been deleted... I just hope that they still consider this as a bug.

@Shakes: Why don't you also report this bug? More of us reports it, sooner they are going to fix it...

Damn, just got through October. 10 matches in a month in quite a lot for my young small squad! Only 6 matches now in November, gonna feel like a breeze by comparison.

Leça

Bartrcm - Leça- Second division - 2016/17

Half-season update

The positive news is that I survived a take-over. And that is end of the positive news.

The league started well with 10 points from the first 8 games. The problem is that we have only 15 points at half-way stage. 11 league-games without A win in a row is just terrible.

Games.

Standing.

The only way is up, but I don't think we are capable to stay up. Also having an injury crisis, with 5 of my starters out at the moment.

@darren: I saw you post in bugs forum, but now when game got released, all topics has been deleted... I just hope that they still consider this as a bug.

I got a PM from Alex (the one looking into this bug) this morning saying that it is still being looked at despite the fact the thread is no longer there.

Well after re-doing my first season I did good (again). I finished in 3rd place and played for a spot for promotion. Sadly I lost the first leg After a 0-0 draw away and then a 3-3 draw but finishing 3-4 in extra time. Very frustrating. Also lost 2 key players who just refused to even get into talks for a new contract. The Youth players that I got this time were not as good as the ones I got from my lost save so that was kind of annoying too but that's just how it is sometimes.

I noticed that after the patch I was conceding A LOT more goals than I was before, but I was also scoring more. I guess SI doesn't want defensive play to be existent in this game, because after this update there seems to be none.

This season will be a lot more difficult than the last one, with so many players leaving, so finishing in top 10 will be reasonable enough for me. I really hope to get some good players this year.

Leage Table

Facilities

Finance

Squad

Transfers

The best youth player this year

If someone had started this challenge but not realised until the first February that they'd created themselves as automatic rep instead if Sunday league, would that make a big difference? Like, you know, hypothetically speaking...

If someone had started this challenge but not realised until the first February that they'd created themselves as automatic rep instead if Sunday league, would that make a big difference? Like, you know, hypothetically speaking...

I'm not that much of a dick :D. The rules do state Sunday league though and they'll remain this way, but I'll let you off just this once :).

Season Overview

League Table: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190818779

Finishing in 8th is a good effort. I'm just hoping it doesn't raise expectations for next season. Actually in top three up until twenty games but I think the constant updatesto the ME affected the second half of the season but still, considering the board wanted to avoid relegation - 8th is good.

Objectives : Survive and improve on 40 points - acheived

Tie down key players to long term contracts - Can Yayla is not interested in committing which is a shame. Wages are starting to head on the expensive side - will be monitoring.

Managed to relay pitch which is good.

Top Current Regens

Can Yayla - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190820086

NEED to get him tied down for longer. Would loathe to lose him on a free in two seasons time :(

Dennis Bertram - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190824435

Converting to winger nicely :)

Tim Breuer - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190822011

Big towering CB...can't wait to get him in the first team.

Zekeriya Baskan - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190822394

Looks like he could be a good poacher and different option to Can Yayla.

Tekin Karsyiclan - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190823641

Living in the shadow of Breuer but still a decent centre half.

Hans Gunter Knappman - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?

Progressing into a nice advanced playmaker.

Youth Intake

Patrick Herzog - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190820463

The current Left back is on £3,200 a week and is not willing to renew contract so this youth player is very much welcome.

Thomas Buttner - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002425412/screenshot/740008303462913386

His stats ain't up to much but the assistant manager thinks he'll go far.

Wolfgang Kniepps - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190821627

Early signs are he's looking good...let's see how he develops.

Objectives for coming season

Appoint new Assistant Manager

Finish Top Half

Progress Youth Players

Xerez CD - Season 3 - 2016/17

xerez.jpg

League Position- 4th

Past Postions

Playoff fixtures

Summary

Promotion! We were in the mix all season, scoring a lot of goals but also a bit loose at the back. Our older players really faded, but luckily our young boys stepped up big time.

The playoffs were a huge success for us. Our boys really showed they can handle pressure and came through it. Really impressed with the speed they have developed.

We managed to hold on to everyone we wanted, allowed most of the experienced ones to retire and move on. Only loss was YP00a who signed a pre-contract with Stoke city. A shame to lose him, but we can cope as lots of prospects at his position.

