The Football Manager Youth Academy Challenge

Bilderesultat for real jaen club de futbol

Real Jean FC

Season Update 2036-2037

Third consecutive La Liga trophy and European disappointment

Another good season domestically, and we managed to secure our third La Liga title. We were the better team for most of the season and even though it was close point-wise, we never really struggled. We managed to play really well against the weaker teams, and didn't drop many points at home. We won with a margin of two points, but that came after losing our last two league games, when we had already secured the title. 

In the Champions League we got Man City, Lyon and RB Salzburg in the group stage. Unfortunately we couldnt secure first place in the group and this gave us Bayern Munich in the first knock-out stage. We lost 4-1 over two games, and yet again we cant seem to play "our game" in Europe. Our central defence is quite weak, and until we get some better players in those positions I dont see any Champions League glory coming our way.... But we will continue to fight! We have a couple of solid young CB's in our U19, but they are still only 16, so a couple of years away from a first team place. 

Competitions and transfers
149.thumb.jpg.ed75eaa33be6a8d743393cf397fb52fa.jpg150.thumb.jpg.71d07a84d31decec9132cd32f875a587.jpg157.thumb.jpg.229a30bfef2a3f2ab8f54ac085c92379.jpg151.jpg

Best performers in rating (def, mid, att)
152.thumb.jpg.a80117f6e51928e795dc84695b1a08af.jpg153.thumb.jpg.5950fb487253eaf752ee89dad18d11c0.jpg154.thumb.jpg.747bd99b46313fa0e7ac3d2cc9b7da8d.jpg

All wonderkids
155.thumb.jpg.0de49a71de949f3032ebdfeb7998ef7c.jpg156.thumb.jpg.630bf9f0cd048d4719ec73274df0dc28.jpg158.thumb.jpg.f6737eb2307f13ef17ff9cd3dc98b1e3.jpg159.thumb.jpg.6df454ef512c322a5538d6be95becc7a.jpg160.thumb.jpg.aaa67ff7bed1f05da88ed7a18434bbf6.jpg

Season	|   League                   |  Position |  Copa Del Rey |          Europe         |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20	|   Segunda Division B       |  9th      |  2ns round    |         N/A	           |   Okay start up season
2020/21	|   Segunda Division B       |  2nd      |  3rd round    |         N/A	           |   Promoted through play off
2021/22	|   La Liga 123              |  7th      |  3rd round    |         N/A	           |   Promoted through play off, back-to-back
2022/23	|   La Liga                  |  10th     |  2nd round    |         N/A	           |   Great first season, finishing mid table
2023/24	|   La Liga                  |  14th     |  2nd round    |         N/A	           |   No progress to speak of, managed to get worse
2024/25	|   La Liga                  |  8th      |  5th round    |         N/A	           |   Solid season, finished 8th
2025/26	|   La Liga                  |  11th     |  4th round    |         N/A	           |   Decent season, good club progress if not so much on the pitch
2026/27	|   La Liga                  |  4th      |  4th round    |         N/A	           |   Amazing year, predicted 20th, finished 4th! 
2027/28	|   La Liga                  |  8th      |  5th round    |      Group Stage        |   Pretty good year, tough start to CL
2028/29	|   La Liga                  |  8th      |  4th round    |         N/A             |   Decent progress, but unconsistent
2029/30	|   La Liga                  |  7th      |  4th round    |         N/A             |   A return to Europe! 
2030/31	|   La Liga                  |  4th      |  4th round    |  EL knock out 2nd round |   Great year, finsihed 4th
2031/32	|   La Liga                  |  4th      |  Qtr-final    |  CL knock out 1st round |   Another great year, great run in CL
2032/33	|   La Liga                  |  2nd      |  5th round    |     Group Stage CL      |   Great season in La Liga, runners up
2033/34	|   La Liga                  |  3rd      |  5th round    |     Group Stage CL      |   Good league season, dissapointing CL run
2034/35	|   La Liga                  |  1st      |  4th round    |     Group Stage CL      |   Won La Liga, semi-final in the Europa League
2035/36	|   La Liga                  |  1st      |  runner-up    |       Semi Final        |   Won La Liga, semi-final in the Champions League
2036/37	|   La Liga                  |  1st      |  semi final   |  CL knock out 1st round |   Third consecutive La Liga title, European disappointment

Edited by thomas_e

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4oqyg4ozl.png

Bucaspor - 2022/23 - Super Lig: 15th

Team | Transfers

Our first season in the highest division has been hard, very hard. I knew it was going to be tough, but this must have been the most exhausting and difficult season in my entire FM history. A goal difference of -28, almost 70 goals conceded... Not the kind of stats you're pleased to hear. However, we achieved what we really needed to: avoid relegation. During the season, I had many desperate moments. The lack of quality compared to most Süper Lig teams was just huge. We started off quite well, winning 3 of our first 6 games, but after that we struggled so hard to compete with the much better sides. Scoring goals has always been some sort of problem in this squad, defending became a new one. Losing 4-0 to Trabzonspor, 5-0 & 6-1 to Besiktas, 4-1 to Istanbul Basaksehir or 5-2 to Galatasaray isn't much fun... We actually have to thank Kasimpasa for allowing us to stay up, they underachieved massively (especially since they have some top quality players like Trezeguet or Akgün) and couldn't win in their last 7 games (losing 5 of them).

On the bright side, we managed to get a trophy this season after all. The league's worst discipline record ever is now officialy ours :D 71 yellow & 8 red cards, it shows the season we had... 

Key player

Koçal has been vital for the team, second season in a row. His physical stats are becoming rather dissapointing for a 32 year old, but he is still one of the main reasons we avoided relegation scoring 12 goals and providing us with important wins. None of the other players really stood out.

Youth intake

Tagged the 6 most talented players, 4 of them being really interesting. Finally some good personalities and determination aswell! Ünlü will be retrained as a DR since we don't have a back-up for Cam (who is our first Turkish youth international and will be featuring in the EURO -19). Demirci seems like he could become a decent center back, but competition might be hard for his position so he will probably get all the time he needs. Might try to sell or loan out one or 2 less talented CB's, but I am not sure yet. Moving on, Özmen. I have high hopes for this kid, will however have to be retrained as an AMR to fit in our team. Finally Akyüz, according to our assistent another decent youngster but I feel he is not ready for first team action yet. 

4vd1gcz97p7.png

Staying up was our only goal this season, that will probably not change next year. Hopefully we can upgrade our facilities aswell, finances are finally looking good. Love the Süper Lig income!

18 hours ago, Twellman24 said:

Question--can this e done with FM12? I got to the first division with Algeciras in Spain once (didnt win anything though) and want to try again. 

I do believe this thread was made version independent, such that you can participate with all FM-versions.
Please correct me, if I have got anything wrong.

Edited by andershs

Cesena_Calcio_bandiera_animata.gif.323929197c36858b49a780173ea6c355.gif

Changed my mind. Forgot that Cesena was my project 8 months ago in this challenge.

Here we go again !

Been playing this challenge a while ago and I'm now back trying to complete it.

Wish me luck :) 

Congrats @thomas_e Awesome job !!

Edited by Diego D10S

On 17/08/2019 at 13:01, thomas_e said:

@darren1983, I want to say thank you for making this challenge. I have played FM since the first release. This has been my greatest experience on FM in terms of pure fun and dedication to a team. I am planning on doing the challenge again on FM20, and I hope many more will do the same! 

