Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

20 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Finally, I've managed to go through freezes and crushes and finished the 1st season in La Liga.

In order not to cause any distraction I picked the weakest team in the leagues(Valladolid) so all grandes such as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid were under AI control.

I’m sure that many people also will be interested to know how things stand in FM19 Beta when it comes “eagle point of view” on things and how it compared with real life football.

Here are some my observations on the data below:

- Barcelona didn't play possession football and its average possession at the end of the season was only 55%

- Barcelona and Real Madrid had almost the same amount of possession(about 55%) as Huesca, Girona and other small clubs at the end of the season which is very unrealistic

- The top clubs scored very low amount of goals during the season, for example, Barcelona and Real Madrid scored only about 65 goals at the end of the season

- The top clubs didn't show any dominance, for example, Barcelona and Real Madrid got only about 76 points and the end of the season  

- Messi made 19 appearances in the league and scored only 7 goals

LEAGUE TABLE

fm19-0002.png

POSSESSION STATS

fm19-0003.png

MESSI'S STATS

fm19-0004.png

That looks pretty worrying to me.

Does anybody know if City are unrealistically bad again in this FM?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically i applied (in FM19 beta) for the U20 england job in july but i have been waiting for months now and still ahvent got a response. no manager has been appointed. Is this a beta thing or can you not apply for u20 jobs and get the role? can someone help me out pls.

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Why is it when you right click the main squad icon, you only get a couple of options, but if you right click the reserves/U20s etc you get all the training/dymanics/team report options, it's like it's the wrong way round or is it supposed to be like that? 

The Right Click Menu just replicates the options you have in the menubar on those screens, your other squads will have those options on their screens to direct you to those screens for those squads, whilst the main ones bring up your first team so there is no need for them to be on the main squad screen.

2 hours ago, henryzz said:

Is it just me who has a ridiculous number of fixtures in august? Got 8 league matches in August. Got 3 league matches and 1 cup match in september. 4 league matches in october etc. Playing as Stockport County.

That's what happens at that level. They get midweek games in when the weather is good!

36 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

To be fair it’s not really that worrying and this is only 1 persons save, you would need to compare it to several people’s save before it was a worrying in my opinion.

Plus looking at it Messi clearly had an injury to play that little games. He also said no top club dominated yet Athletico did as they got 90 points and only conceded 13 goals.

To answer your question City have been good on my save, they have drawn a few but are Close to the top just behind Liverpool and spurs, I’m only in October though.

43 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

image.thumb.png.759feaab950c2e0f7532ac192fe8584e.png

This is the league table after the first season in my game. Barcelona won fairly comfortable and Messi scored 15 league goals, but were out for quite a lot of the season with injuries.

image.thumb.png.73b3fe1cc51cab8cfdfa8ff7a2a79307.png

In England Liverpool won it just ahead of Man City. Pep still got the boot though...

Very early, of course, and my sample size is minuscule, but I'm concerned about crosses again.  I've seen five goals so far.  Four have been directly from crosses, and one was after some head tennis resulting from a cross.  My wingbacks, even when 1v2, are always in a ton of space, and so are the opposition's.  That diagonal ball out to the flanks always seems to be available.  I'm hopeful that as I get further into the season I'll see some more diversity in attack from the AI (and some better defending from my Genoa).

This is the PL in a test season:

2qlegr6.png

Both Guardiola and Sarri had their job at insecure at one point, but didn't get the sack. Mourinho never had, but maybe that is because he lost the CL final. Or I just didn't notice, holidayed the season after all.

6 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Pretty quiet on the forum? Perhaps because:

Pick good team -> ‘Gengenpress’ -> mash continue -> win league.

Most people are probably like me, silent staring at the FM tactics screen praying it sorts itself out and helps us win a game. 

I've got my usual "play well, concede fluke goal, equalise, miss eight one on ones" sequence on the go again. Every year on the beta this happens to me.

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

My assistant manager has arranged like four friendlies before half my squad gets back from holidays, so I'm trying to figure out which combination of garbage youth players happen to not already be at 60% fitness.

Are those players that were away at the World Cup? If so it is expected behaviour for them to return to training later than most. Just look at the (very not senior) squad Man City took on tour in reality this pre-season...

I really like it so far. Didn't play FM18 but this is a big big big improvement. A lot of new things and still a lot I probably haven't discovered yet (I'm in December 2018).

Some minor comments on my Ajax game:

- De Ligt and De Jong but also some other players are wanted by big clubs in real life. I didn't have a single offer in my game in the first season so far, they even extended their contract with 5 years. 

- Ajax is one of the healthiest clubs in the world. TD Overmars made it very clear in the media a couple of times they don't want to be taken over by some rich guy. And yet I already had two transfer embargos by the board because of possible takeovers. 

- I was hoping this FM would have some more realism in terms of league standings. I'm almost halfway and Utrecht is 1st, PEC Zwolle is at 2nd and Vitesse was18th (yeah I suck with being 3rd, I know). 

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, michelb86 said:

- Ajax is one of the healthiest clubs in the world. TD Overmars made it very clear in the media a couple of times they don't want to be taken over by some rich guy. And yet I already had two transfer embargos by the board because of possible takeovers. 

