Round of 16: Colombia v England (19:00 BST ITV1)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not getting on the 'Sterling is terrible' wagon, but he's just... weird.  Seems to fall down on the absolute basics so many times and makes frankly terrible decisions regularly.

Going to say he's far better making runs and stretching teams than he is dropping deep and trying to show anything technically clever or intelligent on the ball.

Sterling has an identity problem. He thinks he's Englands answer to Neymar. 

Neymar at least dribbles, draws the foul, creates an assist or it's a Bollywood Moment. 

Sterling just gives the ball back to them after dribbling.

Just now, Snedhead said:

I'm not getting on the 'Sterling is terrible' wagon, but he's just... weird.  Seems to fall down on the absolute basics so many times and makes frankly terrible decisions regularly.

Going to say he's far better making runs and stretching teams than he is dropping deep and trying to show anything technically clever or intelligent on the ball.

He's a brilliant player. And out of Alli and Lingard he's the only one asking for the ball  but by God he's been absolutely ****ing terrible this half 

1 minute ago, Snedhead said:

He just tries to do too much almost every time he gets the ball, just needs to simplify his game sometimes, a simple pass instead of trying to beat 2 or 3 players would help.

3 minutes ago, Baptista_8 said:

In control here but the 3 behind Kane need to do a hell of a lot more.

Behind kane? Thats the problem hes either too deep or too wide and the other three seem in advance of him. I. E. We have a throw...he occupies the line whilst sterling is around their D! I understand hes more likely to win a flick on than sterling... But either bring maguire up or alli out... We want kane in the centre around the box as he can be lethal with either foot! 

Archived