It's sad to end this save, but I have become obsessed with the challenge format on FM. Once a challenge is completed, its better to move on. I don't really play "pick a team and just play" saves anymore. It's so much more fun to have a challenge and a community that goes through the same struggles! 

Congrats man, wonderful job. It's a great challenge and one that really sucks you in, I've never actually completed myself and regret the fact I've not really had the time to play FM19 much. I will return in FM20 as will this challenge (I imagine Palermo will be a popular side next year!) 

Thanks @darren1983! Good to hear you will be doing the challenge in FM20. Palermo for sure will be a popular side! I went to Italy and saw them beat AC Milan 3-1 at home in 2010. Craziest atmosphere I have ever seen.. Fabrizio Miccoli scored the 3-1 goal. Later that evening I saw him arriving at a nightclub with a white suit, still wearing the captains armband... what a legend. 

Vikeologist's 2019/20 Brora Report

Image result for brora rangers fc

Manager Profile

The team that came up in the first season in Scotland was Brora. I have concerns that the club’s, and village’s, geographical location, will be a problem. It has a total population of less than 2,000 people. It has no U18 team.  This may not be viable.

The key problem with the squad was lack of players. I started out with only 21, and by midway through the season 3 of them had left. I had 1 goalie, and lots of players needed had to play wildly out of position because I had no use for their natural ones. Also, only 12 or 13 of the players were really first team standard.

Nonetheless, we soon shot away from the rest of the teams in the league. Injuries and suspensions caused a wobble in the second half of the season.

Youth Intake

It didn’t fill all the needs I had, but then with so many gaps, how could it? No 5 stars, and not a great first intake. Nobody even close to being good enough to challenge for a first team place, but at least I have more players now.

I’m going to sign all 16 players, and have tagged players all the way down to 1k.

However the top few are;

Mark Hunter YP1a – A goalkeeper. It’s been kind of annoying having to add a greyed out goalie into every match, so good to have a backup, although for the moment, we’ll still be in a lot of trouble if my existing goalie gets injured or sent off.

James Nairn YP1b – a left back, which is the one position that I already have lots of decent backups for.

David Greig YP1c – An attacking midfielder, who I’ll retrain as a striker, because my intake had lots of midfielders.

Michael Thomson YP1d – A central defender, who’ll go straight into my subs for first team action.

So my top 3 players are unlikely to get much in the way of first team football, although any injury or suspension will change that.

A good striker would have been nice. My 3 strikers so far have 17, 13 and 2 goals respectively, so there’s an obvious place up for grabs had I picked up even a half decent striker. But I didn’t.

League

We won the title with 3 matches to spare, after which I started a few of the young players, because why not?

So, next season is a worry, because none of the youth intake are anywhere near first team standard, although we did win 2 of our last 3 matches with the intake making up nearly half the team.

We had by far the smallest crowds in Division 2, and the size of the club really may be a problem. The board haven’t yet agreed to any improvement in facilities.

Edited by vikeologist

As mentioned in my first update, my team has no under 19s. Apart from anything else, it means that my HOYD does literally nothing other than send me an email once a year about the youth intake.

Also, despite getting a message once a year saying that my Reserves and U19 are going to take part in the league, no league fixtures are generated for my Reserves.

I'm 3 seasons in. (Just haven't bothered to post the updates yet).

Will the game ever generate an U19 team for me? Has anyone else come across this? I really think I've tied my wagon to an absolute no hoper of a club. Not that that's necessarily a problem. If my priority was to complete the challenge, I probably wouldn't have chosen to do it in Scotland.

Edited by vikeologist

Cesena_Calcio_bandiera_animata.gif.1b6800854fd2a88b7e974ac4afe117c9.gif

Season 2019/ 20    

Missed the league win and promotion on goal difference and got rekt in the first promotion playoff match.

Overall a very good first season and I dont mind spending a couple of more seasons in Serie C to get my youngsters going.

The first youth intake was pretty decent but my squad is very old so I'm hoping for some good ones next couple of seasons.

20190827234657_1.thumb.jpg.28bded470624073a399a96f9322ac557.jpg20190827234715_1.thumb.jpg.e5b92826d7a05396e0604407ef3f0b4b.jpg20190827234722_1.thumb.jpg.a72a417a779180a6249610e60b504499.jpg

GL too you all !! :) 

Vikeologist's 2020/21 Brora Report

Before the season started, my best player left the club on a free transfer. From the start he’d refused to renew saying that he wanted to play with higher calibre players. Fair enough, but he signed for one of our League 1 rivals for wages that we could have paid. As promotion contenders throughout the season, it’s safe to assume that he would have made the difference and all but guaranteed a second successive promotion.

Our problems went beyond just him though. 2 or 3 of our first team players are on the decline and I had to drop them for players that hadn’t improved, but were not at least going down the swannie.

As the club had no HOYD before I took over, I only inherited one youth player, so there’s going to be a few year’s gap before my first intakes realise their potential.

Youth Intake

It’s become clear that my first intake really wasn’t that good, especially with regard to their current ability. My youth intake in the second year all instantly were better than the intake who’d been in the squad for a year.

There were 3 promising players in the intake, after which there was quite a stiff drop-off.

Frank Hoban YP2a - By far the best player, I’ll have to retrain him as a right back, but that shouldn’t be a problem. He’ll be a substitute for the moment as my right back is one of my best players, but I did have just one right back, so Hoban was desperately needed.

Steven Stirling YP2b – Another left back. I have loads of these, so much so that I was retraining my best one as a right back before the intake. Still, Stirling stands a good chance of being a first teamer at some point.

Lee Mitchell YP2c – My fourth best central defender straight away, and 2 of those above him are better left backs.

League

For most of the season we were challenging to win the league for the second season in a row, but near the end we fell off badly, and even out of the playoff (top 4) spots. However a 5-0 victory against the league leaders in our penultimate match moved us up to 4th, and meant that we needed to win our last match to be sure of the playoffs. I wasn’t sure I’d wanted to be promoted again with my team going downhill fast, but I definitely wanted some playoff money.

We were 3-0 down by halftime. We dominated the second half, pulled 2 goals back, but missed a penalty which would have earned us a draw and been enough to be in the playoffs.

So a gutting end to the season, but hopefully we can at least avoid going backwards next season.

At the end of the season the board finally agreed to some facilities upgrades in Junior Coaching (from Minimal to Fairly Basic) and Youth Recruitment (Limited to Basic). We have a long way to go, but it’s a start.

Season	Division				Position	Notes										
18/19	League 2				1st		Promoted as champions. Won league comfortably.
19/20	League 1				5th		Missed out on playoffs with loss in final match of the season.	

Edited by vikeologist

38218fc9f24413057abe4cc91824d27c.png

Widzew Łódź

After my FC Andorra trial (youth only) , i think i should start with this proper challenge and follow the rules.
bdc79f2e195af3a67f0d5d1d5ed30c32.png

511bbfaa075ebae8da661467cde8921b.png
Never managed in Poland , and i know this is a fallen giant .

They went bankrupt at the end of the 14-15 season, started in the 5th tier in 15-16 and now got promoted on FM from liga 2(3th thier) to liga 1.

Lodz won the league , four times. And played Champions league in 96-97.