This might be worth raising in our DB & Research issues section please. If the board are entertaining offers that early on when you would expect them to be happy to stay for years it may be that their data has been set incorrectly.

whats the point in dominating a team if you cant win.....and why have u pigeon holed the entire game into pre set tactics, tiki taka my arse,unless gurdiola sent yous a detailed tactic sheet of his entire knowledge of the game, or maybe he works at si? not having this rubbish about how great this edition is, really disappointed, but hey you got my money, carry on si, great job.....

Edited by iAlwaysWin

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, matt5039 said:

Individual training is not reflect when change, please fix. also since fm18 left or right foot attribute, please add back in the player profile

Footedness can be found on the 'Development > Tactics' page.

There is a known issue with individual training, as noted in our known issues section, that means the UI does not update. This is UI only and does not actually affect the training requested.

8 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

whats the point in dominating a team if you cant win.....and why have u pigeon holed the entire game into pre set tactics, tiki taka my arse,unless gurdiola sent yous a detailed tactic sheet of his entire knowledge of the game, or maybe he works at si? not having this rubbish about how great this edition is, really disappointed, but hey you got my money, carry on si, great job.....

Clearly you don't always win :hammer:

• SI Staff

Please remember that this is the feedback section.

If there are issues you would like to make us aware of before release this needs to be done in here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/616-football-manager-2019-pre-release-beta-bugs-forum/ - or else they risk going unseen.

41 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Are those players that were away at the World Cup? If so it is expected behaviour for them to return to training later than most. Just look at the (very not senior) squad Man City took on tour in reality this pre-season...

Yes, I'm pretty sure they are.  I'm not saying it's a bug or anything, just that it's annoying.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb DirtyJoe:

The default skins / colour are terrible, the worst seen. I always use the default skins, but this year cannot wait for mods.

Just watching that 24 hour hour live stream and its wolfsburg - dortmund... puke green versus puke yellow on a horribl non fitting purple background with another puke green being the pitch..maybe i am old and those are modern coulor  schemes. but come on this looks just terrible...what really bothers me a bit is modability seems to have been scaled back also in some areas..we will see...i am definately looking in November if theres an option out there that looks good before i buy...i am playing FM 17 until then, its not pretty but looks awesome compared to that. Old FMs used to be so smooth and pretty looking. :-(

12 minutes ago, kpsia518 said:

GODD.thumb.png.7ac36c0cf928da2087da7c44e780350f.png

champions league group of death

Ouch. Up against last year's finalists and the supposed challenger to Juventus. I'm not sure that you could design a tougher group...

Enjoying the GIFs btw!

Edited by Cal585

Is Match Load being Heavy for 3 games over 14 days considered really a lot?

IMO >=4 should be heavy, I would say 3 over 14 is kind of normal with cup comps considered.

image.thumb.png.cf00077c6b8ff48aca8ac43f4b3916cb.png

I actually think match load should be considered on minutes rather than games

Edited by Sheep

13 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

2 quick questions please. Not sure that either are bugs. 

1. I tried to upload a highlight to YouTube but although it exported ok, it only went to my files and didn't go direct to YouTube. I know that nobody used it in FM18 because both teams appeared in white, but even before that the exported video at least used to go to YouTube. The reason I'm not sure if this is a bug or not is because I know that the social media stuff hasn't worked in the Beta's before. 

2. Is there sound in the Beta, (because I'm not getting any), but again, I think this is common with previous Beta's too. (I have sound so ignore that).:)

Thanks in advance. Amazing so far. Well done. :applause:

Definetly sound ... make sure it's ticked in preferences

2 hours ago, GerdMuller said:

Just watching that 24 hour hour live stream and its wolfsburg - dortmund... puke green versus puke yellow on a horribl non fitting purple background with another puke green being the pitch..maybe i am old and those are modern coulor  schemes. but come on this looks just terrible...what really bothers me a bit is modability seems to have been scaled back also in some areas..we will see...i am definately looking in November if theres an option out there that looks good before i buy...i am playing FM 17 until then, its not pretty but looks awesome compared to that. Old FMs used to be so smooth and pretty looking. :-(

Funny you say that, I am in a Wolsfburg save :(

4 hours ago, CraigCochrane78 said:

I have pre ordered FM19 with amazon.co.uk but cant find code to activate BETA version!!!

Can anyone help me with this?

Beta was only available through approved online digital retailers not the boxed version looking at Amazon they only have the boxed version listed.

My feedback so far ui is a big improvement on last year. 

Only negative so far is when playing with no transfers it blocks all transfers till January including frees and loans which is unrealistic for lower league teams my local conference have recently loaned a couple of players and signed a free. 

Edited by Spedding

16 hours ago, DP said:

The picnic tables ffs :D

Surely this can be tweaked? Completely unrealistic. The picnic table shouldn't be an asset at all in this game. Anywhere.

Maybe we're thinking of this the wrong way? Maybe the FM stadium is how it should be and the real world hasn't caught up yet.

It wouldn't be the first time something that started in FM ended up in the real world; I believe the infamous Sky Sports deadline-day dildo in the ear started off as an FM feature.

Also, Charlie Adam used to look more like Roger Moore but had his face reconstructed based on FM regens.