The finances are still bizarre. I am losing massive amounts per month, and for the second time in 2 years the board injected £4million to stave off liquidation. Its almost like I have a background tycoon or something! I have managed to get youth facilities upgraded, and junior coaching too.

If we can survive one year in the next league, I think we can kick on!

Best Players

Ruben Belima- Continues to be our best player and top scorer. Attracking a few bigger clubs now so a fight to keep him

Moises - One of the original youths from when I joined, a real solid presence at the back as he became a regular star

Transfers

Clean

Youths

Intake - a couple of great prospect, but not as much depth.

Tags

Jose Javier (YP03a) - A classy, strong looking centre half. Two footed which I liked

Carlos Moyano (YP03b)- Another AM/S which is a good position for my formation, interesting to see how he develops

Updates

Alvaro Saenz (YP01a)- Not much of an improvement this year, as he missed a chunk of time through injury .

Antonio Lopez de Lerma (YP01b) - Became a first time regular and chipped in with a nice return of goals and assists

Laureno Maza (YP02a) - This guy looks like our star. He is now tipped to be "the next Cesc Fabregas"!! 11 goals and 14 assists in his first season are a great return

Jose Alfonso Rodelgo (YP02b) - Expected to be our second choice left back but ended up getting some playing time at centre back. Expect him to continue to develop

Targets for next season

1)Survival! All I can hope for!

Wow both you guys have some lovely looking players. Looking forward to a few seasons down the line till mine are that good :)

I have decided to do the same as Darren. I have saved the game with 35 games gone and if I feel I can't compete next season or I lose half my squad at the end of this season I will wait for a patch to hopefully solve the contract issue.

Janesy - good progress there mate

Jambo - well done on promotion mate, hope the step up isn't too big.

c4ught ​- I'm hoping promotion (I'm in the playoffs) will convince the players to talk to me

:brock: Good Luck, I need it as well :p

IK_Tord.png

IK Tord » 2015 Season » Division 2 - Östra Götaland » 4th

League Table | Squad | Transfers

A season of two halves as we looked unstoppable at the start, going 10-1-1 over the first half of the season and looking good for the title. However the second half we looked decidedly average at times, unlucky at others, and could only manage a 4-4-4 record. That, combined with the league being much more heavily divided between the haves and have nots this year (5 teams finished with more points than the league winners last year) meant we only moved up one place to 4th.

Overall I was pleased with the season as I think we're on track to seriously challenge for promotion next year. Two youth players firmly established themselves in the starting XI, (14a) Janusz Grzyb has been solid as our half back, although unfortunately he misses the odd game playing for the Poland U21s. And (14b) Emanuel Widgren put in a good season learning to play on the right wing, finishing second on the goal scoring with 10. Several other players made their debuts, but as yet haven't been able to push on and cement places.

Not quite as strong as last year, but still a very good intake that means we should have the core of a team here. Only complaint of the last two years is we probably could do with one or two more central midfielders, but maybe they're waiting for me next year.

Best players of the intake:

(15a) Robin Gustavsson - Right winger who already made his debut while (14b) Emanuel Widgren was suspended, but immediate chances may be limited by being behind our best youth player.

(15b) Viktor Nisan - Looks like he could make a good regista ... although our current man there is arguably the best player in the team, so he also may have limited chances.

(15c) Christofer Idebäck - Two footed player who can play anywhere on the left, probably fits in as a left wing rather than fullback.

(15d) Viktor Berglund - Every chance to be our left back of the future, currently the players playing there are either better as center backs and/or right footed.

Now the hard part ... do I push on and lose every player over the age of 18 due to not wanting to renew contracts? If this is an issue with semi-professional clubs that you just can't get your best players to re-sign then we're a long way from solving it, the clubs in the tier above us are all still semi-professional, as are half the clubs in the 2nd tier. I feel like there's only a select few I'd miss, so it wouldn't hurt us that badly on the pitch. On the other hand it's not a long term solution as my young players will run into the same problem in a season or two. I feel like just cycling through players is completely against what this challenge is about.

4850.png

Hampton and Richmond Season 2017/18 Review

Skrill South

Table - Graph - Transfers - Squad - Finances

After last season's fantastic run in I went into the new season feeling confident, even though we lost a few players from last season's first team I felt my youngsters could step up. Boy did they!