2b856ee3d18c0ecf0ab42e7feb1d6b76.png

Current squad - youth intake 18-19 - season preview  - database setting

Two good players from the first youth intake :

d455cde4b617c4c3db70dddbea586a1d.png

82b5ef717fa8ddff3427d7fa3890b0c7.png

Best player in first team:

b7747cf3c76c0b5ae1b4623756afc1a8.png

Is this update ok? can i post images directly in each update or should i only use links ?

PS: we won 4-2 in pre-season against Lech Poznan, so i'm optimistic :)

Edited by OlivierL

zw7czxc4ru7.png

Bucaspor - 2023/24 (S5)

Team | Transfers

After our survival last season, I wanted to take the next step in our development and aimed for a solid mid-table finish in the Süper Lig. Last season has been hard, another year like that would be tough. However the team really stepped up their game and exceeded all my expectations. We finished 6th and even ended up with a ticket for the Europa League 3rd qualifying round somehow. I believe we got this thanks to Bursaspor winning the cup against Fenerbache. But even number 7 of the Süper Lig qualified for the EL, don't know why. 

My 3 new tactics worked of just fine. Either 5 at the back or 4 at the back with a defensive or attacking mid depending on the team we were playing against. While we had some tough defeates last year against the bigger teams, conceding a lot of goals, we did an excellent job against those sides now. We managed to ensure a few impressives draws at Galatasaray, Fenerbache, Besiktas and Trabzonspor with our 5 at the back tactic. 

Key players

- Erdemir: scored some important goals for us, really improved his game and finally earned to be our first choice striker. 

- Özmen: had some impressive games as a back-up for our captain Koçal (vital for the team with 12 assists but starts showing his age). Started in 11 games, scored 6 times and had 3 assists. He's unlucky because of our new intake (see below), otherwise he would be a starter next year...

- Atacocugu: rock solid goalkeeper, has been so reliable for 5 season now... Even won the Süper Lig Young Player & Goalkeeper of the Season Awards. Surprisingly enough, he doesn't really attract interest from other clubs while many other youngsters do. Nothing I should complain about tho! :D 

Youth intake

Our youth facilities improved for the first time, we've got plenty of money now for future upgrades. Signed 8 players with 5 of them being first team talents. First of all, Zor. This guy is just incredibly gifted, he is a rare talent for our club and immediately became one of the best players at the club. Already played 5 games in our jersey (1 goal, 1 assist). I have a feeling Zor won't be with us for long...

Other new prospects that will jump into our senior squad are Kayar, an interesting defensive option at RB and Ögüt, our new back-up goalie. Sentürk and Sozupiskin should also be talented enough to make it to the first team, but need some more time to develop. Unal, Tosun and Ozturk will feature in the U21.

il0rcmo.png

The goal for next season is once again a mid-table finish, I feel like we really overperformed this season. Also really excited about the Europea League qualifying rounds, will be interesting to see how the kids handle that. I would also love to upgrade our facilities once again, but especially our youth recruitement and youth staff should improve. Main focus next year however is extending our best player's contract, right back Cam, since he will enter his last contractual year and doesn't want to sign a new one for now. I really, really don't want to lose him. Same for Zor (2 year contract), who doesn't even want to sign a pro deal... Fun fact: both of them will feature in the Toulon Tournament for Turkey U20!

Edited by Armeniar

Vikeologist's 2021/22 Brora Report

This season, for the first time, players from my first intakes made their way into the first team. Not really because they’re good; more that some of the previous first team are over the hill now.

Lee Mitchell YP2c started in central defence, and David Greig YP1c and Gordon Ross YP1g in midfield. As you might tell from their YP letters, they’re not really my best young players. They’re just the ones who play where I have only bad options.

Mark Hunter YP1a and Frank Hoban YP2a were stuck on the subs bench behind two of my best players. Their fortunes diverged during the season. Hoban took over at right back half way through. Hunter was superseded by a far better goalie in my third intake, and obscurity in the Reserves probably awaits him.

Youth Intake

Mark Hurst (YP3a) – The aforementioned better goalie. As my existing goalie had to be persuaded out of retiring in pre-season, I’d expect Hurst to take over next season. The two of them are equal ability, but I think youth players take time to settle into the tactics. However Hurst could very well take over before the end of the season.

Scott Sutherland (YP3b) A striker which is the weak point of the team. At the moment he’s about 5th on the depth chart, but will at least be on the subs’ bench straight away. Interestingly, one of my senior players is also called Sutherland, but he wasn’t playing at Brora 16/17 years ago, so I don’t think I can build a paternity case against him, and there’s no relationship alluded to in their information.

Jack Gibson (YP3c)- Another right back. My top 2 right backs are pretty much 2 of my best players, but the senior one is injured at the moment, so Gibson will go straight into the subs.

Gavin Macrae (YP3d) Not good enough for the first team yet, but it won’t take much improvement to make it there.

League

After missing out on the playoffs in the last match of last season, we were never in danger of missing out on the necessary top 4 spot this time, with the top 4 teams putting a lot of distance between them and everyone else. We were near the top spot all season, but never quite made it all the way to the top.

Like every season, we fell to pieces at the end of the campaign. This isn’t a fluke. Almost every senior player hates big matches. They always have. It’s not something I’ve mentored in.

With no chance of winning the title, I was able to blood youth players for several matches. I probably should have kept them in the first team for the playoffs.

We lost in the first round of playoffs 4-3 on aggregate. It was close. It’s not necessarily that I wanted promotion, but it would have been good to get to the final against Partick Thistle. The board had agreed to improve the youth facilities during the season, and that has now been cancelled. The money from a final might have made the difference. Or getting further in the cups, but we tend to have the same Spineless Seniors problem.

However, the next generation of players is coming through now, and maybe next season the team can start going forwards. I mean we did sort of go forwards this season. We picked up 8 more points in the league.

Season	Division		Position	Notes										
19/20	League 2		1st		Promoted as champions. Won league comfortably.
20/21	League 1		5th		Missed out on playoffs with loss in final match of the season.	
21/22	League 1		3rd		Knocked out in first round of playoffs.

Edited by vikeologist

830879865_BariBadge.png.29c70314b2df65d1ff0e939f1e35266b.png

This is the second time that I’ve started the challenge. I’m going with Bari again having learned the first time that it’s very important to sign up your good players for as long as possible and to offer professional contracts to your best newgens as soon as you can otherwise they’ll be poached and you’ll lose them.

Here’s my starting profile.

Season 2019_20

467035547_BariPerformanceSummary.thumb.png.defc14c15d04e4304e712fdeb2b4aea9.png

417146058_BariFacilities.thumb.png.24b1e0a44474630e3520957ed84c110f.png

Lega Pro Girone C  A great start to the challenge with us winning the league by a margin of 17 points

TIM Cup we were knocked out in the fourth round.

Italia C Super Cup winners

Coppa Italia Lega Pro winners

Transfers nobody in, of course, or out

Finances

My best player during the year was Samuele Neglia (ML) with 22 goals and 18 assists from 43 appearances.

It looks like a very good youth intake with the three most promising being Francesco Romeo , who I’ll probably train as an attacker as I don’t play with AMRs, David Casillo  a central midfielder, and Modesto Boccuzzi who I’ll train as a MR.

A very pleasing first season but I’m somewhat apprehensive about next season as my goalkeeper has just retired and these are my remaining goalkeepers of which the best is Andrea Bellussi

Turns out we won't be playing the Europa League qualifying rounds after all... I even got a message from the board at the end of last season that we would feature in the 3rd qualifying round, but it's 12 august now & we didn't. :rolleyes:

What a bummer, I was really looking forward to it.

