Which player have you enjoyed watching the most so far?

ryan045

Now that we’re coming to the end of group stages which player have you enjoyed watching the most so far? It doesn’t neccasirly have to be the best player or the most popular. Let me know your reasons.

Beside the massive in form strikers Ronaldo, Lukaku and Kane I enjoyed watching Ruben Loftus-Cheek. When he came on vs Tunisia he immediately made an impact. Played much more opportunistic than Alli/Lingard did imo. And he showed it against Panama too.

Lingard is just all buzz, love watching him. 

Trippier for England too, didn't actually realise he was that good.  I wanted TTA to start over him before the tournament, silly me. 

I really like James and Caudrado over at Colombia, just so much fun and I think the latter has scored the most underrated goal of the tournament so far.  

Ronaldo, always.  He's a god amongst men and I'm pleased Messi has joined the party.  Not nearly as sexy though.  

Probably Luka Modric. Unfortunately I've only seen 45 mins of Lozano so far :( Want to see more of him.

Also loved Banega's performance last night, and think Xhaka was very good against Serbia, not just his goal but passing through the lines.

5 minutes ago, DB08 said:

Hirving Lozano.

I watched a bit of him at PSV and he has just continued his form and maintained his level. It won't be surprising if he moves to a really big club.

Barcelona and Liverpool reportedly interested. Looks perfect for Klopp's system (much more so than Shaqiri). He comes second for me though behind Vela. Play inevitably breaks down with Hernandes and Layun though. 

In terms of England Lingard & Trippier and most concerned when Maguire & Sterling have the ball. 

James and Quintero never fail to impress, always put a smile on my face.

A shame that Quintero was born in an era where creative midfielders have to press and defend to play at the top level in Europe. He does neither and is always a bit overweight. But he places the ball where he wants with his eyes closed.

Hard to say as I've probably only seen about 60% of the games now. 

I've enjoyed watching Lukaku for Belgium and Modric for Croatia (and Rakitic) most I would say. 

Also really enjoyed watching Batshuayi, for more than just footballing reasons :D He's a very good player in the final third but his finishing leaves a lot to be desired. His movement is class though. 

8 minutes ago, YouReds said:

Golovin of Russia has also shown his quality

Agreed. I was telling people not to get carried away after one good game VS Egypt (didn't actually see it :D ) but he looks the real deal.

Archived