We were solid in the playoffs all season really (only at the start did we spend much time out of them) but we were never able to go top, blowing our chances all the time, our last 2 games of the season were away to Bath and then away to Braintree. Bath were 3rd, a point behind us, with Braintree 2 ahead of us, so 2 wins for us and were would be up as champions. Bath was a up and down game, we took the lead in the 24th min with a goal from Richard Partleton, Bath quickly pulled one back, at the 61st minute mark LB Will Wescott scored his first goal for his local club, but again Bath got a quick goal, with time running out Jonny Cutherbert comes off the bench and scores his first goal in 11 games to set up a final day winner takes all match with Braintree.

Last day, both terms were very nervy and neither were able to take their chances in the first half, just after half time a mistkae by Tommy Hood allowed Braintree to score and that was that. Off to the playoffs for us

Playoffs

We drew Dartford a team we done the double over in the league, a tough 2-2 draw away was followed by the same result in the home leg so it was to pens for us, Brandon Parr pulls off a save to deny Dartford with the first kick, the next 8 are dispatched with little issue so up step Partleton to try and win the game - he send the keeper the wrong way and we're in the final!

In the final we had Eastbourne Borough - a team we took 4 points off during the season.

A goal after 27 seconds from Partleton was followed by a second from the same man on 15 minutes, in the 17th minute Eastbourne pull one back followed by an OG from Beasant on the 39 minute mark levelled the scores, in first half injury time 16 year old Jordan McQuilken grabbed his 15th goal of the season to restore our lead. No more goals in the second half despite some pressure from Eastbourne and that meant the mighty Beavers will be in the Skrill Premier!

FA Cup

Rubbish run

FA Trophy

Also rubbish

Key Players

Richard Partleton - 13 goals from the right wing, his pace is key to our counter attacking game. Really need him to sign a new deal

Olly Witherspoon - best season yet, 18 goals playing as an IF from the left hand side.

Jim Matchett - our first international, has been retrained as a attacking full back and him and Partleton down the right just kill teams, another I need to resign

Pat O'Brein - first full season, chipped in with vital goals at vital times

Brandon Parr - his 3rd season was his best, he is finally starting to look like the keeper I hoped he would be so of course he's another refusing a contract

Jordan McQuilken - 16 year old started the season coming off the bench but by the end he was our first choice, 15 goals was a good retuen and of course scored the goal to win us promotion

Youth Intake

looks like last year, some good prospects

Thomas Johnstone (YP04A) - CM that with the right training will be a start for us

Stuart Cole (YP04B) - LB I hope to become the new Ashley Cole

Roger Maybury (YP04C) - going to work on his pace to become an AF

Leigh Blackman (YP04D) - another young LB

I'm not that much of a dick :D. The rules do state Sunday league though and they'll remain this way, but I'll let you off just this once :).

I totally agree with the Sunday League thing, I think that I set it up expecting it to remember that my rep is Sunday League from previous games but it must have defaulted back to auto. Cheers for the exception, I've got a good game going with Yeclano Deportivo in Spain, playing a mental 3-4-3, some of the most fun I've ever had on FM

Congrats on the promotion Darren1983!

I will have my Weymouth season 3 review up a little later that I finished yesterday.

It is now currently on hold, due to a new bug I uncovered and reported regarding youth level, so I have decided that I might as well start my 'diversion' attempt at this challenge already.

So, here is the new English manager of Swedish Second Division West Gotaland side Vastra Frolunda IF;

pvf5.jpg

Vastra Frolunda IF Background

Starting Club Information

There are a lot of choices for clubs in this challenge in Sweden due to the 4 regional divisions at the lowest level. I chose Frolunda due to their pitch type, which I have never had at any club I have managed in any iteration of FM - Synthetic (New Type - Soft).

NOTE - Not really a spoiler on either game, but I am starting out with the same tactic at Frolunda as I have been using with Weymouth and I either need to start attending semi-professional games in Sweden or the ME doesn't have a good handle on them just yet. 8 league games in and we have already had 8-4, 6-4, 6-3 games and a rather pedestrian by comparison 4-1 game.

My Swedish write ups will probably be a little shorter due to the quicker seasons (22 league games in current lowest division).

Archived