Vikeologist's 2022/23 Brora Report

League

The regular season was even less climactic than last. One side, Clyde, leapt out to an unassailable lead for the one automatic promotion, but we were comfortably in a playoff spot throughout.

The excitement, such as it was, came in the draws for cups. We did fairly well in all the cups, particularly the League Cup where we finished 2nd in a group with 2 SPL sides, but never got the fixture against a big side we needed to boost our bank balance and be able to press on with improving our facilities.

Finally the playoffs arrived, with us having finished 2nd with a new haul of points. Honestly I wasn’t expecting much from the post-season, but unbelievably we were promoted. It helped that our opponents in the final had a player sent off early.

Maybe this is a good time for promotion to arrive. If we can go professional, it will help our players to develop, and we need a financial plan better than praying we draw a big name in the cups. Boy are we going to be dwarfed by the other clubs in the Championship though.

Youth

One good player, but that’s it. I offered youth contracts to a few others mostly for their personalities.

Cammy Cunningham YP4a – The one good player though is very good, and goes straight into our first team as a central defender. Hopefully he’ll pick up our tactics by the playoffs. (Post-season note. He played, but he did not play well).

20/21	League 1		5th		Missed out on playoffs with loss in final match of the season.	
22/23	League 1		2nd		Promoted via playoffs

@darren1983 There were talk about accepting other countries than out of the box for this and/or extended leagues to go further down the pyramid. Any thoughts? I'd like to have a go in certain other leagues than the standard ones, and I kinda like posting it in here every once in a while.

Edited by XaW

18 minutes ago, XaW said:

@darren1983 There were talk about accepting other countries than out of the box for this and/or extended leagues to go further down the pyramid. Any thoughts? I'd like to have a go in certain other leagues than the standard ones, and I kinda like posting it in here every once in a while.

In theory I'm OK with it yea as most add-ons are pretty stable right? Especially at this stage of the FM cycle. I'm happy for you to be the guinea pig and test it and maybe use these next 2 months as a trial till FM20 comes out and we have another look at it?

So if you want to I've no issue with you posting the save in here. 

14 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

In theory I'm OK with it yea as most add-ons are pretty stable right? Especially at this stage of the FM cycle. I'm happy for you to be the guinea pig and test it and maybe use these next 2 months as a trial till FM20 comes out and we have another look at it?

So if you want to I've no issue with you posting the save in here. 

I'm more than happy to do so! I'll start thing up asap.

So, being the trial of downloaded leagues, I've gone a place where few have gone before, at least if they want to manage a great football team. I have gone to the Faroe Islands! "Where", do you ask? In the middle of the North Sea!

GkX7yqX.png

Now, most of you haven't heard much, if any about this place. The islands are an autonomous territory within Denmark, much in the same way as Greenland, but slightly different. Football is insanely popular on the island with only about 50k people. Even with that few, their record attendance is more than 6600! And there are over 5000 registered players. So I guess this is my time to shine. Let's get one of these teams to win it all! So this is me:

aXWkapC.png

A poor Norwegian stranded on some islands with a gang of crazy footballers. I chose to take over Undrið FF, newly promoted to the 2nd tier. The club have little to show in regards to facilities and don't even own their one playing field.

18xH7Tp.png

Looks like I got my work cut out for me if want this club to win the Champions League! Wish me luck, I think I need it!

Edit:

Oh, and I have pre-agreed transfer I can't get out of. A 44 year old striker...

9GWRppr.png

Edited by XaW

Vikeologist's 2023/24 Brora Report

League

The season started with, Cammy Cunningham YP4a, our best player from last year’s intake, managing to force his way out of the club, to play Reserve football for a top league side. The board accepted a bid of 26k plus extras, and I didn’t have the option of objecting.

If he makes it big, and there’s every chance he will, we might make some money from a sell on clause of 40% profit, but so far he hasn’t made a single first team appearance for Ross County.

He’s more likely to go the way of Dean Hackshaw, who left on a free transfer at the end of my first season, signed for a club in the same division, and 2 seasons after that had been released and had retired from football.

I thought that we would probably be able to comfortably stay up, but I was quickly proved wrong. Almost immediately we were at the foot of the table. Our only hope was that only the bottom team goes down automatically. The second to bottom team goes into the promotion/relegation playoff, and luckily there was another really terrible team.

Near the end of the season we improved, but so did the other bad team. It did mean though that we cut the gap to absolute safety from 13 points to 2.

However, we kept turning leads into defeats, and ended up having to win our penultimate match to stand any chance of even making it to the playoffs.

We went a goal down, but then our opponents had 2 players issued straight reds. We went all out attack, took the lead in extra time, and then conceded due to a fluky deflection with allocated extra time having already elapsed. So, we were relegated after a match which was a microcosm of our entirely awful season.

To be honest, I’d hope that we should come straight back up. Our players might bitch and groan, but none of their contracts are actually up; at least not for anybody I want to keep.

On the positive side, we did make some money from our holiday in the Championship. Our Youth Facilities completed their upgrade during the season, and hopefully the board will still go ahead with improving the training facilities next season.

Youth Intake

Danny McLaughlin YP5a -  A striker. We’ve had a few promising strikers in recent intakes, but I really need someone who’s going to actually produce the goods. Hopefully it’s Danny.

John Hartley YP5b – A central defender. There’s actually a few players ahead of him in the pecking order, so we’ll see how he develops.

YP1 Heroes and Villains

4 seasons plus on from the intake, let’s see who made it, and who didn’t, from our first intake.

Heroes

4 players from that first intake have established themselves as starters, though definitely not the ones that were predicted to.

David Greig YP1c. He came in as an attacking midfielder, and I said 4 seasons ago that I was going to retrain him as a striker, but I must have changed my mind and changed him into a central midfielder instead. Has been a starter for the last 3 seasons, but not our best player from that intake.

Barry Macrae YP1i – Unbelievably turned out to be the cream of that first crop. A striker. Didn’t look anything special. Had low determination. Benefitted from my lack of strikers early on, which meant that he got a chance and kept improving. My AM thought he had 3.5 star potential when he came I, but he’s now at 4 stars actual in an obviously much better squad. Goes to show, you can’t go by initial reports.

Kyle Davidson YP1k – A central defender. The battle for this position is a hot mess, but Davidson is probably pretty much our best right now, and has started most matches this season.

Gordon Ross YP1g – Like Greig, got an early chance because our midfield was so poor, and has developed accordingly. Has been a starter for 3 seasons, but still doesn’t really have a potential equal to Greig.

Villains

Mark Hunter YP1a – An exciting goalie, whose fortunes have been messed up by a much better goalie who came along 2 seasons later. Still just about our second best goalie, he’s currently out on loan, and struggling to keep his place as our backup, even though he still has 5 star potential. Mind you, that doesn’t necessarily mean much.

James Nairn YP1b – Left back. Honestly, I didn’t recognise the name, and had to check if he was even still with us. He is, but he doesn’t even get matches with the Reserves. Still has potential, but hasn’t actually made any progress towards realising it. Must try to find a loan for him, but like I say, I’d forgotten he existed. My 8th best left back, and I think you can probably guess how many left backs are with the club.

Michael Thomson YP1d – Central defender. The same story as Mark Hunter. Was superseded by subsequent intakes, and is currently out on loan getting first team football trying to rejuvenate his career.

22/23	League 1		2nd		Promoted via playoffs
23/24	Championship		10th		Relegated and bottom of the table. 

481048339_BariBadge.png.95ecd863b4856796fc302696c4e01107.png

Bari - Season 2020_21

2137891922_BariPerformanceSummary2020_21.thumb.png.7dbd205ddf292ddcb766e41f197449d4.png

1294095721_BariFacilities2020_21.thumb.png.2e94cc5afa61d62f9976db0fe7903466.png

Serie B Finished 14th - a pretty nothing season

TIM Cup We were knocked out in the second round

Financial summary

Transfers nobody in  or out of course but one player left. He refused a new contract at the beginning of the season  and I forgot about offering him another until the beginning of January when he’d already agreed to join another club.

My best player during the year was Simone Simeri with 17 goals and two assists

It looks like a very good youth intake with the three most promising being Mario La Marc , a striker, and two midfielders Marco Foti and Antonio Bianchi. Plus Muzio Gorghini a goalkeeper who is already much better than my existing goalkeeper Andrea Bellussi who, inspite of having been my first team choice, is described as surplus to requirements.

Next season I’m starting the 16 year old as my first choice goalkeeper and hoping for a better season

XaW - Undrið FF - 2019

2560px-Undri%C3%B0_FF_logo.svg.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

So, the Faroe Islands, huh? Cold and wet, and apparently football! And pretty much everyone is a terrible footballer, as it turns out. Since everyone is pretty bad at football, I created a basic 4-4-2 with wingers to lump it into the box and hope for the best. And it kind of works. Except when it doesn't. Many horrible decisions from the players and a lot of torn hair, but in the end the season were a success. We got promoted as champions, just ahead of FC Suðuroy on goal difference. I started with a couple of very good players in the squad, and a whole lot of dead wood. And I expect it to stay like this for a few season until we can get in some money and improve the club. Away we go!

We didn't play in the cup this season, so maybe next year.

We had a very good intake and everyone could be good, so it's kind of hard to show anyone who are great, but the best ones as far as I can tell is Brandur Guttesen 19n and Ragnar Samuelsen 19k.

Player statistics

Most apps:
Rúni Olsen - 27 apps
Hørður Jacobsen / Heini Johansen - 26 apps
Arnbjørn Gaardbo - 25 apps

Most goals:
Arnbjørn Gaardbo / Hørður Jacobsen - 17 goals
Christian Vilhelm Jacobsen - 7 goals
Eyðun PetersenTrygvi Absalonsen - 5 goals

Most assists:
Arnbjørn Gaardbo - 9 assists
Hans Jákup Poulsen - 7 assists
4 players - 5 assists

Highest average rating:
Arnbjørn Gaardbo - 7.72
Hørður Jacobsen - 7.30
Trygvi Absalonsen - 7.16

Season    Division             Position     Cup        	     Europe              Notes and Achievements     
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019      1. delid             1st          N/A              N/A                 Promoted as champions

28gfztmp.png

Bucaspor - 2024/25 (S6)

Team (+ U21)| Transfers

What a season we've had. It all started with a rather hard decision selling our first home grown player ever. Winger Kula left us for over half a million, however it wasn't the money I did it for. He's been decent through the years and played nearly 100 games for the club, but never really improved his game and was a constant switch between bench & the starting line-up. His departure allowed Koç to start in more games and long story short: Koç became our top goalscorer, won the award for cup player of the season & rookie in the Süper Lig.

After our great run last season finishing 6th, I aimed at a solid mid-table finish without any further expectations. We did slightly better finishing 8th this season, behind all the biggest teams in Turkey which are still way out of our league. We will need some time and some more quality to be able to fully compete with those squads, but that's no shame. In the Ziraat Turkiye Kupasi we showed that we are growing and are starting to be a real competitive side, that's the least we can say about our cup run... I mean, we won the damn thing! :D We beat 3 Süper Lig teams, among which Trabzonspor, to make it to the final facing last year's winner Bursaspor. A good side with some great players like Thill or Da Cunha, so I didn't even think about possibly winning the cup. We did however have a small "home" advantage since we played the final in the stadium of Karsiyaka, which is located in Izmir as we are. An early goal of Erdemir was enough to beat them 1-0, winning the cup and qualifying for the EL group stage! 

Key players

Best player of the season was obviously Koç which I mentioned before. Our other winger Zor had a magnificent season aswell, scoring 11 goals and providing us with 8 assists. I'm afraid and almost sure we will lose him next season since he won't sign a pro deal for us and his youth contract is expiring... He's by far our best player, losing him would hurt like hell.

Last but not least: Arici, our ball winning midfielder who's been vital for the team from day one. He's the type of player any coach would like, you can always count on him either as a defender or as a defensive mid. Had another good season, having an average rating of 7.12 so deserves the mention!

Youth intake

Süper Lig money is big (winning means an extra 500K, a draw 250K) which allowed us to improve our facilities. They are at an excellent level now. It should reflect at our following youth intakes, this one was fairly good aswell. Tagged 5 players which will all be of (very good) use next season... More about that later. In general the personalities are starting to become better, something I can only applaud. Kose and Eyuboglu are two talented full backs that will most likely have to compete against eachother to earn a spot on the bench, while Siner provides us with some depth.

The most promising ones of the bunch are however Oktay and Kolak, I believe both of them will be starters next season. Oktay has the potential to become our new leading playmaker in midfield, Ozlu didn't develop as I hoped or thought he would while Findicki & Isliki are having trouble performing as they did the previous seasons. Kolak on the other hand is already the best striker we have at the moment. This guy might be our chance to improve as a team since we actually never had a clinical finisher. Eager to see what he can do for us!

Side note: our U19 won the league and managed to get a promotion to the highest division in the country, an important step in our process. 

Another side note: we had 5 Turkish youth internationals at some point this, which shows our hard work is starting to pay off. Still waiting for the first one to make it to the senior squad tho! 

0bc24fc63ca1935a69731136ecf18573.png

oppsal_if_fotball.gif?itok=TadLrAIH

Oppsal Season 2040 Report

I've finally finished another season of this challenge! This was our second year back up in the Norwegian Premier Division after a 9th place finish last year as we looked to improve on that this year. Plenty of developing young talent made me pretty optimistic for this season.

Cup- We started with an easy 7-0 win over Fjøra and then beat our lower league affiliate Sjetten 4-0. We then drew Sandnes Ulf from the division below and put in a really poor performance as it went all the way to penalties and we lost. A 3rd round exit is really disappointing and we definitely need to do better next year.

League- We started the league fantastically and for some time were sitting in 3rd, behind Molde and Rosenborg who were too good for everyone else and fought a two-horse race for the title. Our form slowly dipped as the season went on and we were increasingly hit by injuries and suspensions as our lack of depth began to show. Just over halfway through we sold our star fullback Emil Forsnes 37A as my board began accepting offers over my head. I managed to negotiate a pretty good deal as he was sold to Napoli for 8 Million with potential to go up to 12.75 million. We had good replacements for him but obviously not quite as good, and we continued to struggle a bit. A pretty horrific end to the season saw us win only 2 of our last 9 games. We were still in contention to qualify for Europe with two games to go, and we beat Molde at home in the penultimate game to give the title to Rosenborg and ensure we needed just a win at home to mid-table Lillestrom in order to qualify. I'm sure you can tell where this is going... Lillestrom walked directly through my entire team off the kickoff and scored within 15 seconds and despite some fightback we never recovered and lost 4-3, meaning we missed out on European competition by a single point. While this was a really disappointing finish, we did improve on our position from last season and we did play pretty well overall.

Best Players-

Top goalscorer: Andreas Samuelsen 37F (17 goals) A very good season from our most consistent striker. Our other regular strikers were a bit more inconsistent this year, with a couple going through goal droughts. Emil Liebe-Hart 36C managed a decent 13 goals this year however I was hoping he would replicate or exceed his totals from last year.

Most assists: Marius Sundal 36E, Emil Liebe-Hart 36C and Nasir Paulsberg 33C (6 assists) A three-way tie between a fullback, striker and a midfielder which is nice.

Highest avg rating: Marius Sundal 36E (7.24) 

Most POM: Marius Sundal 36E (5) This guy was thrown into the first team this year at fullback to provide depth and eventually start once Forsnes 37A was sold and he did fantastically well. I'm excited to see how good he gets.

MVP: Andreas Samuelsen 37F (17 goals, 3 assists, 7.20 avg rating, 2 POM, League top goalscorer, European Golden Boy winner) Our most consistent player, led the line all season and scored lots of important goals. Somehow he also managed to win European Golden Boy this year which is pretty insane.

Best U23 player: Marius Sundal 36E (1 goal, 6 assists, 7.24 avg rating, 5 POM) An awesome rookie season from the young fullback who should only get better.

Results Results 2 (no) Transfers

Overall I think we have to be happy with this season as we did play well overall, achieving our highest ever league finish. I know we can do better though and will be targeting Continental qualification next season for sure. We have had an improvement to youth facilities completed, another one in the works and my board has just agreed to expand our stadium to put some of that transfer income to use. 

|         League        | Pos.  |   Cup       |  Europe    |  Top scorer     |    Top assists          |    Highest avg rating|     Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019   2nd Division       3rd      2nd Round        -         Bransdal(22)        Bransdal(8)               Bright-Taylor(7.41)     PROMOTION
2020   1st Division      11th      1st Round        -         Langåker(11)        Östman/Nilsen(7)          Bright-Taylor(7.06)     Survived
2021   1st Division       9th      3rd Round        -         Langåker(14)        Rosendal/Nilsen(6)        Kristiansen(7.20)       Mid Table
2022   1st Division       9th      2nd Round        -         Langåker(18)        Rosendal/Paulsberg(6)     Bright-Taylor(7.07)     Mid Table
2023   1st Division      14th      1st Round        -         Bransdal(9)         Nilsen(5)                 Nilsen(7.08)            Relegated
2024   2nd Division       2nd      3rd Round        -         Langåker(17)        Nilsen(9)                 Bright-Taylor(7.51)     PROMOTION
2025   1st Division      15th      2nd Round        -         Langåker(10)        Harviken(7)               Nilsen(7.14)            Relegated
2026   2nd Division       2nd      1st Round        -         Langåker(17)        Harviken(11)              Granhaug(7.58)          PROMOTION
2027   1st Division       8th      3rd Round        -         Langåker(9)         Nilsen(7)                 Nilsen(7.21)            Mid Table
2028   1st Division       8th      4th Round        -         Langåker(17)        Nilsen(7)                 Nilsen(7.23)            Mid Table
2029   1st Division       8th      3rd Round        -         Krogstad(11)        Nilsen/Hoel(7)            Hoel(7.09)              Mid Table
2030   1st Division       8th      1st Round        -         Furthi(11)          Rygh(4)                   Furthi(7.10)            Mid Table
2031   1st Division       4th      2nd Round        -         Langåker/Furthi(15) Hoel(9)                   Hoel(7.23)              PROMOTION
2032   Premier Div.      14th      4th Round        -         Furthi(8)           Rytterager(6)             Knudtzon(7.04)          Relegated
2033   1st Division       5th      4th Round        -         Furthi/Krogstad(8)  Hoel/Jakhelln(6)          Auklend(7.13)           Playoffs
2034   1st Division       8th      2nd Round        -         Furthi(10)          Hoel/Knudtzon(5)          Knudtzon(7.28)          Mid Table
2035   1st Division       4th      Semi final       -         Jakelln/Ferrer(11)  Hoel(11)                  Jakelln(7.23)           Playoffs
2036   1st Division       4th      2nd Round        -         Jakelln(7)          Hoel/Vraalsen(7)          Knudtzon(7.22)          Playoffs
2037   1st Division       7th      4th Round        -         Aune(8)             Haaland(6)                Knudtzon(7.21)          Mid Table
2038   1st Division       1st      1st Round        -         Sandvik(15)         Aabel(8)                  Aabel(7.32)             PROMOTION
2039   Premier Div.       9th      Quarter final    -         Liebe-Hart(14)      Aabel(11)                 Aabel(7.24)             Mid Table
2040   Premier Div.       6th      3rd Round        -         Samuelsen(17)       Sundal/Paulsberg/L-H(6)   Sundal(7.24)            Top Half

Edited by Fadedaf
Samuelsen 37F won a bunch of awards

I gotta say I'm impressed with your tenacity, @Fadedaf

For my own sake, I were away for the weekend, so very little FM for me, but I'm a bit into the next season, and at the moment a relegation back to the 2nd tier looks very likely. I only have a few points up to safety, but we are really leaking goals.

XaW - Undrið FF - 2020

After the nice promotion last season I were eager to start our first in the Faroese top tier. We are semi-professional, but for some reason, I can only sign players on non-contracts, so I've been very weary of poaching from other teams. Luckily, nothing like that has happened yet, so I kept all the players I wanted to keep. I tossed out a few of the original players, either because they were utterly horrible, or because they started complaining about lack of first team football. One of the positive aspects for non-contracts that! The season itself started quite poor for us though. We only won 1 of our first 7 matches and it were quite clear we had issues avoiding goals against us, while scoring is less of an issue. We were down in the mud, but at least we were never last, TB had a horrible season and only won 1 in their first 14 games (losing all other 13!) and were firmly bottom from the get go. Fellow promotee FC Suðuroy were also struggling, along B36 Tórshavn who also had a tough season. As the season went into the latter part, though, we had a bit of an upswing in form and picked up a couple of wins in a row, and that shot us up from the low depths and into the midtable, close to Víkingur Gøta and NSÍ Runavík. With a mixed ending we ended in a very decent 6th place and avoided relegation, partly thanks to a horrid end from FC Suðuroy. 

In the Løgmanssteypið we beat TB before losing to ÍF Fuglafjørður in the quarter final.

The youth intakes at this level always bring in high potential players, so I'm weary of calling this great, but at least we got a couple of good players in Pætur Hansen 20e and René Jacobsen 20i.

Player statistics

Most apps:
Rúni Olsen / Hørður Jacobsen - 29 apps
Ragnar Samuelsen 19k / Hans Jákup Poulsen - 26 apps
Arnbjørn Gaardbo - 23(2) apps

Most goals:
Ragnar Samuelsen 19k - 18 goals
Hørður Jacobsen - 8 goals
Arnbjørn GaardboHans Jákup Poulsen - 7 goals

Most assists:
Arnbjørn Gaardbo / Hans Jákup Poulsen / Regin Joensen - 6 assists
Hanus Samuelsen - 5 assists
Jón Andreasen 19g - 4 assists

Highest average rating:
Jan Joensen 19j - 7.38
Ragnar Samuelsen 19k - 7.35
Arnbjørn Gaardbo - 7.17

Season    Division             Position     Løgmanssteypið    Europe              Notes and Achievements     
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019      1. delid             1st          N/A               N/A                 Promoted as champions
2020      Effodeildin          6th          Quarter final     N/A                 Avoided relegation

XaW - Undrið FF - 2021

So, with the survival last season, I hoped to build on that combined with another year of experience for the youngsters. We kept all the players we wanted during the winter as well, so things were looking good. In the first few matches of the season we did quite good, but then reality hit us like a brick. To be fair, I've kind of waited for this, since the team is not nearly good enough for the top tier, it should barely be good enough for the 2nd tier. According to the coaches, I have a good team for the 3rd tier of Faroese leagues! We didn't win any of the last 17 matches, and unsurprisingly got relegated. I had hoped we could climb out, and with a few matches left, we did have a chance.

W67vUH0.png

We just didn't manage to bring in the points and deserved the relegation. Hopefully, we can bounce right back up again.

In the Løgmanssteypið we beat Skála IF before losing to ÍF Fuglafjørður in the Quarter final.

The youth intake this season were pretty good with two amazing youngsters in Heini Drangastein 21a and Høgni Mikkelsen 21b. I hope I can keep them for a while!

Player statistics

Most apps:
Rúni Olsen - 29 apps
Ragnar Samuelsen 19k - 28 apps
Árni Joensen - 26 apps

Most goals:
Ragnar Samuelsen 19k - 19 goals
René Jacobsen 20i - 5 goals
Hørður Jacobsen - 4 goals

Most assists:
Jan Joensen 19j / Hørður Jacobsen - 6 assists
Pætur Hansen 20e - 4 assists
Brandur Guttesen 19n / Arnbjørn Gaardbo - 3 assists

Highest average rating:
Ragnar Samuelsen 19k - 7.19
Arnbjørn Gaardbo - 7.00
Rúni Olsen - 6.91

Season    Division             Position     Løgmanssteypið    Europe              Notes and Achievements     
2019      1. delid             1st          N/A               N/A                 Promoted as champions
2020      Effodeildin          6th          Quarter final     N/A                 Avoided relegation
2021      Effodeildin          10th         Quarter final     N/A                 Relegated

XaW - Undrið FF - 2022

After suffering the humiliation of relegation last season, at least I got to keep my job. The media expected us to be relegated once again, but we had other ideas. With the youngsters from last season given another year of development, we started great, and actually ran away along KÍ2. Same as the other seasons, our attack is pretty good, but the defence is really, REALLY poor. The level of difference between the two tiers in the Faroe Island is becoming more evident to me though. Even flying through this level is not enough to stay up at the top. We were promoted with 7 games left and clinched the title with 3 games left. So back up we go!

In the Løgmanssteypið we beat EB/Streymur and ÍF Fuglafjørður before we lost to 07 Vestur after extra time in the semi final.

We had a decent youth intake this season with a couple of good players. Mathias Olsen 22b and Rói Clementsen 22c seems like good talents.

Player statistics

Most apps:
Rúni Olsen - 31 apps
Árni Joensen - 30 apps
René Jacobsen 20i / Ragnar Samuelsen 19k - 29 apps

Most goals:
Ragnar Samuelsen 19k - 21 goals
René Jacobsen 20i - 11 goals
Høgni Mikkelsen 21b - 10 goals

Most assists:
Høgni Mikkelsen 21b - 12 assists
Pætur Hansen 20e - 11 assists
Jan Joensen 19j - 3 assists

Highest average rating:
Jan Joensen 19j - 7.67
Ragnar Samuelsen 19k - 7.47
Høgni Mikkelsen 21b - 7.45

2021      Effodeildin          10th         Quarter final     N/A                 Relegated
2022      1. delid             1st          Semi final        N/A                 Promoted as champions

XaW - Undrið FF - 2023

So, back up in the top tier, and the only goal are still to survive. A lot of my players are way too poor to play here, but quite a lot of the youngsters are coming along nicely. We did lose one of our best players this season, and that impacted us negatively. The most annoyingly part is that I won't ever see any money for him. I hope we soon can give out actual contracts to avoid too many situations like this. Tactically, I'm still using the very basic 4-4-2, albeit tweaked a bit. However, it still doesn't matter. We are conceding goals all over the place. At least we are balancing it with scoring freely as well. I don't think I can do much about it tactically, since I'm not good enough with them, so I guess I'll keep the "let's see if I can score more than you" tactical framework as we go forward. The season itself were quite successful, all things considered. We score, we concede, and in the end we finished 5th. Only 1 spot behind the European places, but a bit of point-wise. Still, I'm very happy with the team this season.

In the Løgmanssteypið we beat Skála ÍF before losing to Víkingur Gøta in the quarter final.

The youth intake this season were very good with some very talented players. The most exciting is Tóki Joensen 23d and Ólavur Justinussen 23c.

Player statistics

Most apps:
Pætur Hansen 20e / Ragnar Samuelsen 19k - 29 apps
Hans Jákup Poulsen - 28 apps
Rói Clementsen 22c - 25(1) apps

Most goals:
Ragnar Samuelsen 19k - 28 goals
René Jacobsen 20i - 12 goals
Poul Davidsen 21i - 5 goals

Most assists:
Pætur Hansen 20e - 11 assists
Jan Joensen 19j - 9 assists
Heini Drangastein 21a - 7 assists

Highest average rating:
Jan Joensen 19j - 7.52
Ragnar Samuelsen 19k - 7.51
Heini Drangastein 21a - 7.34

2022      1. delid             1st          Semi final        N/A                 Promoted as champions
2023      Effodeildin          5th          Quarter final     N/A                 Mid-table

XaW - Undrið FF - 2024

Before the season even started I got two horrible messages.

VzYXfh7.pngm2u5GZ0.png

Yes, KÍ Klaksvík stole two of my best players. Really annoying! As the season started though, we actually did pretty good as we went on a little run of wins, then a run of losses, then a run of wins, then a run of... well, you get it. We were the spree-team of the season. There is an upside to that though, and that is wins are far better than draws. And that meant we were actually part of the upper part of the table. Nowhere near ÍF Fuglafjørður or NSÍ Runavík who ran away quite early on. And, might I add, had one of the closest finishes I've seen. Same points, but ÍF Fuglafjørður won on 1 better goal difference! Towards the end of the season we were in a battle for the European spots along KÍ Klaksvík and FC Suðuroy. Of course, I wish KÍ Klaksvík all the worst after they stole my best players, but in the end they finished above us, though we kept FC Suðuroy at bay to keep the 4th spot. This means we are heading into Europe next season! Maybe I can give out some part time contracts soon, as well?

In the Løgmanssteypið we beat 07 Vestur before losing to ÍF Fuglafjørður in the quarter final.

A lot of talents in this years youth intake, but the standouts are Jákup Jacobsen 24f and Rani Nolsøe 24g.

Player statistics

Most apps:
Tóki Joensen 23d / Pætur Hansen 20e - 28 apps
René Jacobsen 20i - 27 apps
Brandur Guttesen 19n - 26(1) apps

Most goals:
Ólavur Justinussen 23c - 14 goals
René Jacobsen 20i - 11 goals
Poul Davidsen 21i - 7 goals

Most assists:
Jan Joensen 19j - 9 assists
Mathias Olsen 22b / Uni Benjaminsen 21e - 6 assists
Poul Davidsen 21i / Pætur Hansen 20e / Brandur Guttesen 19n - 5 assists

Highest average rating:
Jan Joensen 19j - 7.42
Ólavur Justinussen 23c / Mathias Olsen 22b - 7.19
Rói Clementsen 22c - 7.08

2023      Effodeildin          5th          Quarter final     N/A                 Mid-table
2024      Effodeildin          4th          Quarter final     N/A                 Qualified for Europe

34R49qD.png

Just played out one of the most insane matches of this save so far. I don't know what I did to annoy the ref of this game because he gave the opposition no less than FOUR penalties (at least 2 of which were perfectly timed, all-ball tackles). He did give us one as well which we missed obviously, as no one on our team can take a penalty whatsoever. Still, five penalties in the same game! I almost didn't even notice one of my strikers quietly scoring a hat trick amongst the chaos!

@XaW doing the same exact challenge on FM15 with FC Suðuroy until the new version comes out. I did the exact opposite of you in terms of playing style. I'm playing Standard-Fluid with short passes and high pressing. It worked as well after a few intakes that were generous in terms of creative players. After 2 consecutive championships and 2 cups, I lost my best player and club legend because of a horrible tackle. 7 months out with a broken foot, the second time he goes through that injury.

image.thumb.png.5ad77ae1d9341003a732bf8dfb6dceed.pngimage.thumb.png.0297cf7d306fa8debee7ebd38dd13dcd.pngimage.png.aa55b6cea24373758107617271b99fbd.png

1362260206_BariBadge.png.e7345b162c9867bbffb5c2893d58ec41.png

Bari - Season 2021_22

1241103842_BariPerformanceSummary2021_22.thumb.png.d1b9f79faf0be80cb50f25bc30b65626.png

1726393053_BariFacilities2021_22.thumb.png.c775efaf511a769ff028ffb135d91576.png

Serie B - A great season. We became champions in the last match.

TIM Cup - We were knocked out in the fourth round.

Financial summary

Transfers nobody in, of course, or out.

My best scorer was a striker  Simone Simeri for the second successive season with 19 goals and two assists and the player with the best overall average rating was my left midfielder Giuseppe De Donatis with an average rating of 7.60.

It looks like an "interesting" youth intake with the three most promising being Giovanni Peer , a fickle striker, Fabrizio Perri who is a temperamental central defender and Alessandro D'Avino  , a fairly ambitious striker.

With promotion to Serie A I'm hoping for a better result than when I last tried this challenge.

XaW - Undrið FF - 2025

I only lost one first team player this season.

7jk0t7b.png

Quite annoying, but we'll survive. I did release a whole bunch of youngsters that I don't think are anywhere near making the cut. The season itself went quite good and we were part of the group of 4 teams fighting for the European spots along KÍ Klaksvík, NSÍ Runavík and ÍF Fuglafjørður. The four of us left the rest of the teams behind early on and fought among ourselves. I've gotten a bit more control with the conceded goals, since we actually conceded 11 goals less this season, but we still have a lot to go to be comparable to the rest. In the end we finished in 4th after losing the 3rd spot on the final day. And I were quite annoyed when I saw that I had missed out on Europe since relegated B68 Toftir had won the Løgmanssteypið and take our spot! So no Europe next season, but hopefully we can qualify soon again.

In the Løgmanssteypið we beat FC Suðuroy before losing to B68 Toftir in the quarter final.

This season we also made our debut in Europe since we qualified for the Europa League last season. We started in the 1st qualifying round were we faced KF Shkëndija of North Macedonia. In a surprising turn of events we beat them 3-1 in both legs to go through. In the 2nd qualifying round we drew FC Vaduz of Liechtenstein (though they are playing in the Swiss league). They beat us 0-1 at our place and 2-1 in Liechtenstein and knocked us out. Still, we brought in a lot of money and that have allowed the board to accept improvements to both youth and training facilities for the off season.

We had a spectacular youth intake this season with a lot of talented players. The standouts are Martin Poulsen 25a and Ragnar Jacobsen 25b.

Player statistics

Most apps:
Tóki Joensen 23d - 33 apps
Ólavur Justinussen 23c - 31 apps
Mathias Olsen 22b / Pætur Hansen 20e - 30 apps

Most goals:
Ólavur Justinussen 23c - 15 goals
Mathias Olsen 22b - 9 goals
Pætur Hansen 20e / Martin Poulsen 25a - 6 goals

Most assists:
Mathias Olsen 22b - 11 assists
Jákup Jacobsen 24f / Niklas Gaardbo 23a / Pætur Hansen 20e - 5 assists
Ólavur Justinussen 23c - 4 assists

Highest average rating:
Mathias Olsen 22b - 7.51
Jan Joensen 19j - 7.35
Niklas Gaardbo 23a - 7.23

2024      Effodeildin          4th          Quarter final     N/A                 Qualified for Europe
2025      Effodeildin          4th          Quarter final     N/A                 Just off the European spots

XaW - Undrið FF - 2026

This season we lost 3 of the best players before the season even started.

tC8OCVu.pngUZfdCok.png9KVI2QK.png

So, that was a kick in the teeth. The two first were also the best ones from the newest intake and the hopes I had for the season went down a bit. The season started good, but not great. KÍ Klaksvík ran away with the league from the get go, so it was up to the rest of us to fight for the rest for the remaining European spots. My main competitors were NSÍ Runavík, ÍF Fuglafjørður and 07 Vestur. The fight were tough, but in the end we finished in a very decent 4th place and qualified for Europe for the 2nd time.

In the Løgmanssteypið we beat Víkingur Gøta, 07 Vestur and EB/Streymur to reach our first final. Here we lost 1-3 to a very strong KÍ Klaksvík side.

The youth intake this season were nothing sort of spectacular. The improvement I've gotten accepted the last few seasons are really giving back now. The best ones this season are Leivur Olsen 26aJóhan Jacobsen 26b and Bogi Olsen 26j.

Now, There are some strange tings in the squad now. I have Bogi Olsen 19l (central defender) and Bogi Olsen 26j (left defender). I also have Pætur Hansen 20e (right midfielder) and Pætur Hansen 25i (striker). So things are getting confusing.

Player statistics

Most apps:
Tóki Joensen 23d - 32 apps
Bogi Olsen 19l - 26(1) apps
Sonni Mortensen 25j - 25(1) apps

Most goals:
Pætur Hansen 25i / Ólavur Justinussen 23c - 14 goals
Mathias Olsen 22b - 7 goals
Rani Nolsøe 24g - 6 goals

Most assists:
Pætur Hansen 25i - 9 assists
Sonni Mortensen 25j / Mathias Olsen 22b - 6 assists
Rani Nolsøe 24g / Pætur Hansen 20e / Árni Olsen 20h - 5 assists

Highest average rating:
Mathias Olsen 22b - 7.41
Jan Joensen 19j - 7.18
Rani Nolsøe 24g / Pætur Hansen 25i - 7.13

2025      Effodeildin          4th          Quarter final     N/A                 Just off the European spots
2026      Effodeildin          4th          Runner-up         N/A                 Qualified for Europe

50 minutes ago, XaW said:

...  This season we lost 3 of the best players before the season even started ...

That’s a total pain. It happened to me all the time on my first attempt at this challenge so I’ve started offering virtually all my youth players professional contracts ASAP.